jaywave

NVC and Taxes - Please Help!

27 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

until after april 15th all u need is 2021 tax returns

you will need 2022 for any interview after the 15th of april

when IRS accepts 2022 returns amend them with a 1040x

and  keep copies of all u send because IRS is taking months and months to do some returns and u may not be able to get a IRS transcript

I filed my 2022 taxes three weeks ago and got the Federal refund credited to my bank account yesterday! From NY State, I got the refund two weeks ago!

Edited by Aluvaboy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, jaywave said:

Silly question, do you know if there is a possibility that I can get an RFE if I don't put my 2022 taxes?  I get confused in this website, I read in some older post where some people say it's necessary to put 2022 (as an example) taxes for current tax year.

IMO, there can be an RFE.  After the tax filing deadline. 

Focus on repairing your tax return. So that you are ready.

3 minutes ago, Aluvaboy said:

I filed my 2022 taxes three weeks ago and got the Federal refund credited to my bank account yesterday!

This  is new information that contradicts what was  written  before in the OP.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, Aluvaboy said:

I filed my 2022 taxes three weeks ago and got the Federal refund credited to my bank account yesterday! From NY State, I got the refund two weeks ago!

but the iRS transcript for many will not be done as fast

and his 1040x will take time to redo 

so,  its not as easy when a mistake on 1040 is found by either IRS or the USC

Timeline
7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Yes. The latest tax year is 2021 until one if two things  happens:

* the tax filing deadline  for 2022

* you file a proper 2022 tax return

Neither of these things have happened.  

Nothing, and I mean nothing, would cause me in February to  rush filing my 2022 tax return when I know tax 1099 and other forms are still coming. Haste makes waste.  

I was pressured by my wife’s lawyer to file 2022 taxes before her N-400 interview last month. I said: no

My wife took oath of citizenship last week.  

Congratulations to her 

Timeline
6 hours ago, jaywave said:

Silly question, do you know if there is a possibility that I can get an RFE if I don't put my 2022 taxes?  I get confused in this website, I read in some older post where some people say it's necessary to put 2022 (as an example) taxes for current tax year.

U put current year of income 2022 (really based on pay stubs ) 

but until april 15th the current tax year is  2021

you can add 2022 returns to the NVC site when your 2022 are corrected 

your 2022 will be needed at interview -pray they are completed and the IRS  transcripts are ready but keep the new 1099int with 1040x and all other W2's and income statements just in case the IRS is not done with your returns 

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Looks good 

You can print your tax transcripts right from the iRS website. That’s are I got mines from and they were accepted. 

I think you’re overthinking this.  If you want to file an amended return for the $20.00, you can do so. It should not make a difference in taxes owed.  You don’t need to give the 2022 tax info to USCIS unless you file after April 15, 2023. 

1 hour ago, Diane and Chris said:

I think you’re overthinking this.  If you want to file an amended return for the $20.00, you can do so. It should not make a difference in taxes owed.  You don’t need to give the 2022 tax info to USCIS unless you file after April 15, 2023. 

6 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

U put current year of income 2022 (really based on pay stubs ) 

but until april 15th the current tax year is  2021

you can add 2022 returns to the NVC site when your 2022 are corrected 

your 2022 will be needed at interview -pray they are completed and the IRS  transcripts are ready but keep the new 1099int with 1040x and all other W2's and income statements just in case the IRS is not done with your returns 

@Mike E

Since I'm going to submit my 2021 taxes and I can't get the transcript, I only have the hard copy where it was generated for me. with my signature 

My question is, should I sign my 2021 taxes and submit that, or just submit it without a signature?

Timeline
10 hours ago, jaywave said:

@Mike E

Since I'm going to submit my 2021 taxes and I can't get the transcript, I only have the hard copy where it was generated for me. with my signature 

My question is, should I sign my 2021 taxes and submit that, or just submit it without a signature?

we always sign tax returns

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A hijack post, reply to it, and follow-on post have been split from this thread and merged into the author's existing thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.