Adventine

I-751 June 2023 Filers

147 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2023 at 5:28 PM, FeelingYoung66 said:

In my opinion completely not necessary. Our I-751 submission was this month (May 2023) and was less than 100 pages. The 48-month extension and waived biometrics letters were received less than two weeks later.

You can be thankful then, myself personally I would not risk and I did not risk sending in just a 100 page I-751. It's all a matter of personal choice and what you feel comfortable sending in, but to say not necessary I would not say that and yes I understand you gave YOUR opinion! You never know what kind of IO you will get a 100 page I-751 maybe the difference between an interview or a waived interview!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 6/1/2023 at 3:37 PM, FeelingYoung66 said:

Even before sending the 751 to Phoenix I wondered if that might be the case. But is this an educated guess on your part or do you know this for certain.

If your packet is in order yes they do send out the extension followed by your bio-metrics or bio reuse! But as what was pointed out to you it does not mean your packet is going to be approved or RFE proof!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

13 hours ago, analitikas said:

I think there are plenty of us out there who do not have joint accounts. Contrary to the poster above, I did not even bother with a cover letter, let alone any explanation. 

We hope that will be sufficient for you and your IO will be happy with that. Not required to have joint accounts, but if not wouldn't explanations of how you do your finances be an appropriate thing to do, since that is what USCIS wants to know!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

2 hours ago, Blah blah said:

Are we able to put the evidence in a priority box? I just printed out all our bank statements and no way is it going to fit into an envelope.

thank you!

Yes that will work!

Citizenship Complete!

4 hours ago, Adventine said:

ROC package mailed today! Now another round of waiting.

You'll be fine!

Citizenship Complete!

Going to mail it out tomorrow!

1.      Filing and biometric services fees of $680 in the form of a personal check payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

2.      Completed and signed form I-751

3.      Copy of permanent resident card, front and back

4.      Evidence of bona fide marital relationship as outlined in the Table of Contents:

1.      Exhibit 1 – Proof of Relationship between Petitioner & Spouse Beneficiary – Marriage

2.      Exhibit 2 – Evidence of Co-Ownership of Home and Living Together

3.      Exhibit 3 – Proof of Joint Tax Return Filings

4.      Exhibit 4 – Evidence of Joint Health, Vision, Dental Insurance

5.      Exhibit 5 – Evidence of Joint Driver Insurance Coverage

6.      Exhibit 6 – Evidence of Joint Bank Accounts

7.      Exhibit 7 – Evidence of Joint Credit Cards Statement

8.      Exhibit 8 – Evidence of Shared Phone Plan (AT&T Bill)

9.      Exhibit 9 – Designations of Beneficiary on Financial Accounts

10.   Exhibit 10 – Evidence of Gas Utility Bill Mailed to Both

11.   Exhibit 11 – Post Wedding Pictures with Dates, Description and Location

12.   Exhibit 12 – Joint Ownership of Dog

13.   Exhibit 13 – Joint Memberships

14.   Exhibit 14 – Evidence of Trips Together Throughout Marriage

15.   Exhibit 15 – Evidence of Receiving Mail at Same Address (Removed)

16.   Exhibit 16 – Pictures of Proposal, Engagement and Wedding

17.   Exhibit 17 – Cards from Family

18.   Exhibit 18 – Joint Lease of Apartment in(removed) and Joint Renters Insurance

19.   Exhibit 19 – Evidence of Conversations

20.   Exhibit 20 –Affidavit Letters

21.   Exhibit 21 –Additional information on addresses

Edited by Ontarkie
edited to removed personal information

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post edited for privacy. Please do not post any type of personal information what so ever on VJ. Visa Journey can be read by anyone and some do not have good intentions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

20 hours ago, Blah blah said:

For G-1145  can I file two. One for my husband and one for me or is just one

Just one would be sufficient. I don't think USCIS would honor two and it might confuse them!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Submitted our joint I-751 today, here begins the looooong wait! I mailed via USPS Express and the package was 12lbs and well over a 1000 sheets of paper. I am the immigrant and my husband is the USC who petitioned for me. We wanted to put together a strong package, so here's what we submitted:

·         Joint Patient Records

·         Joint Cards and ID’s

·         Furry Art Commissions of our characters. (If you can't tell by my icon lol)

·         Photos with Husband's Family

·         Adding me to Mortgage

·         Vehicles including registrations and titles at same address over three years.

·         US Tax Returns

·         Canadian Tax Returns

o    Husband’s FY2020-2021 Canadian Tax returns were processed to account for his time and income while staying in Canada.

o    Documentation showing that me and my husband ceased factual residency in Canada in late 2021 when I immigrated to the US.

·         Documentation supporting my husband’s Long Stay in Canada of 15 months due to Covid and waiting out the US immigration process.

o    Visitor Record issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

o    Visitor Extension application submitted by my husband with supporting statement by me

o    Visitor to Canada Health Insurance Purchased by my husband covering 15 months

·         Border Crossing History for me and my husband.

·         Joint Travel documents, incl hotel stays, flight bookings and dog kennel bookings

·         Joint Water and Gas bills. Credit Card and Bank Statements

·         USPS Informed Delivery covering our mail items received at our address over the last two years with both our names on.

·         Heat Pump Joint Financing

·         Joint Car Maintenance Account Payment

·         Joint mortgage Payment paid from joint account

·         Joint Checking statements

·         Various Receipts and Invoices over the last two years

·         Medical Bills and Prescriptions labels over last two years

·         Dated Photos for 2020-2023

·         Undated Photos from over the course of our marriage and relationship

·         Stills taken from CCTV Cameras

·         Joint Car and Motorcycle Insurance

·         Screenshot from our county's assessor office showing joint ownership and our cars in front of the property.

Hopefully this will avoid a RFE! But we shall see, we kinda went a bit nuts with it but didn't want to leave things up to chance.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.