JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, yibkeith said:

Emailed NVCResearch yesterday, they notified me today that they received my case. Yay, one step closer! NOA2, 26 May

Congrats!

Timeline

No
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent : 2021-10-20
I-129F NOA1 : 2021-10-25
I-129F RFE(s) : 2023-02-01,2023-03-24
RFE Reply(s) : 2023-03-07,2023-04-21
I-129F NOA2 : 2023-05-26

just want to share this filer. nvc received was July 11,  but noa2 was May 26. noa1 was back in Oct 2021. I wonder if they felt sorry for him that is why they processed him before us. I think this is the reason why case creation is not consistent.  

31 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

No
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent : 2021-10-20
I-129F NOA1 : 2021-10-25
I-129F RFE(s) : 2023-02-01,2023-03-24
RFE Reply(s) : 2023-03-07,2023-04-21
I-129F NOA2 : 2023-05-26

just want to share this filer. nvc received was July 11,  but noa2 was May 26. noa1 was back in Oct 2021. I wonder if they felt sorry for him that is why they processed him before us. I think this is the reason why case creation is not consistent.  

I thought after the NOA2, the wait time is country dependent 🤔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Mr.So said:

I thought after the NOA2, the wait time is country dependent 🤔

My opinion is that the USCIS -> NVC part really isn't embassy dependant. Case creation at NVC doesn't seem either. I thought if something was to be embassy dependant, it had to be the shipping part to embassy/case going from "at NVC" to "in transit" to "ready". It's hard to track with so many embassies involved, but looking closely at cases in my embassy, doesn't seem so either. I have two cases in my embassy that I know that got their NOA2s late march... one is still waiting for a case number, another got the case number in less than 90 days and already has the interview scheduled.

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

46 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

My opinion is that the USCIS -> NVC part really isn't embassy dependant. Case creation at NVC doesn't seem either. I thought if something was to be embassy dependant, it had to be the shipping part to embassy/case going from "at NVC" to "in transit" to "ready". It's hard to track with so many embassies involved, but looking closely at cases in my embassy, doesn't seem so either. I have two cases in my embassy that I know that got their NOA2s late march... one is still waiting for a case number, another got the case number in less than 90 days and already has the interview scheduled.

Oh wow, two cases going to the same embassy, one moved faster then the other. It's a mystery of how the USCIS and the NVC work on cases. I guess its all luck at this point.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well im May 11 2022 NOA1 an im still waiting for my NOA2.. im posting here now an being optimistic for my NOA2 will soon to be here.. 

Timeline

Hello fellow petitioners. I just got word that the CFO (Philippines) has been on occasion requesting documentation proving the petitioner isn't married and can legally marry.  I'm researching this now to officially verify it but was wondering if anyone else has heard this?

Edited by Shane-Debby

2 hours ago, Shane-Debby said:

Hello fellow petitioners. I just got word that the CFO (Philippines) has been on occasion requesting documentation proving the petitioner isn't married and can legally marry.  I'm researching this now to officially verify it but was wondering if anyone else has heard this?

Still researching this. But heres what I found. 

according to rapid visa:

Requirements for Registration

• Original and Photocopy of Passport (biographic page with information and photo);
  • Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate (From NSO or CTC from Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO)
  • Original and Photocopy of Visa, if applicable
  • Original and Photocopy of Marriage Contract, if married (From NSO or CTC from Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO)
  • Photocopy of Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
  • Photocopy of proof of termination of any prior marriage(s) (court certified copies of divorce decrees, annulments or registrar certified copies of death certificates), if applicable.
  • Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
  • Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
  • Payment of the authorized registration fee.

Required Documents from U.S. Citizen (U.S. citizen does not attend)

• Photocopy Passport (biographic page with information and photo)
  • Photocopy of Birth Certificate
  • Proof of termination of any prior marriage(s) (court certified copies of divorce decrees, annulments or registrar certified copies of death certificates), if applicable.
  • Photocopy of Affidavit in Lieu of Certificate of Capacity to Marry (from U.S. Embassy), if married in the Philippines.

https://rapidvisa.com/country-info/philippines/cfo-seminar-philippines/

https://pinayschengenvisa.com/how-to-register-request-for-cfo-counseling-program-certificate-for-filipinos-with-foreign-partners/

Timeline
1 hour ago, Darko-Emily said:

77days since NO2 date, no case number. We were just told that the petition is waiting entry into the system...

You're almost there. average time from noa2 date is approx. 90 days.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Shane-Debby said:

have your  fiancee create  an account at cfo website. go to Philippines section and post your questions there. your question is  country specific. lots of veterans who can help you there

Timeline
1 minute ago, GinoNiña said:

have your  fiancee create  an account at cfo website. go to Philippines section and post your questions there. your question is  country specific. lots of veterans who can help you there

I sent them an email. If all else fails then ill have her call them. I found some very recent youtube vids that mention the required docs needed too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.