David&Glaiza

Oh I did it again!? Or did I?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now I really have a situation, or do i?  My Filipina fiance had passport photos taken at a Philippines "passport shop".  She sent me one and I attached it to the K-1 Fiance application and submitted it. Now in hindsight I looked at the photo again and realized that she was smiling and her teeth were exposed.  She has an appointment to get her Philippine Passport next week. The problem I have is as follows: 

1.) Should she go ahead and get her Philippine passport using the same photo I submitted to USCIS or should she go have a passport photo retaken by a photo shop that knows what the hell they are doing and use that photo?

2.) If USCIS rejects the passport photo that I already submitted to them and requests a new photo and she has gotten her PI passport with the smiling photo will there be an issue?  I know all photos are supposed to match up. 

3.) If the Philippine Passport accepts the smiling photo should she just go ahead and use that? Or should I have her go and get a new passport photo taken that meets the USCIS criteria?

4.) If she does use the smiling photo a gets the PI passport and USCIS later rejects the smiling passport photo will she need to go back and get an updated PI passport that with the new photo so it matches up with the new photo?

Sorry about the long story. Any questions or answers?

Mahalo, David

• Ontarkie changed the title to Oh I did it again!? Or did I?
Timeline
12 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Your profile states F-1 visa.  Did you mean to select K-1 visa?

That keeps changing itself.  I don't know why. Yes, it is a K-1 visa. Thanks for the heads up.

Mahalo, David

2 hours ago, David&Glaiza said:

I know all photos are supposed to match up.

Where is it written that the photo must match up?

The submited photo will only be in the petition file.

A passport is valid for 10 years and could have been issued years ago so it isn't even feasible to think they would all match up.  Photos are supposed to have been taken within the previous 30 days when submitted.

New photos will also be submitted to the consulate at the interview.

Timeline

I would get a new set of proper photos for the passport appointment, too late to worry about the ones you submitted with your application.  

I don't know or believe that there is a requirement for a submitted photo has to match up to the photo on the passport. If her passport was 6 years old they wouldn't ask you to submit a 6 year old photo  for her K1 application right? And besides,  at the end of the process when it comes time for her interview you will be having updated  photos taken  for the DS-160  and embassy interview as well. 

5 minutes ago, MarJhi said:

Why not? It's fairly cheap and if the OP is concerned then it's a cheap price to pay for the peace of mind. 

It is even cheaper to not pay for something that isn't needed..  Passport photos are included in the price of the passport and are taken at the DFA office during the passport appointment.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, IWander said:

It is even cheaper to not pay for something that isn't needed..  Passport photos are included in the price of the passport and are taken at the DFA office during the passport appointment.

Thanks for your input😁

On 3/17/2023 at 10:27 AM, David&Glaiza said:

1.) Should she go ahead and get her Philippine passport using the same photo I submitted to USCIS or should she go have a passport photo retaken by a photo shop that knows what the hell they are doing and use that photo?

Philippine passport photos are different size than US for one (just so you are aware) and you do not bring photos to DFA they take them there with their computer. Been there and done that. Trust me.

2.) If USCIS rejects the passport photo that I already submitted to them and requests a new photo and she has gotten her PI passport with the smiling photo will there be an issue?  I know all photos are supposed to match up.

Honestly I believe you are worrying about nothing.

3.) If the Philippine Passport accepts the smiling photo should she just go ahead and use that? Or should I have her go and get a new passport photo taken that meets the USCIS criteria?

Answered above

4.) If she does use the smiling photo a gets the PI passport and USCIS later rejects the smiling passport photo will she need to go back and get an updated PI passport that with the new photo so it matches up with the new photo?

Answered above.

Whatever made you think her passport and USCIS photos need to match?? If they have a problem with her smiling (I highly doubt that they will) they will request her to submit a new one. Once again...This is not a big deal...Relax

If you do need additional photos for any reason I recommend the chain called Photoline.  They are in most malls.  I have visited 3 locations and they all knew of country specific requirements for U.S., NZ and AU.  90 pesos for several 2X2 and 1X1.  Ready quickly.  If you wore the wrong shirt they will photoshop one in!

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.