JojoandTomas

MARCH 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

399 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, rileyroo said:

I didn't, I started inquiring after two weeks through the public form. It doesn't affect your case how many times you inquire so why not? 

Oops, guess I spoke too soon! I literally just got an email letting me know my case # and that it has been sent to my US Embassy in London! 

Wow! Congratulations!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

NVC sent my attorney and email with a letter attached. 

NVC has receive my petition from USCIS. We have our case# as of today. Per the letter, they will send the petition to the embassy and that process can take a few weeks.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, rileyroo said:

I didn't, I started inquiring after two weeks through the public form. It doesn't affect your case how many times you inquire so why not? 

Oops, guess I spoke too soon! I literally just got an email letting me know my case # and that it has been sent to my US Embassy in London! 

I just got an email too that my petition was sent to the embassy!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations to all the new NVC cases! looks like we are finally getting some progress. I'm suspecting most, if not all will have a case number over the next 2 weeks :dance:

I-1295F Sent - 12/31/2021

I-1295F NOA 1 - 01/07/2022

I-1295F NOA 2 - 03/17/2023

USCIS Shipped to NVC - 5/12/2023

NVC Received -  5/15/2023.

NVC Case Number - 5/31/2023

NVC Left: 6/8/2023

Ready At Embassy: 7/5/2023

Medical Exam: 8/14/2023

Interview Date: 8/17/2023

Flight to USA: 8/30/2023

Marriage: 9/13/2023

AOS & EAD NOA1: 10/16/2023

Bio Appt: 11/08/2023

EAD Approved: 01/06/2024

Green Card Approval ETA: 02/13/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kristina582 said:

I just got an email too that my petition was sent to the embassy!!!!

Yay congrats!! Maybe they are finally catching up!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, PakistaniRussian said:

Congratulations to all the new NVC cases! looks like we are finally getting some progress. I'm suspecting most, if not all will have a case number over the next 2 weeks :dance:

I think so too!

I wish all those who are still waiting get their case numbers soon!

2 hours ago, Kristina582 said:

Same here.

I got an email from NVC on May 4th that they had received my petition and it was waiting for a data entry into their system. Since then I haven’t heard any update. On May 15th I sent an inquiry asking for my case number, they got back to me on the 19th stating that the primary applicant ’s DOB on the inquiry didn’t match their records and asked me to submit a copy of the passport. I sent the copy both by email and public inquiry form, trying to be thorough, so they have no future excuses. I got an email yesterday from nvcresearch that they have received my petition and will send the detailed instructions soon. And they still didn’t give me my case number. “Soon” is very ambiguous, and I have no idea at this point why they are not giving me my case number….

so by primary applicant they mean petitioner, right ?

13 minutes ago, ample waiting said:

According to the Public Inquiry Form...applicant =  Beneficiary.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

"This is the person who is going to immigrate to the United States. Please enter the name as it appears on his or her passport."

Timeline
2 hours ago, ample waiting said:

No, according to NVC public inquiry primary applicant is the one who’s going to immigrate( the beneficiary).

I had the DOB correct on every form. I guess they had made a mistake creating the account.  

Does someone here know anything about the behind the scenes following a NVCResearch@state.gov inquiry?

We sent ours this weekend (currently on day 71 since NOA2), but after USCIS let us know that our case hasn't been shipped yet just a few days prior and that they won't look into it before 90 days have passed, I'm wondering whether or not even the NVC is able to help.

Also, do cases this far behind on processing times receive any kind of priority treatment at the NVC? My consulate isn't backlogged, so I might cry if we'd still have to wait another month or two for them to forward our case once it finally does show up lol

5 minutes ago, PakistaniRussian said:

Finally received an update. NVC said that they received my approved petition on May 15th, 2023 and its in the process of being assigned a case number. Based on the latest processing times from NVC, the case creation takes about 19 days. So I should have the case number the first week of June, hopefully. :dance:

Hopefully everyone starts getting positive news from NVC soon! 

Congrats..! I'm an April filer (NOA2) waiting on a NVC myself.. this lets me know that I'm not to far behind you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, PakistaniRussian said:

Finally received an update. NVC said that they received my approved petition on May 15th, 2023 and its in the process of being assigned a case number. Based on the latest processing times from NVC, the case creation takes about 19 days. So I should have the case number the first week of June, hopefully. :dance:

Hopefully everyone starts getting positive news from NVC soon! 

Congratulations. So it took them 19 days case creation plus 60 days transition from Uscis to nvc?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.