JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, vinrup said:

Uploaded the packet 4 checklist, removed the top and bottom portions (personal information like fiancé name, address, case number, birthday, and A #)

If you are in India also, Do not attend the medical without this paper, they will request it 

My fiancé has her interview in Mumbai, India on the 15th of September

Packet 4.JPG

Thank you for sharing this!

Good luck for the interview!!

2 hours ago, vinrup said:

Uploaded the packet 4 checklist, removed the top and bottom portions (personal information like fiancé name, address, case number, birthday, and A #)

If you are in India also, Do not attend the medical without this paper, they will request it 

Packet 4.JPG

How long does it take them to send you packet 4 after your case arrives at the embassy? Thank you and wish you the best 🎉.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 hours ago, vinrup said:

Packet 4.JPG

does anybody know if this is the same for thailand...?

Hi, I need some help with the i-134 form, specifically part 2. Item#13. 

My fiancé has a kid( not coming with him to the US),  do I have to list him? I've watched videos and Googleed it, but can't find anyone with a similar case. 

Thank u

Timeline
7 hours ago, zebps3 said:

We finally got our number from the NVC!  From what I understand we should now be able to schedule an interview here in Manila.  I am sorry if this has been asked before but can someone point me in the right direction for scheduling the K1 visa interview and medical?

See https://www.ustraveldocs.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnnaDT said:

Hello everyone, just wanted to give a quick update!

I had my medical and interview this week and got approved.

Medical: 09/04

Interview:09/05

CEAC status:

-Application Received:09/05

-Approved: 09/06

-Issued: 09/07

VOH: 09/08

Will be leaving next month to finally be with my fiancé🎉

I can't you guys enough for the support and infos, I wish you all the best of luck and to be with our loved ones once and for all😊

congrats

On 8/25/2023 at 8:57 AM, HGill43 said:

I did not wait for the welcome letter from embassey, only max mohali and max mumbai ask for it to set up a medical appointment, so I scheduled at max Delhi and they did not ask for any welcome letter just FTP letter copy and appointment letter copy, I had scheduled interview myself after I recevied FTP letter. although I also received welcome letter 3 days before interview but no one asked for it at interview, I hope that helps, good luck to you,,

To clarify: Are you saying the only city we can get a medical exam in is  Delhi because they don’t send a letter?

Timeline
8 hours ago, Aesop23 said:

Does the letter needed for medical/interview come to petitioner or beneficiary? Do we need ds160 with mailing address in ceac ?before they send?

have asked and can’t get a straight answer

I know it’s messy since the medical panel sites in India seem to have different requirements for scheduling the medical appointment. 
At a minimum, you will need the following:

- DS-160 confirmation page

- receipt of having paid fees for interview 

- doc confirming interview at consulate

- passport and photos

- email from NVC stating that your case is forwarded to Embassy. Also referred to as FTP letter. 

For us, Mumbai is convenient for my fiancée for the medical exam. However, ReleClinic in Mumbai wants the letter from consulate (also called as P4 packet) that is sent to your fiancée in India. Having looked at others’ experiences in these forums, it’s is taking 3-4 weeks to receive this letter. For us, it’s too long of a wait. So we called ReleClinic and got lucky as we were told that the NVC email will suffice. Yes, it’s contradictory to what their website says, but, it’s a chance we are going to take. 

Additionally, I see no reason why the consulate letter is needed. The US websites clearly say that a medical exam is needed for K1. Plus, every relevant detail in P4 is already present in the docs I mentioned above. 

Don’t hesitate to call the different clinics and see what works for you.

Hope this helps.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, pc09 said:

I know it’s messy since the medical panel sites in India seem to have different requirements for scheduling the medical appointment. 

- passport and photos

- email from NVC stating that your case is forwarded to Embassy. Also referred to as FTP letter. 

For us, Mumbai is convenient for my fiancée for the medical exam. However, ReleClinic in Mumbai wants the letter from consulate (also called as P4 packet) that is sent to your fiancée in India. Having looked at others’ experiences in these forums, it’s is taking 3-4 weeks to receive this letter. For us, it’s too long of a wait. So we called ReleClinic and got lucky as we were told that the NVC email will suffice. Yes, it’s contradictory to what their website says, but, it’s a chance we are going to take. 

Additionally, I see no reason why the consulate letter is needed. The US websites clearly say that a medical exam is needed for K1. Plus, every relevant detail in P4 is already present in the docs I mentioned above. 

Hope this helps.

See this for an example of what the embassy sends to your fiancée, also called as a P4 packet. 

There’s nothing in that P4 that you won’t have thru the list of docs I have shared. 
We went the confident and assertive route when talking with ReleClinic on phone and got told that P4 is not needed. We will see how that works for us when we do schedule the medical exam and show up for the exam.  Keeping fingers crossed.

If you choose to go with ReleClinic without P4, then I’d advise you to talk to them first before and after scheduling your appointment. 
Yes, it’s messy but it is what it is. 

13 hours ago, pc09 said:

- passport and photos

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. Godsent. May all the best be your’s in the coming months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.