TheAkazs

Airport transit visa needed or no?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im asking for the confirmation from people who had the experience of traveling/airport connection since my husband is really stressed over it.

I've read through forums and France visa website yet my husband still doesn't believe me. LOL

We are going to visit Morocco again since 2020. Our flight itinerary shows a long layover in France. My husband is worried that if he doesn't have a Schengen or airport  transit visa, he will be denied at the flight. SMH

I also wanted to stay at the hotel inside the airport until it's time to board the flight to Morocco. My husband said it's not doable with him being LPR.

I can't remember how it went last time at the airport but it was during the emergency flight back in Morocco to London in 2020.

Anyone care to reassure my husband? 

I read that LPR do not need an airport transit visa, if I'm not mistaken?

A visa is not needed JUST IF you both fly directly to Morocco and your husband remains in the international zone of the French airport. If you have to change airport or leave the international zone, he must apply for a short-stay visa.

And you are mistaken: it has literally NOTHING to do with him being an LPR.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, TheAkazs said:

Anyone care to reassure my husband? 

Iatatravelcentre.com uses data the same data  most airlines use. Your husband should enter his data and see what it says.

For some combinations of  citizenships, transit airports, dates of travel, final destinations, lengths of transits, airlines, etc a valid green card does waive the need for a transit visa. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Mike E said:

Iatatravelcentre.com uses data the same data  most airlines use. Your husband should enter his data and see what it says.

For some combinations of  citizenships, transit airports, dates of travel, final destinations, lengths of transits, airlines, etc a valid green card does waive the need for a transit visa. 

Thanks so much for this information. It is really HELPFUL!!!!!

Timeline

He can't leave the international area as he needs a visa to enter France

He will have to stay in the transit area all that time

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Some have run into this when buying online tickets

they have a ticket to France and then have to pick up a ticket there to Moroc

then there is a problem

u need to be able to get all boarding passes here in the US

otherwise u need to leave the security section to go to ticket counter and then it is suspect that a person could stay in France

and make sure the luggage is ticketed to final destination of Moroc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Some have run into this when buying online tickets

they have a ticket to France and then have to pick up a ticket there to Moroc

then there is a problem

u need to be able to get all boarding passes here in the US

otherwise u need to leave the security section to go to ticket counter and then it is suspect that a person could stay in France

and make sure the luggage is ticketed to final destination of Moroc

Good point.

HKG’s and FRA’s transit zone is designed for this. BKK’s not really, but I have had good luck talking my way through without a BP. KUL is really easy too, as long as you don’t have to go between international terminals.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Good point.

HKG’s and FRA’s transit zone is designed for this. BKK’s not really, but I have had good luck talking my way through without a BP. KUL is really easy too, as long as you don’t have to go between international terminals.

Yeah,  we had  a friend buy online for parents and the airport at Marachek would not let them board as their ticket was only to France  with intenerary to pick up US ticket at CDG

Edited by JeanneAdil

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks everybody for the tips!

We had no issue at the airport in France as long as we had the flight itinerary for the trip.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.