secund2nun

Questions about 129f petition application

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I have a few questions about the i129F application. I am from the US and I intend to marry my girlfriend,who is from Colombia. I am deciding between k1 and c1. I know that the cr1 has a lot of advantages, but I do like the idea of my girlfriend being here in the US and meeting my family before marriage, so I am also considering the k1 visa.

For the k1 129F application I have a few questions:

1. We meet on latin america cupid. The website says that it is not a marriage broker.  It states the following: "The Service is an internet information service that facilitates contact between members who may or may not be seeking friendship or a relationship. It is not a marriage brokering service, mail order bride service or a matchmaking service. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you" Should I enter yes or no to the question if we meet through a IMBRA? I assume no

When i explain how we meet i should enter first that we found each other online on the latin america cupid website? 

2.  I had a misdemeanor DUI back in 2017 so I should answer yes to the following question 4a:

4a: Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, excluding traffic violations (unless a traffic violation was alcohol- or drugrelated or involved a fine of $500 or more)? YES

My question is that before this question it asks if I did other more serious crimes, which I did not. For those questions if the answer is yes then it says: If you were ever arrested or convicted of any of the specified crimes, you must submit certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and disposition for every arrest or conviction. the answer is no for me, but for question 4a it doesn't say anything about providing certified copies of court and police records. do i need to provide police and court records if the answer is yes for question 4a? It seems like no, but I want to make sure.

3. to confirm if i go the k1 route my fiance can show proof of the vaccines (including covid) later during the adjustment of status period, when we apply for it during the 90 days she is here, correct? She does not have to show proof of vaccines until then, correct?

4. I do not have to submit financial proof with the 129f petition until later in the process, correct?

5. If we do the cr 1 route when submit the i-130 we do not have to submit vaccine proof until later in the process, right? around when does the vaccine proof have to be submitted? 

6. The times for cr1 and k1 are about the same these days?

Thank you very much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum!

See the comparison, as compiled by our fine member Crazy Cat:
K-1        
    More expensive than CR-1    
    Requires Adjustment of Status after marriage (expensive and requires a lot of paperwork)    
    Spouse can not leave the US until she/he receives approved Advance Parole (approx 6-8 months)    
    Spouse can not work until she/he receives EAD (approx 6-8 months)    
    Some people have had problems with driver licenses, Social Security cards, leases, bank account during this period    
    Spouse will not receive Green Card for many months after Adjustment of Status is filed.
    A K-1 might be a better choice when 18-21 year old children are immigrating also
    In some situations, marriage can affect certain Home country benefits, making a K-1 a better choice   
    A denied K-1 is sent back to USCIS to expire
 CR-1
    Less expensive than K-1    
    No Adjustment of Status (I-485, I-131, I-765) required.    
    Spouse can immediately travel outside the US    
    Spouse is authorized to work immediately upon arrival.    
    Spouse receives Social Security Card and Green Card within 2 or 3 weeks after entering the US    
    Opening a bank account, getting a driver's license, etc. are very easily accomplished with GC, SS card, and passport.
    Spouse has legal permanent Resident status IMMEDIATELY upon entry to US.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

1.  "No."  Print the disclaimer and include it in your petition.

2.  Your success in this immigration journey relies on reading carefully, interpreting literally, and answering completely & accurately.  :) 

4.  Unless the instructions tell you to include this, save it for the consular phase of the process.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, secund2nun said:

Should I enter yes or no to the question if we meet through a IMBRA?

enter no

2 minutes ago, secund2nun said:

I assume no

When i explain how we meet i should enter first that we found each other online on the latin america cupid website? 

I would not. And did not.

Provide date and place of physical meeting.

4 minutes ago, secund2nun said:

2.  I had a misdemeanor DUI back in 2017 so I should answer yes to the following question 4a:

Enter yes

5 minutes ago, secund2nun said:

3. to confirm if i go the k1 route my fiance can show proof of the vaccines (including covid) later during the adjustment of status period, when we apply for it during the 90 days she is here, correct?

That is up to the physician examining her for her K-1 medical

6 minutes ago, secund2nun said:

4. I do not have to submit financial proof with the 129f petition until later in the process, correct?

Correct

6 minutes ago, secund2nun said:

5. If we do the cr 1 route when submit the i-130 we do not have to submit vaccine proof until later in the process, right? around when does the vaccine proof have to be submitted? 

That is up to the physician examining her for her CR-1 medical

7 minutes ago, secund2nun said:

K-1 is worse.

20 minutes ago, secund2nun said:

Hello everyone. I have a few questions about the i129F application. I am from the US and I intend to marry my girlfriend,who is from Colombia. I am deciding between k1 and c1. I know that the cr1 has a lot of advantages, but I do like the idea of my girlfriend being here in the US and meeting my family before marriage, so I am also considering the k1 visa.

For the k1 129F application I have a few questions:

1. We meet on latin america cupid. The website says that it is not a marriage broker.  It states the following: "The Service is an internet information service that facilitates contact between members who may or may not be seeking friendship or a relationship. It is not a marriage brokering service, mail order bride service or a matchmaking service. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you" Should I enter yes or no to the question if we meet through a IMBRA? I assume no

4a: Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, excluding traffic violations (unless a traffic violation was alcohol- or drugrelated or involved a fine of $500 or more)? YES

My question is that before this question it asks if I did other more serious crimes, which I did not. For those questions if the answer is yes then it says: If you were ever arrested or convicted of any of the specified crimes, you must submit certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and disposition for every arrest or conviction. the answer is no for me, but for question 4a it doesn't say anything about providing certified copies of court and police records. do i need to provide police and court records if the answer is yes for question 4a? It seems like no, but I want to make sure.

3. to confirm if i go the k1 route my fiance can show proof of the vaccines (including covid) later during the adjustment of status period, when we apply for it during the 90 days she is here, correct? She does not have to show proof of vaccines until then, correct?

Thank you very much.

Both will take at least two years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

2)  This can slow down your K1 is USCIS decides to send your petition to Vermont for a deeper probe into your past.

3)  At the K1 medical they will go over her vaccines and give her the option to take any missing vaccines or wait until she gets to the US.   If she waits until she gets to the US, the costs will be significantly higher.

Get married and go CR1.  You avoid 1) and 2) entirely.  And it's faster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As far as vaccines go...it doesn't matter until the medical exam phase. When you schedule your medical exam, part of the fees you pay include all of the required vaccinations your fiancé may need to go from her country to the US. If she has proof that she received them in the past, then she is good to go...if not...they will simply be provided to her as part of the initial medical exam fee. My fiancé was unsure about what vaccinations she had as a child & the hospital nor her mom had any records we could use so she got all of her required vaccinations during the medical exam.

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

6 hours ago, Kawika & Michelle said:

When you schedule your medical exam, part of the fees you pay include all of the required vaccinations your fiancé may need to go from her country to the US. If she has proof that she received them in the past, then she is good to go...if not...they will simply be provided to her as part of the initial medical exam fee.

Note that the above applies to the visa medical clinic in the Philippines specifically.  Visa medical clinics in other countries may charge a fee for vaccinations, separate from the visa medical fee.  The Department of State does not impose a standardized fee structure for their accredited clinics.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.