Inveigh

Administrative Processing: 221(G) / DS-5535 Split (Green Slip) (merged)

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Inveigh said:

Going to keep updating this for others to see

I have had yet another update today on 06JUNE2023 around approximately 0730AM (EST) 

Below is an updated version of my timeline. This marks update #6. (not including the first two)

Case Last Updated Dates:

08MAY2023 - Interview Date - Ready 
09MAY2023 - Refused 221(G) - Documents not Submitted
10MAY2023 - Refused 221(G) - Documents Submitted
11MAY2023 - Refused 221(G) - No Action on our Behalf
22MAY2023 - Refused 221(G) - No Action on our Behalf
24MAY2023 - Refused 221(G) - No Action on our Behalf
26MAY2023 - Refused 221(G) - No Action on our Behalf  

06JUNE2023 - Refused 221(G) - No Action on our Behalf  (TODAY)

Will update appropriately if we receive anything further. My fiancé is sleeping and has not had a chance to check her email.

Those updates are meaningless until the status changes to either "Issued" or "Returned to USCIS".  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

Those updates are meaningless until the status changes to either "Issued" or "Returned to USCIS".  

What might be meaningless to you might be a beacon of hope to someone else-- especially since the Iran subsection of this forum is heavily limited in information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Inveigh said:

What might be meaningless to you might be a beacon of hope to someone else-- especially since the Iran subsection of this forum is heavily limited in information.

To each his own.  Hopefully, you will get an "Issued" update soon.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/22/2023 at 9:37 AM, saied said:

@InveighAny update on your case?

As of Yesterday (Friday July 21st 2023) my Lawyer and the U.S. Attorneys office have established communications.

Bear in mind this more likely just to see what my case is about (potentially just a curtsey) rather than turning into a professional into a adjudication of my fiancés clearance. 

My lawyer has also sent some evidence over to their office so as right now, so the ball is in their court (no pun intended).

I don't want to be a debbie downer but seems like the AP process for Iranians is taking so long. My wife found a telegram channel with all Iranians who are going through AP and many have been stuck for many years now. Some have even done the Mandumas and have not even gotten a response.

This is so maddening for many of us.  I am thinking of really focusing my efforts and moving to another country if we don't get a response this year.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, saied said:

I don't want to be a debbie downer but seems like the AP process for Iranians is taking so long. My wife found a telegram channel with all Iranians who are going through AP and many have been stuck for many years now. Some have even done the Mandumas and have not even gotten a response.

This is so maddening for many of us.  I am thinking of really focusing my efforts and moving to another country if we don't get a response this year.

Greetings my friend, I am also in the same Telegram group you are referring too. The lawyer I have representing me is through Morrison-Urena if that helps bring some clarity to your situation. I dont want to say which of the two is representing me as I don't want to make this post seem disingenuous, but I feel like I know exactly what your feeling and how maddening it can be-- as there are alot of us out there that currently going through the same thing.  If you want to talk or need some tips, please feel free to reach out. Additionally, if you need some resources there are plenty of High Quality videos on Joshua Goldstiens channel that help bring some clairty to this really confusing and unclear process (his latest one more specifically [On DS-5535]. Additionally, I will keep tabs on my timeline and update it the further we get so everyone can see and I highly  suggest you do the same as well to help out others as it really brings a sense of hope to everyone watching. As far as I am concerned though K1's and IR1's are typically faster going through the process as you have seen through the telegram channel. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, saied said:

Hello, I am not familiar with the Telegram group you are referring. Are those Iranians who are stuck in AP for years waiting on fiancé/spouse visa? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for posting an outside link. Please do not post such links on the forums.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
5 hours ago, Catperson_rx said:

Hello, I am not familiar with the Telegram group you are referring. Are those Iranians who are stuck in AP for years waiting on fiancé/spouse visa? 

Send me a Private Message and I’ll send you the link to it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

~~One post removed for posting an outside link. Please do not post such links on the forums.~~

Is this a new policy? I don't see anything forbidding links in the website ToS. It even has multiple sections describing outside content. ("Third-party content may appear on VisaJourney Websites and Services or may be accessible via links from VisaJourney."; "The VisaJourney Websites and Services contain links to third party web sites that are maintained by others. ")

45 minutes ago, Vashezzo said:

Is this a new policy? I don't see anything forbidding links in the website ToS. It even has multiple sections describing outside content. ("Third-party content may appear on VisaJourney Websites and Services or may be accessible via links from VisaJourney."; "The VisaJourney Websites and Services contain links to third party web sites that are maintained by others. ")

Not a new policy. Has been in place since I joined in 2017. Not always enforced as people don’t report links when they see them. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.