user121213

How long does AP last if Medical exam is after visa interview?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm having my interview next week but the medical examination till the end of month. I saw lot of threads with the same case but I just wanted to know if anyone know how long will it usually take the consulate to return your passport after the 221AP. I saw a lot of people saying that it could take up to 9months... I'm confused since this isn't my fault, all three doctors are fully booked and couldn't get any appt earlier.. Please advise. Thank you 
FYI: CR1- Casablanca Consulate 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Administrative Processing just for the lack of a medical exam should be very short term.  I suspect those 9-month cases were not in AP just for lack of a medical exam.    After all, medical exams are only valid for 6 months. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

you will need the passport for the medical exam. Make sure you ask for your passport at the end of the interview (hopefully everything will go well during the interview).

If the only thing missing is the medical, it should be couple of weeks of processing after they receive the medical report.

Good luck 

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

Thank you for your response, guys! It's just so frustrating to have to wait without knowing when you will hear back from them. For the passport part, isn't that a bad sign if you get your passport back from them or they give it back to you?  

3 minutes ago, user121213 said:

For the passport part, isn't that a bad sign if you get your passport back from them or they give it back to yo

If you need bring it to the medical exam I don’t see how you can go around that and not ask them for the passport back 

Timeline
20 hours ago, user121213 said:

I'm having my interview next week but the medical examination till the end of month. I saw lot of threads with the same case but I just wanted to know if anyone know how long will it usually take the consulate to return your passport after the 221AP. I saw a lot of people saying that it could take up to 9months... I'm confused since this isn't my fault, all three doctors are fully booked and couldn't get any appt earlier.. Please advise. Thank you 
FYI: CR1- Casablanca Consulate 

Hope the best for you curious question when did get your Interview letter after being DQ how long did it take?

Timeline
23 hours ago, itselko said:

Hope the best for you curious question when did get your Interview letter after being DQ how long did it take?

it took less than 2 months! Hopefully will be the same case for you :) 

I am also in the same situation, interview is in the 1st week of April and can't manage to have an appointment for the medical examination before. one doctor said may 10 and the other April 24th, and one doctor just does not answer.

one doctor said no problem for the passport as long as you bring a certified copy (copie légalisée), check with the doctor if this is a possibility as well, so you don't have to ask them to return your passeport ( our lawyer said not to ask for passport back and simply mail the medical report to the consulate when it's ready).

we are really stressing because of this and hate to be put in AP because they can't coordinate appointments with their fully booked doctors.

please let us know next week after your interview how things go, what they say about not having the medical done and what they do about the passport? good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If your medical papers are given to u to send thru Aramax,   write your case #  ,  both names and dates of birth on the outside envelope before u deliver to Aramax.

otherwise the reports are lost on a desk with hundreds of cases as CO's need case '#

Example:   January 2023 Casa approved 489 IV cases and 1864 NIV (and we have no #'s on unapproved cases)

i know NIV don't need medical for tourist,  etc but it is still a case on a desk

help yourself and enable the medical exam go to the right case file/ sometimes not ID 'ing the case # is the reason for longer AP

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
On 3/4/2023 at 2:54 PM, saafaa said:

I am also in the same situation, interview is in the 1st week of April and can't manage to have an appointment for the medical examination before. one doctor said may 10 and the other April 24th, and one doctor just does not answer.

one doctor said no problem for the passport as long as you bring a certified copy (copie légalisée), check with the doctor if this is a possibility as well, so you don't have to ask them to return your passeport ( our lawyer said not to ask for passport back and simply mail the medical report to the consulate when it's ready).

we are really stressing because of this and hate to be put in AP because they can't coordinate appointments with their fully booked doctors.

please let us know next week after your interview how things go, what they say about not having the medical done and what they do about the passport? good luck

Hi! I've had my interview today. Everything was smooth and fast. The CO gave me back my passport for the medical appointment, she said that the medical report will be sent by the Doc and I will only have to send them the passport back via Aramex. I also asked how long this AP could take, she said it shouldn't take more than two weeks after we receive the report. 

Hi! thank you for letting us know and glad to hear that the interview went well, best of luck for the medical examination and for a speedy issuance of your visa. Did they give you the green paper at the end of the interview?

please  after you submit the medical report, let us know when you receive your visa just to have an idea about how long it actually takes. Good luck!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, saafaa said:

Hi! thank you for letting us know and glad to hear that the interview went well, best of luck for the medical examination and for a speedy issuance of your visa. Did they give you the green paper at the end of the interview?

please  after you submit the medical report, let us know when you receive your visa just to have an idea about how long it actually takes. Good luck!

Hi!! The only paper she gave me was the white 221(g) paper with the medical report highlighted as the missing doc. I'm not sure what green paper you are referring to? What does it mean? 

I'll make sure to keep you guys updated :) 

Timeline

Congratulations

Just make sure you get everything ready for the medical (passport, pictures and all things).

It should be good from there

Congrats again

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
22 minutes ago, etrangais said:

Congratulations

Just make sure you get everything ready for the medical (passport, pictures and all things).

It should be good from there

Congrats again

Thank you!!! Is it normal that they didn't take any my papers neither the photos? 

I’m in the same situation my wife they have medical exam from 6 months expire in march 23 and my child the interview in February 3 without medical exam report everything go smooth with my wife to the officer said don’t worry for the second medical exam only my child they need medical exam as soon as possible now che did everything and submit passport February 14 i don’t know how long take because the officer said for my wife the entry in USA before 23 march

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.