N30

I-129F questions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey! 

My partner and I are trying to fill the I129-F but we have some questions...

We made a letter of intent to marry and e-signed, is it valid? We e-signed some other letters, but we are not 100% sure about it

How long would it take to get some court documents from California and Denver, how can he get those? Does he need to explain them in detail?

We don't have any pics from the proporsal, do we need them? 

Also do we need letters from out families? We are not very close to any of them, besides I still live at home but with super strict parents.

Just now, CyG said:

Hey! 

My partner and I are trying to fill the I129-F but we have some questions...

We made a letter of intent to marry and e-signed, is it valid? We e-signed some other letters, but we are not 100% sure about it

How long would it take to get some court documents from California and Denver, how can he get those? Does he need to explain them in detail?

Also do we need letters from out families? We are not very close to any of them, besides I still live at home but with super strict parents.

Any help would be wonderful, it's being hard to figure it out everything.

2 minutes ago, CyG said:

What do you mean by this exactly? Like use docusign?

3 minutes ago, CyG said:

No

3 minutes ago, CyG said:

Also do we need letters from out families?

Not needed at all 

4 minutes ago, CyG said:

Does he need to explain them in detail?

Depends on what they’re about 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

What do you mean by this exactly? Like use docusign?

No

Not needed at all 

Depends on what they’re about 

Yea, we used a program called e-sign. Or should we use copies or scanned documents?

They are minor issues that happened 20 years ago. Does he have to explain too much? 

Edited by CyG

3 minutes ago, CyG said:

Yea, we used a program called e-sign. Or should we use copies or scanned documents?

That won’t be accepted. Go with hand signed, scanned and then printed 

4 minutes ago, CyG said:

Does he have to explain too much? 

Just explain to the point and succinctly

Timeline
3 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

That won’t be accepted. Go with hand signed, scanned and then printed 

Just explain to the point and succinctly

Thanks, your a life savior. One more question do we need to use and ship a folder? 

2 minutes ago, N30 said:

Thanks, your a life savior. One more question do we need to use and ship a folder? 

Not at all, all I’ve used was paper clips and larger binder clips so far in all of my immigration steps 

Timeline
1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

Not at all, all I’ve used was paper clips and larger binder clips so far in all of my immigration steps 

And for adding extra information does he have to sign in each page? could it be added in a normal word document? 

9 minutes ago, N30 said:

And for adding extra information does he have to sign in each page? could it be added in a normal word document? 

“If you need extra space to complete any item within this petition, use the space provided in Part 8. Additional Information or attach a separate sheet of paper; type or print your name and Alien Registration Number (A-Number) (if any) at the top of each sheet; indicate the Page Number, Part Number, and Item Number to which your answer refers; and sign and date each sheet.”

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-129finstr.pdf

Edited by powerpuff

Are you aware that there is an optional checklist/instructions that accompany the I-129F that you can print out and use to help you fill out the form properly?  

Strongly recommend it.  

Doing your research and legwork now may help prevent wasted time and money later in the process.

Timeline
21 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Are you aware that there is an optional checklist/instructions that accompany the I-129F that you can print out and use to help you fill out the form properly?  

Strongly recommend it.  

Doing your research and legwork now may help prevent wasted time and money later in the process.

Yes, we are trying to use it but it's tricky sometimes. Thanks a lot 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.