10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

So I filed an AOS (I-485) back in April 2021, The USCIS acknowledged receipt in June 2021. In September 2021 we received a notice that they have everything and they will schedule us for an interview, then we heard nothing but "crickets". Fast forward to July 2023, about a month ago I contacted USCIS and asked them to expedite our case, because we are in our 60's, we are not getting any younger and it been 2yrs waiting for a Green Card interview. About 4 weeks later we received a letter saying yes we got your expedite request. Today I got a letter "Request for Evidence" You must provide the following information for us to make a final decision on your case and to submit an I-693 Medical Examination and Vaccine record which we already did over 2yrs ago.

So my question; is there a time limit on the medical examination? It doesn't seem fair to make me pay again, when I am not the one holding things up its USCIS. Plus on top of that I have to pay to resubmit paperwork to get her another 2yr work/travel card.

Anybody have the same issue before?

Cheers,

Don

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You don't have to pay again for AP/ EAD. They're free with pending applications. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Timona said:

You don't have to pay again for AP/ EAD. They're free with pending applications. 

Free? I never heard that, where is that written?

Timeline
3 hours ago, JohnnyForeigner said:

Is it possible that they are considering waiving the interview ?

They usually ask for you to bring it in person to interview.

I would re do the medical and hope for the best. 

I am crossing my fingers that's what might happen. I did finally read that the medical is only good for 2yrs...:( So we are doing it again next week.

13 minutes ago, VisaDonnie said:

Free? I never heard that, where is that written?

On USCIS.gov.

If you submit Form I-485 and pay the required fee, you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, for advance parole. You may submit these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, (also known as your receipt) as evidence that you filed Form I-485.”

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485#:~:text=If you submit Form I,may submit these forms together.

Under special instructions section 

18 hours ago, VisaDonnie said:

So I filed an AOS (I-485) back in April 2021, The USCIS acknowledged receipt in June 2021. In September 2021 we received a notice that they have everything and they will schedule us for an interview, then we heard nothing but "crickets". Fast forward to July 2023, about a month ago I contacted USCIS and asked them to expedite our case, because we are in our 60's, we are not getting any younger and it been 2yrs waiting for a Green Card interview. About 4 weeks later we received a letter saying yes we got your expedite request. Today I got a letter "Request for Evidence" You must provide the following information for us to make a final decision on your case and to submit an I-693 Medical Examination and Vaccine record which we already did over 2yrs ago.

So my question; is there a time limit on the medical examination? It doesn't seem fair to make me pay again, when I am not the one holding things up its USCIS. Plus on top of that I have to pay to resubmit paperwork to get her another 2yr work/travel card.

Anybody have the same issue before?

Cheers,

Don

your medicals have expired if they are valid only for 2 years. they need to be valid on the day the adjudicators looks at your 485. it is what it is .. just do the medical again..

for work/travel card you dont pay any fee for renewal 

duh

I will just redo the medical and send it to them. Check on the RFE letter where do you have to send the package ? If it’s from field office, great news, 90% they usually waive the interview. If it’s from service center, once they receive ur RFE package, ur case will be queue / in line for field office adjudication ( you can / May get interview or interview waived ) 

moral story : i always think it’s best to provide what USCIS want ( as long as it’s not their “mistakes” ) then fight with them

Timeline
3 hours ago, HaroKitty said:

I will just redo the medical and send it to them. Check on the RFE letter where do you have to send the package ? If it’s from field office, great news, 90% they usually waive the interview. If it’s from service center, once they receive ur RFE package, ur case will be queue / in line for field office adjudication ( you can / May get interview or interview waived ) 

moral story : i always think it’s best to provide what USCIS want ( as long as it’s not their “mistakes” ) then fight with them

Agree, I am doing it ASAP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.