Timona

Frivolous cases you've heard of

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

@Imperium she's not from any of those communities. Additionally, she's an adult. Noone will force her into it. Lastly, there are females from those communities who are educated and have not gone that route. Being that she's reached US, she's educated. 

She's grasping on straws, same as the other from Kenya who was here on VJ seeking to expedite his wife's case based on terrorism. I asked him for proof. He went under. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Timona said:

@Imperium she's not from any of those communities. Additionally, she's an adult. Noone will force her into it. Lastly, there are females from those communities who are educated and have not gone that route. Being that she's reached US, she's educated. 

She's grasping on straws, same as the other from Kenya who was here on VJ seeking to expedite his wife's case based on terrorism. I asked him for proof. He went under. 

We are rapidly approaching the point where they will be very few people who can not claim asylum, I suppose then there will be little point having other routes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Am familiar with Venezuelan asylum cases somewhat.

The professionals (who could come here on tourist visas) had definite cases.

Some of the stories were genuinely disturbing.

Now, the border-crossing asylees are largely making stuff up or embellishing their situation.

Their lawyers are starting to reuse the same stories.

The immi judges are definitely catching on to that.

Not in doubt is that Venezuela is a worthless hellhole, thanks to Chavez & Maduro.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

arent 99% of asylum cases denied.. jsut for stats purpose.  

Which is why IMO asylum cases should be treated like a B2 application.  Why does it have to go through a court system?  Why cannot it not be decided by an IO, or CBP officer with an assumption the claim is false (like B2 applicants are assumed to have immigration intent), and the petitioner responsible for the burden of proof.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
9 hours ago, Timona said:

At the end it is our moral conviction not to lie and fabricate something. I agree with you that asylum system is overloaded with fabricated claims. 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Which is why IMO asylum cases should be treated like a B2 application.  Why does it have to go through a court system?  Why cannot it not be decided by an IO, or CBP officer with an assumption the claim is false (like B2 applicants are assumed to have immigration intent), and the petitioner responsible for the burden of proof.

Sec 208; asylum procedure requires that an applicant for asylum appear for an interview with an asylum officer at one of the nationwide asylum offices. If approved, he will refer the case to Sup AO for recommended approval. If a case is denied by an AO, the applicant is issued NTA and refered to an IJ. Alternatively, if ICE catches someone, and they claim fear of return to CoO, they file an asylum application before an IJ (defensive) and that subjects them a one year bar. That is how they end up in IC. US Asylum system is broken, outdated and inconsistent with the global procedures.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Imperium said:

Sec 208; asylum procedure requires that an applicant for asylum appear for an interview with an asylum officer at one of the nationwide asylum offices. If approved, he will refer the case to Sup AO for recommended approval. If a case is denied by an AO, the applicant is issued NTA and refered to an IJ. Alternatively, if ICE catches someone, and they claim fear of return to CoO, they file an asylum application before an IJ (defensive) and that subjects them a one year bar. That is how they end up in IC. US Asylum system is broken, outdated and inconsistent with the global procedures.

Yes, completely agree, it should be much more streamlined, so laws would need to change.  Of course that is a problem in our current political environment. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Just read a great one: 

"The USA immigration is as corrupt as can be currently.

Myself claimed political asylum, my aunt and uncle was shot in a farm attack on their farm.

Immigration court told me aunt and uncle are kin and not family.

I've lived here in asylum process for 8 years, in that time I had 3 heart attacks, basically I can go back to South-Africa and as a white man I won't be able to get a job in South-Africa for years, leaving with no means of having money for medication.

So remaining here and having means to get medication... at least I can live longer.

At the end with immigration world wide, it prevents people from living their lives doesn't matter where they want to live their lives.

But to worry, we're around the corner of "end times"... meaning soon immigration won't be anymore."

Timeline

One thing that always confused me is that there seem to be no consequences for Countries from which people are fleeing.

If you are going to give Asylum to their citizens should it not have an impact, Politically, Economically? How for example can you logically issue non immigrant visas?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

@Boiler True.

Funny thing is, as soon as a mouse causes a little tension in their country, their citizens want to apply for US asylum. It's always US. 

There are other western and non-western countries of whom I've seen a lot of LBGTQ populace eg Colombia. But none will apply there. They all want to go to US. Even Colombians claim LGBTQ to come to try come to US yet I see them all over the street enjoying life. I'm waiting for Thai people to join the LGBTQ asylum bandwagon 😂

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Timona said:

@Boiler True.

Funny thing is, as soon as a mouse causes a little tension in their country, their citizens want to apply for US asylum. It's always US. 

There are other western and non-western countries of whom I've seen a lot of LBGTQ populace eg Colombia. But none will apply there. They all want to go to US. Even Colombians claim LGBTQ to come to try come to US yet I see them all over the street enjoying life. I'm waiting for Thai people to join the LGBTQ asylum bandwagon 😂

I have certainly seen Mexican cases, which seems odd as I have been to Mexico 3 times and they seem to have a fairly active scene.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.