JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Got our case number today through public inquiry. 

NOA 1 - May 11 2023

NVC inquiry saying received - July 5 2023

Case Number - August 8 2023

Using the Julian Calendar dates, it appears our case was just created today, August 8th. 

Very slow process to say the least. Here’s to hoping we get shipped next week! 

I think things are slowing down even more at the NVC, at least for inquiries. Earlier in the process I was hearing back in 3-4 days. Now a solid 7-8. 

It appears currently about 90 days NOA1 until Case number available. 

Good luck everyone! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

8 hours ago, Ennis_b said:

My finance did the inquiry on 6th Aug , i hope they can send him an email tomorrow 

you are so lucky 

what did you usually say in the email ?

They should come back to you by the end of the week, hopefully!

This is what I said in the email:

"Hello, I am inquiring to know our correct case number for our approved I-129F petition. NVC confirmed our petition was received on 06/29/2023.

To assist you in locating my application, please find the following details: Petitioner's Full Name: ......... Petitioner's Date of Birth: ........... Beneficiary's Full Name: ............ Beneficiary's Date of Birth: ............ Receipt Number: WAC...... I kindly request the correct case number assigned by the National Visa Centre."

I also attached our NOA2 and the email received on 6/29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tere2022 said:

For those that say embassy/consulate will email after they get the info from NVC, how would they know my partner’s email address (I am the petitioner)? I don’t believe that was in the initial application…? 🤔

It's the petitioner's email on the I-129F. Believe me, we are not deceiving you here when we say NVC will send an email to the petitioner when the case is shipped to the embassy... they will. Check your I-129F to see if you have the email there.

7 hours ago, Michael&Miguel said:

Got our case number today through public inquiry. 

NOA 1 - May 11 2023

NVC inquiry saying received - July 5 2023

Case Number - August 8 2023

Using the Julian Calendar dates, it appears our case was just created today, August 8th. 

Congratulations!

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
10 hours ago, WestHighlander said:

Yes, my fiancee sent another inquiry off yesterday morning after we passed the 90-day mark. Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.. Some people I've been speaking to tonight in the UK K1 Visa Facebook group are reporting waits of nearly 120 days, so I'm resigned to another 3 - 4 weeks before we hear anything. Anything earlier will be a bonus!

When did you get the received email? I am seeing a case number being given at around 3-4 weeks after it. I am pretty sure you will make the shipment next week with all of us! Fingers crossed. Hoping this is not a UK issue to be fair :((

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

13 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

It's the petitioner's email on the I-129F. Believe me, we are not deceiving you here when we say NVC will send an email to the petitioner when the case is shipped to the embassy... they will. Check your I-129F to see if you have the email there.

Congratulations!

Haha I do believe. And I did put in the initial application.

I got the case number last week through inquiry and saw it being Ready since last week. So I am just wondering out loud from where and when we will hear next.

seems like my embassy wants people to wait 15 days before we can inquire so I will wait patiently a little bit more…

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tere2022 said:

Haha I do believe. And I did put in the initial application.

I got the case number last week through inquiry and saw it being Ready since last week. So I am just wondering out loud from where and when we will hear next.

seems like my embassy wants people to wait 15 days before we can inquire so I will wait patiently a little bit more…

Haha perfect! I've been discussing that in another channel and the whole thing really isn't well-thought at all. The petitioner's email on the I-129F is an optional thing, but if you don't include it, guess you miss all of that or maybe they will send you snail mail?! And all info I get from my embassy says they will email the beneficiary the packet 3 but how would they know my email? If it's from DS-160, they expect me to fill it beforehand with no information at all from them first. It's nuts.

I'm sorry your embassy makes you wait. I'd say you can fill DS-160 for sure (you can so it with WAC number so doesn't even need to be shipped yet). Not going ahead and scheduling interviews is embassy-dependent, unfortunately. I'd see what other people from Tokyo are doing, my embassy tells we gotta wait for the P3 to schedule the interview and that is not true, or else we'd be waiting 2 more weeks too.

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

When did you get the received email? I am seeing a case number being given at around 3-4 weeks after it. I am pretty sure you will make the shipment next week with all of us! Fingers crossed. Hoping this is not a UK issue to be fair :((

It's been over a month since our first public inquiry, and that's when we got the "awaiting data entry" reply. The second one (two weeks later) said the same thing, and they haven't replied at all to the one we sent after that. Fingers crossed that we're all in the same shipment and get updates next week..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, WestHighlander said:

It's been over a month since our first public inquiry, and that's when we got the "awaiting data entry" reply. The second one (two weeks later) said the same thing, and they haven't replied at all to the one we sent after that. Fingers crossed that we're all in the same shipment and get updates next week..

Wishing you the best, once mine was shipped to London it arrived very fast so hopefully you shouldn't have to wait much longer once it does ship.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Haha perfect! I've been discussing that in another channel and the whole thing really isn't well-thought at all. The petitioner's email on the I-129F is an optional thing, but if you don't include it, guess you miss all of that or maybe they will send you snail mail?! And all info I get from my embassy says they will email the beneficiary the packet 3 but how would they know my email? If it's from DS-160, they expect me to fill it beforehand with no information at all from them first. It's nuts.

I'm sorry your embassy makes you wait. I'd say you can fill DS-160 for sure (you can so it with WAC number so doesn't even need to be shipped yet). Not going ahead and scheduling interviews is embassy-dependent, unfortunately. I'd see what other people from Tokyo are doing, my embassy tells we gotta wait for the P3 to schedule the interview and that is not true, or else we'd be waiting 2 more weeks too.

My case has been ready since 2 August and arrived at the embassy on Friday. No email yet, I read that some people never get it, and I fear the worst with the Summer holidays .... I just emailed the embassy. There is about one appointment day per month in Paris and already booked mine for end of September, because my wedding is end of October. Hopefully I will get the instruction email before the medical on 11 September ...

On 8/8/2023 at 6:04 AM, AnnaDT said:

After 83 days from our NOA2, today my fiancé received our case number through inquiry. I couldn't be happier, hopefully we will make it for the next shipment dates 🤞

What phone number do I call to make this inquiry?… still haven’t gotten a case number :(

thanks for the help 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.