JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Snaaacks said:

What phone number do I call to make this inquiry?… still haven’t gotten a case number :(

thanks for the help 

The phone lines ave been suspended months ago. You can contact them using through NVCResearch@state.gov if your case isn't at NVC yet, or through the public inquiry form here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Timeline
10 hours ago, Tere2022 said:

Haha I do believe. And I did put in the initial application.

I got the case number last week through inquiry and saw it being Ready since last week. So I am just wondering out loud from where and when we will hear next.

seems like my embassy wants people to wait 15 days before we can inquire so I will wait patiently a little bit more…

I feel you, it really is annoying. My embassy normally replies super quickly, but it has been one week now since it got to a ready status ... and still no instruction email ...

1 hour ago, AnnaDT said:

The phone lines ave been suspended months ago. You can contact them using through NVCResearch@state.gov if your case isn't at NVC yet, or through the public inquiry form here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Thanks…but  that public inquiry form asks for a case number - and I don’t even have a case number yet. They said my data has not yet been entered. So do I just sit on my hands at this point and wait for them to email me and/or send the welcome letter?

thanks again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Snaaacks said:

Thanks…but  that public inquiry form asks for a case number - and I don’t even have a case number yet. They said my data has not yet been entered. So do I just sit on my hands at this point and wait for them to email me and/or send the welcome letter?

thanks again!

You do not need a case number for public inquiries, they ask for your receipt number, that is your WAC number from USCIS.

You also won’t get a welcome letter. You will get an email (if you’re the petitioner) when the case has been shipped to your embassy that resembles a letter, this email is called K1-FTP.

If you get a case number from inquiry, then you can track it on CEAC so you won’t need to keep waiting for this email/you will know when you case got created and what is the status of it before the email.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

15 hours ago, AnnaDT said:

They should come back to you by the end of the week, hopefully!

This is what I said in the email:

"Hello, I am inquiring to know our correct case number for our approved I-129F petition. NVC confirmed our petition was received on 06/29/2023.

To assist you in locating my application, please find the following details: Petitioner's Full Name: ......... Petitioner's Date of Birth: ........... Beneficiary's Full Name: ............ Beneficiary's Date of Birth: ............ Receipt Number: WAC...... I kindly request the correct case number assigned by the National Visa Centre."

I also attached our NOA2 and the email received on 6/29

thanks for sharing !!!

so far no email 

i'm going to tell my finance to copy your example 

thanks.

2 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

You do not need a case number for public inquiries, they ask for your receipt number, that is your WAC number from USCIS.

You also won’t get a welcome letter. You will get an email (if you’re the petitioner) when the case has been shipped to your embassy that resembles a letter, this email is called K1-FTP.

If you get a case number from inquiry, then you can track it on CEAC so you won’t need to keep waiting for this email/you will know when you case got created and what is the status of it before the email.

Thanks so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Haha perfect! I've been discussing that in another channel and the whole thing really isn't well-thought at all. The petitioner's email on the I-129F is an optional thing, but if you don't include it, guess you miss all of that or maybe they will send you snail mail?! And all info I get from my embassy says they will email the beneficiary the packet 3 but how would they know my email? If it's from DS-160, they expect me to fill it beforehand with no information at all from them first. It's nuts.

I'm sorry your embassy makes you wait. I'd say you can fill DS-160 for sure (you can so it with WAC number so doesn't even need to be shipped yet). Not going ahead and scheduling interviews is embassy-dependent, unfortunately. I'd see what other people from Tokyo are doing, my embassy tells we gotta wait for the P3 to schedule the interview and that is not true, or else we'd be waiting 2 more weeks too.

In DS-160 there is a section to put your main email where the embassy will contact you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ennis_b said:

thanks for sharing !!!

so far no email 

i'm going to tell my finance to copy your example 

thanks.

Fingers crossed you'll hear something this week or receive the email once it's shipped!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Darko-Emily said:

In DS-160 there is a section to put your main email where the embassy will contact you. 

I also believe they get the email from DS-160.

But think about it... how would you know you need to fill DS-160 before the embassy sends you the packet 3 that tell you the instructions on how to proceed, instructions that start with "fill DS-160"?

Most embassies have a terrible website that do not explain anything and take you to travel.state.gov's page that is also a bit confusing and doesn't tell you to fill DS-160 as soon as your case reaches the embassy (not in a clearer way, anyway). That can be so confusing for people without any other source of information like we have here and in other channels. They would need to personally contact the embassy to find out and not all embassies are easy to contact. On top of that, all CEAC/NVC messages are also targeted to immigrant visas. 

Anyway, they just assume you will research outside sources, which is not ideal in a process. It's either a fail or I am missing something.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I agree. The embassy should get our emails from NVC and then contact us BUT here at least, they require us to fill in DS-160 so they can send us a PACKET 3. It's literally on the embassy's website but it is very hard to find. It took me some time until I could find a lot of information about our embassy. 

Lets face it Sarah, this was never going to be easy, we all knew it from the start. There are no clear instructions anywhere and if not for the experiences of other people we wouldn't be able to finish everything properly. It was this forum, YouTube and a couple of other websites that helped us prepare initial I-129 packet and then everything else. 

Right know I am waiting on the embassy to process DS-160 and contact me. They should reach out in a couple of days, hopefully. I am almost done with our documents. If anybody has a question, feel free to post them here so everybody can see. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Darko-Emily said:

Lets face it Sarah, this was never going to be easy, we all knew it from the start.

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

Hate to say you are right. Nothing is ever easy! hahaha
Well, glad we have other resources and can figure out by ourselves/learning with prior approved filers and past experiences. Or else I'd be even more lost.

Hope your embassy reaches out soon! 

NOA1:

Timeline
2 hours ago, Darko-Emily said:

I agree. The embassy should get our emails from NVC and then contact us BUT here at least, they require us to fill in DS-160 so they can send us a PACKET 3. It's literally on the embassy's website but it is very hard to find. It took me some time until I could find a lot of information about our embassy. 

Lets face it Sarah, this was never going to be easy, we all knew it from the start. There are no clear instructions anywhere and if not for the experiences of other people we wouldn't be able to finish everything properly. It was this forum, YouTube and a couple of other websites that helped us prepare initial I-129 packet and then everything else. 

Right know I am waiting on the embassy to process DS-160 and contact me. They should reach out in a couple of days, hopefully. I am almost done with our documents. If anybody has a question, feel free to post them here so everybody can see. 

I totally agree with you, it's all very complicated.

Also waiting for the embassy email, they say they don't have my physical file yet, while it was sent by NVC on 1 August ... ready since 2 August. 

Really nerve wracking ... do they have a drop box they empty once in a while or something? lol

Visa Interview scheduled for 21 Sept (with "AT NVC" and now US Embassy Packet)

*I think you can only do this with Manila, PH Embassy.

Just wanted to let you know. Slots going fast for this Embassy.

Thanks to everyone for posting information about your process. It was very helpful.

Hang in there. Don't stop. Be loving and patient during the LDR.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does anyone know what the cut off day is to make next weeks shipping round? Using the Julian calendar, it appears our case was created on August 8th. Thanks for any information! 

Finally , i receive the Case number after 81 days , thanks god!

the correct case number is .....

you will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy / Consulate General 

Unquote

what should i do next ?

Only waiting the status be shown ready on CEAC ? 

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.