JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, yibkeith said:

That was a mess! It was about my criminal record. I Had a misdemeanor trespassing conviction back in college in 1992. The police department and the court don’t keep records of minor offenses that old, and I had the case expunged years ago. My expungement paperwork showing what it was and that it was cleared wasn’t enough. They wanted a notarized statement from me about the incident, and certified records from the police and court that no records exist. They RFE’d me twice. I ended up driving halfway across the country to go to the court in person to beg them to give me something to satisfy USCIS.

wow! Im glad you got it worked out. The things we do for love :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, GinoNiña said:

I dont know how accurate  this website is...but  are we  still lucky? 

https://visawhen.com/nvc

Good to see the downward trend at least 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys!

so a couple things for you all :)

- police reports take about 6 weeks to obtain so it might be worth reaching out now so that we don't need to wait on these once packet 3 comes

- make sure you ask for the correct report and mention that you need it for the K1 visa

- for the question on the ds-160 about crossing the border, you can reach out to the border closest to you and they can get you a report of this

- the timeline for this part of the process is starting to pick up so we might be the lucky ones to get through this quicker!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
51 minutes ago, 0508 said:

hey guys!

- police reports take about 6 weeks to obtain so it might be worth reaching out now so that we don't need to wait on these once packet 3 comes

- make sure you ask for the correct report and mention that you need it for the K1 visa

- for the question on the ds-160 about crossing the border, you can reach out to the border closest to you and they can get you a report of this

- the timeline for this part of the process is starting to pick up so we might be the lucky ones to get through this quicker!

First 3 are specific to Canada, I assume? My Canadian police report took about 6 weeks too, and yep, specific to immigration, entire repository, etc?
I'm hoping it does speed up, most of the approved in March that I know still didn't get their case numbers, and the April ones are just now receiving positive signs that their petition reached NVC :( 

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

First 3 are specific to Canada, I assume? My Canadian police report took about 6 weeks too, and yep, specific to immigration, entire repository, etc?
I'm hoping it does speed up, most of the approved in March that I know still didn't get their case numbers, and the April ones are just now receiving positive signs that their petition reached NVC :( 

oh sorry yes, for canadians! but i assume it's probably similar for other countries. i do know someone from aussie that's waiting for her police report as well but it might be quicker for some other countries :) and it might not hurt for everyone to start getting these in case if some countries are same timeline or longer.
my lawyer told me that just literally in the last few days it's started to come really make up time so hopefully it means they'll go thru april quickly and get to us!

1 hour ago, 0508 said:

hey guys!

if me and my fiancee visited another country together, what documents do I need for ds-160? Many thanks

Edited by Mr.So

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, 0508 said:

oh sorry yes, for canadians! but i assume it's probably similar for other countries. i do know someone from aussie that's waiting for her police report as well but it might be quicker for some other countries :) and it might not hurt for everyone to start getting these in case if some countries are same timeline or longer.
my lawyer told me that just literally in the last few days it's started to come really make up time so hopefully it means they'll go thru april quickly and get to us!

Oh, definitely a good advice. It does depend on the country, the Canadian one was so hard for me to get from abroad so I decided to get it while I was there last year. UK one took about a month and a half for me to get too but I did it before the cyber attack, I guess it's taking more time. But then, my Brazilian one... All I needed was to go to the federal police website and get a PDF, instantly! haha it does depend, but good to have it done early. Also good to see how long does the embassy considers them valid, it varies.

Nice! I'm just a month in, but I'm hoping I hear something by the end of July. Fingers crossed for us all!

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
2 hours ago, 0508 said:

hey guys!

what's the question for crossing border? my fiancé never came to US and i always travel to visit her, that means she doesn't need that information, correct? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Saeid said:

what's the question for crossing border? my fiancé never came to US and i always travel to visit her, that means she doesn't need that information, correct? 

basically for the person applying for the visa, you have to put every time you crossed the US border and for how long. but you shouldn't need to worry if she's never come i don't think😊

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr.So said:

if me and my fiancee visited another country together, what documents do I need for ds-160? Many thanks

if it's a different country, i don't think you need to worry but someone else can maybe confirm!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Oh, definitely a good advice. It does depend on the country, the Canadian one was so hard for me to get from abroad so I decided to get it while I was there last year. UK one took about a month and a half for me to get too but I did it before the cyber attack, I guess it's taking more time. But then, my Brazilian one... All I needed was to go to the federal police website and get a PDF, instantly! haha it does depend, but good to have it done early. Also good to see how long does the embassy considers them valid, it varies.

Nice! I'm just a month in, but I'm hoping I hear something by the end of July. Fingers crossed for us all!

oh wow haha! the least they could do it mainstream it for us😄i believe the reports are valid for 6 months but again that might just be for canada.

here's hoping! i would love to see everyone here moved forward quickly☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, 0508 said:

UK one took about a month and a half for me to get too but I did it before the cyber attack, I guess it's taking more time.

For anyone needing a UK ACRO, the processing times are not too bad at the moment. I sent my application off a couple of days after our petition got approved on May 10th, and I had the certificate in my hand by June 1st. Mine was pretty simple for them to do, admittedly, because I have no record at all, so some applications may take a bit longer. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

In France, you can just download your criminal record online in 3 minutes.

Valid for 3 months. I guess I am lucky lol.

Timeline
21 hours ago, yibkeith said:

That was a mess! It was about my criminal record. I Had a misdemeanor trespassing conviction back in college in 1992. The police department and the court don’t keep records of minor offenses that old, and I had the case expunged years ago. My expungement paperwork showing what it was and that it was cleared wasn’t enough. They wanted a notarized statement from me about the incident, and certified records from the police and court that no records exist. They RFE’d me twice. I ended up driving halfway across the country to go to the court in person to beg them to give me something to satisfy USCIS.

those  nazis I cant believe they went back 30 years. oh well I least its all over now for the longest part of the process. 

thanks for letting us know. good luck!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.