igoyougoduke

How to file a Mandamus in Federal Court

45 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2023 at 6:53 AM, Robbernosky said:

My spouse is preparing this paperwork for me, the immigrant. Should they be added as a plaintiff or just me?

who ever is the applicant and has pending petition with USCIS should file the case 

duh

• 2 months later...

What do you think about filing a Mandamus suit because the wait for an interview is too long?

My wife's embassy has become a disaster over the past year and doesn't seem to be interviewing anybody for CR1/IR1 visas. Any time someone messages them, they just lie to them and say that there is no backlog and NVC is simply not sending them cases (NVC says the embassy isn't requesting cases).

3 minutes ago, Willie_Overall said:

What do you think about filing a Mandamus suit because the wait for an interview is too long?

My wife's embassy has become a disaster over the past year and doesn't seem to be interviewing anybody for CR1/IR1 visas. Any time someone messages them, they just lie to them and say that there is no backlog and NVC is simply not sending them cases (NVC says the embassy isn't requesting cases).

What is your case timelines ?

duh

51 minutes ago, Willie_Overall said:

If nobody gets interviewed, then WoM won't help. It usually helps if one's case is delayed compared to everybody else.

13 minutes ago, Willie_Overall said:

I could think of a few scenarios where we could make that happen, yes.

Is switching embassies an easy process? How would we go about doing that?

Thanks for the advice!

No it's not an easy process, but seems like you don't have many options.

2 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

what country ? you need to provide details why they are not interviewing. 

Philippines.

I have no idea why they aren't interviewing, it's a big issue for a lot of people. They don't seem to have sent out interview letters since June (and that seemed to have happened due to pressure from a congressman). That congressman was told that there was a glitch where NVC doesn't send Manila documents and Manila doesn't request them. This supposed glitch was supposed to be fixed by this year, but here we are.

Whenever people email the embassy, they respond with a canned response, stating they are up to date and there is no backlog.

It's not clear what's going on since they ran mostly normally until early 2023.

3 hours ago, Willie_Overall said:

Philippines.

I have no idea why they aren't interviewing, it's a big issue for a lot of people. They don't seem to have sent out interview letters since June (and that seemed to have happened due to pressure from a congressman). That congressman was told that there was a glitch where NVC doesn't send Manila documents and Manila doesn't request them. This supposed glitch was supposed to be fixed by this year, but here we are.

Whenever people email the embassy, they respond with a canned response, stating they are up to date and there is no backlog.

It's not clear what's going on since they ran mostly normally until early 2023.

if the consulate is not interview, i dont see a WOM value. if you file is being punted by NVC and consulate and delaying your case, i see value in filing WOM. 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.