13 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, ouma22 said:

I would like to file for a student visa (F1) to further my studies. What do I need to make sure that my Visa request gets accepted? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Get accepted to an accredited college or university.   You need to show evidence of having enough money to pay the tuition.

You need to have strong ties to your home country, because F-1 is a non-immigrant visa.   If it appears that you’d like to try to stay in the US, you won’t get the visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

1 20 from a University

Los of money to pay for your tuition and living expenses.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why did u choose state of Illinois?

university there or a USC or family?

u do have to return to Moroc after F1 expires or u quit college  / it is not an immigrant visa

1st step is to apply to a college,  get accepted ,  get the I 20,, pay the enrollment fee to hold your place at the college, then apply  for the visa

What is the average tuition fee for international students in the US?

International students studying in the United States can tentatively expect a cost of between $25,000 and $45,000 per year tuition and living expenses

and that is not the ivy league colleges

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Get accepted to an accredited college or university.   You need to show evidence of having enough money to pay the tuition.

You need to have strong ties to your home country, because F-1 is a non-immigrant visa.   If it appears that you’d like to try to stay in the US, you won’t get the visa.

Is it possible to have a sponsor letter from a family friend?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Why did u choose state of Illinois?

university there or a USC or family?

u do have to return to Moroc after F1 expires or u quit college  / it is not an immigrant visa

1st step is to apply to a college,  get accepted ,  get the I 20,, pay the enrollment fee to hold your place at the college, then apply  for the visa

What is the average tuition fee for international students in the US?

International students studying in the United States can tentatively expect a cost of between $25,000 and $45,000 per year tuition and living expenses

and that is not the ivy league colleges

Do I have to pay the tuition myself or it's possible for me to have a family friend as a sponsor?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you have a very generous friend that could work

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

First, apply to a college/ university and get accepted. 
Then, you’d need to show strong ties to your home country, such as property on your name, a job, etc etc.

Family or friends “sponsoring” you from the US does exactly the opposite.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment

•  
  • You must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study
  • You must maintain a residence abroad which you have no intention of giving up.

The rules say "YOU MUST"

it would be difficult to prove family or friend here in US would pay especially if the friend is gf or bf

Did you see the cost?

even $25,000 (the lowest)  would be $50,000 out of pocket for 2 year AS  degree and $100,000 for 4 year BS degree 

Most of us get student loans, grants and scholarships to pay as we don't have or would not want to take from savings to pay tuition

Read thru and i mean really read thru the following to see if possible to get international student aid thru NAFSA

https://www.nafsa.org/about/about-international-education/financial-aid-undergraduate-international-students

And remember,  this is a nonimmigrant visa/  u have to show  very strong ties like owning property in Moroc to prove u will return at expiration of the F1

Good luck in the research of the above 2 sites /allah yekbel

Timeline

I asked why Illinois is your choice

if u have a USC bf/gr there to go ,  the F1 would not be granted

make sure if u apply for college ,  it is for college alone by knowing the college's major degrees and knowing it specializes it what u want to study

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

you can try a Community college, tuition is usually cheaper than a regular college.

You have to show your own or your dad's wealth to be able to sponsor you as an international student in the US. I say wealth because it is very expensive (tuition, cost of living, room & board, and medical insurance).

You can't rely on friends or not immediate family members to sponsor you.

And most of all, you have to show strong ties to your home country, and justify why you chose the US to further your studies. Morocco has a lot of good schools also (they don't compare to the US, but, you will have to convince the CO why you picked the US)

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.