little_mermaid

N-400 July 2023 filers

190 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, katana-dolphin said:

Can anyone tell me what these updates mean? Am I approved? Why are they in that order?  I did my interview 5 hours ago.

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 4.47.56 PM.png

You’re approved and waiting for your Oath Ceremony 

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
7 hours ago, Godschild said:

You’re approved and waiting for your Oath Ceremony 

We had the same status update this week, You are approved and can expect to receive your Oath Ceremony date soon. 

Timeline

💥Latest update:

Application submitted online on 07/09/2023.

Received a receipt notice 07/09/2023.

Received a biometrics appointment notice 07/14/2023.

Biometrics appointment was on 08/02/2023.

Received a interview appointment notice 09/08/2023. (Separate interview dates for husband and wife 24 & 26 /10/2023.)

Request submitted to cancel appointments 09/08/2023. (Due to conflict with international trip. Called USCIS customer service to cancel the appointment.)

Received 2nd interview appointment notice 09/13/2023.

Interview appointment 30/10/2023. (Husband and wife are scheduled together this time round.)

Interview appoitment 30/10/2023 - recommended for approval.

Oath Ceremony scheduled: 11/14/2023

Our interview on 10/31/2023 went well at the Philly USICIS Office. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Parking was very easy. Upon arrival we had a TSA-style security check. After checking in we were directed to a waiting room on the 2nd floor. My wife and I were interviewed separately by different field offices. My wife was interviewed first. Her officer was unintimidating - professional and friendly. Very straightforward and without issues. My interview was about 15 minutes later. My officer was also professional and friendly. My interview was more intense, but not negative. I expected this as we immigrated to the US based on my work sponsored visa. I changed jobs after two years in the US. A lot of my questions were focused on my work history. Again, the officer was thorough but I never got the impression that he was trying to get my disqualified. 

Our Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 11/14/2023 within 24 hours after our interviews. 

Overall a very positive experience. We've already booked our passport appointments for later this month after our Oath Ceremony. 

Thanks for all the support! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

How long it takes for the oath ceremony to be scheduled after combo interview? My wife got letter stating Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified of when and where to report for your naturalization ceremony. 

She had her interview at Fairfax VA Washington office. Tomorrow will be a month since we went there. 

No new updates since then. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

How long it takes for the oath ceremony to be scheduled after combo interview? My wife got letter stating Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified of when and where to report for your naturalization ceremony. 

She had her interview at Fairfax VA Washington office. Tomorrow will be a month since we went there. 

No new updates since then. 

I can imagine this is discouraging given the fact that we received our oath ceremony notice within 24 hrs after our successful interviews. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

still no updates here; Aug 22 case being actively reviewed

...doesn't seem very active, eh?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
15 hours ago, TheVans said:

I can imagine this is discouraging given the fact that we received our oath ceremony notice within 24 hrs after our successful interviews. 

It is very frustrating. However, I just checked our case number and for I-751 we've got new update! 

Your interview for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number ABC123456, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. 

Timeline

and I just checked our N400 status and it also updated!

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number QWE123456, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

On 11/1/2023 at 2:49 AM, TheVans said:

💥Latest update:

Application submitted online on 07/09/2023.

Received a receipt notice 07/09/2023.

Received a biometrics appointment notice 07/14/2023.

Biometrics appointment was on 08/02/2023.

Received a interview appointment notice 09/08/2023. (Separate interview dates for husband and wife 24 & 26 /10/2023.)

Request submitted to cancel appointments 09/08/2023. (Due to conflict with international trip. Called USCIS customer service to cancel the appointment.)

Received 2nd interview appointment notice 09/13/2023.

Interview appointment 30/10/2023. (Husband and wife are scheduled together this time round.)

Interview appoitment 30/10/2023 - recommended for approval.

Oath Ceremony scheduled: 11/14/2023

Our interview on 10/31/2023 went well at the Philly USICIS Office. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Parking was very easy. Upon arrival we had a TSA-style security check. After checking in we were directed to a waiting room on the 2nd floor. My wife and I were interviewed separately by different field offices. My wife was interviewed first. Her officer was unintimidating - professional and friendly. Very straightforward and without issues. My interview was about 15 minutes later. My officer was also professional and friendly. My interview was more intense, but not negative. I expected this as we immigrated to the US based on my work sponsored visa. I changed jobs after two years in the US. A lot of my questions were focused on my work history. Again, the officer was thorough but I never got the impression that he was trying to get my disqualified. 

Our Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 11/14/2023 within 24 hours after our interviews. 

Overall a very positive experience. We've already booked our passport appointments for later this month after our Oath Ceremony. 

Thanks for all the support! 

We take our Oath on the same day! Congratulations to us! I can’t wait!

F4 Aged Out Derivative Beneficiary

01/16/2014 : Mother Filed Petition under F2b

01/16/2014: Case Accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing

06/20/2014: Case got approved, Case forwarded to National Visa Center

08/03/2014: NVC assigned case no. MNL

----------------

EB3-Philippines ( Employment Based Immigrant Visa)

01/27/2017: I-140 Filed thru Nebraska Service Center

07/24/2017: I-140 Approved

07/25/2017: Case sent to NVC

08/15/2017: NVC assigned case no.

05/07/2018: Visa Fee Bill 

05/28/2018: Documents Scanned Date

06/07/2018: Documentarily Qualified/ Case Complete

07/19/2018: Packet 4 (Interview Letter Received)

08/15/2018: Embassy Interview

08/28/2018: Visa Issued

10/05/2018: POE Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

I had my interview last Tuesday. I was not approved on the spot, and I drove myself crazy for 6 hours until I received an "Approved" notification. The next morning I was scheduled for my Oath. Which will be in 2 weeks. 

I literally cannot believe it. I've been dreaming about this moment for 10 years.

Timeline

I just checked the uscis website and I see updates for both cases. I751 is stating that it was approved and for N400 it says: 

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed
We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number IOE12345678. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by December 6, 2023, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. 

Does it mean that we can go to their website and check the document which they've sent to us? 

If yes, I have to wait for my wife to return from work as I can't login to the site without her phone. 

This is exciting! 4 Months from start to finish. I can't believe it only took this little time. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Does it mean that we can go to their website and check the document which they've sent to us? 

Yes.  Congratulations!!!!

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Yes.  Congratulations!!!!

We just did and they scheduled the ceremony for December 2nd. 

Feeling better after completing this long journey (started in 2018)

On 10/31/2023 at 9:15 PM, katana-dolphin said:

Can anyone tell me what these updates mean? Am I approved? Why are they in that order?  I did my interview 5 hours ago.

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 4.47.56 PM.png

My status looks exactly the same...the same order! My husband had his interview at the same time today and his status says 'Oath to be scheduled and application approved'. Should I be worried? 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.