Michaeld11111

Fiance Visa Expiring. Filed all other paperwork

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

Thank you for your guidance, as always.

I brought my wife to US with a fiance visa in February. Got married 2 weeks later and filed all paperwork ((I-486, I-864, I-765 and I-131).

USCIS needed additional proof of assets for financial support. I sent the documents  on April 12th, and on April 13th got a notice that the case was being reviewed again.

Meanwhile, do I need to do anything else as far as the expiration of her visa (on May 3rd) is concerned, or just want till we hear back from them?

Thank you in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Michaeld11111 said:

Hello everyone. 

Thank you for your guidance, as always.

I brought my wife to US with a fiance visa in February. Got married 2 weeks later and filed all paperwork ((I-486, I-864, I-765 and I-131).

USCIS needed additional proof of assets for financial support. I sent the documents  on April 12th, and on April 13th got a notice that the case was being reviewed again.

Meanwhile, do I need to do anything else as far as the expiration of her visa (on May 3rd) is concerned, or just want till we hear back from them?

Thank you in advance.

The expiry date on the K1 visa is immaterial now. The visa is a one use only document and is used in entry. Having filed for AOS.. and responding as required with and RFE, she remains in a period of authorized stay until the process has been completed 

Your only task beyond that is to enjoy life together.. oh and begin gathering documents for the next stage .. Removal of Conditions.. that will be done 2 years after getting through AOS. These documents give evidence of your shared life over the next few years 

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Michaeld11111 said:

Thank you in advance.

The NOA1 receipt for the I-485 is your wife's proof of authorized stay.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

If you didn't get her an SSN, do it now, before the visa expires. 

Its too late for SSN application now .. needs to be done with at least 14 days remaining on the 90 day stay .. and practically it should be done as soon as the fiance enters the US to give as much time as possible for the process to be completed 

1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

Its too late for SSN application now .. needs to be done with at least 14 days remaining on the 90 day stay .. and practically it should be done as soon as the fiance enters the US to give as much time as possible for the process to be completed 

You're right.

Didn't pay attention to the exact expiration date. 

And honestly I'm not even paying attention to which date I'm in. 😅

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

11 hours ago, Michaeld11111 said:

Thank you.

We already got the SS card. I appreciate the information. 

You are on the ball, nice job so far, keep it up and you'll be fine!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.