AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

They already have bypassed you. They’re at 80% for January, almost 50% for February and have started for march. 

@Ok-Mix is from Dec 2022, not 2021.

6 minutes ago, meladee said:

I've also been keeping this daily record of the Lawfully data that shows the spread for case approvals, so you can see when Jan-Feb-Mar started processing.

Thank you! Being from Feb 22, I was focused a lot on my month and March seemed super fast. They literally started Feb on March 21st. I just didn’t recall how long it took to start December and January, it was indeed way longer in my mind and getting super faster now.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They're bypassing literally hundreds of petitions and leaving them behind while they plough on through the rest of the year. Our NOA1 was January 12th 2022; we're now on almost 15 months and USCIS hasn't touched a single petition in our range in more than three weeks. I genuinely don't know what to do at this point; it feels like they've just lost our petition or completely ignored it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yeah, they certainly started March earlier than I thought they would. My estimate was that they would start March this week on the 10th. It looks like they touched around 100 March cases last week so it didn’t move a whole lot but it did some. Where as it looks like they touched around 55 March cases yesterday.

My opinion is that they jumped on March early because it’s the biggest month of the entire year. I just see it as them being a bit proactive in doing this. That way they don’t get overwhelmed with big months like this and can keep whittling away at that backlog.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, WestHighlander said:

They're bypassing literally hundreds of petitions and leaving them behind while they plough on through the rest of the year. Our NOA1 was January 12th 2022; we're now on almost 15 months and USCIS hasn't touched a single petition in our range in more than three weeks. I genuinely don't know what to do at this point; it feels like they've just lost our petition or completely ignored it.

Don't worry and keep your faith, fair or not this new process that USCIS using now like 65% of cases will approve in 13-14 months and 35% take longer like 16-17 months. my application was for Dec 2021, and just got RFE! i thought they lost my case since even my FOIA came back with no results!!! it's just matter of the time/luck but eventually we all be with loved ones soon! 

Timeline

This was shared in a WhatsApp group I’m in (I am not in any FB group). Got me thinking… Could that be the reason for some of those ghost cases we see from early 2021?! Don’t think all of them fit this, but some could! Also, would make me so confused only getting the NOA2 by mail! 

4F5B1DC7-0FF5-4F52-AD22-A81E5456B989.jpeg

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, WestHighlander said:

when is the earliest can you make a case  inquiry?

Timeline
3 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

when is the earliest can you make a case  inquiry?

Inquirys don't speed up your case, they just tell you the status of it. I think only like may or something though. They pushed it back

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline
2 hours ago, AndiB said:

Inquirys don't speed up your case, they just tell you the status of it. I think only like may or something though. They pushed it back

It'll be July before we can submit an inquiry. Honestly, this is utterly infuriating when almost all other cases in our range were processed in the first week of March (according to the search data from the Case Tracker app). The waiting was tolerable when everyone was in the same situation, but being left behind like this is really starting to take a toll on my fiancée and me. We're getting irritable, snapping at each other, not sleeping well. We just hit fifteen months today and have no idea how much longer this is going to take, or even if we've been completely forgotten or just ignored. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, WestHighlander said:

It'll be July before we can submit an inquiry. Honestly, this is utterly infuriating when almost all other cases in our range were processed in the first week of March (according to the search data from the Case Tracker app). The waiting was tolerable when everyone was in the same situation, but being left behind like this is really starting to take a toll on my fiancée and me. We're getting irritable, snapping at each other, not sleeping well. We just hit fifteen months today and have no idea how much longer this is going to take, or even if we've been completely forgotten or just ignored. 

I totally sympathise with you and that's my fear too, how being 'left behind' will add stress to the relationship. However you are 100% not forgotten, they unfortunately do have x % that see approvals later than the bulk. I saw a dec approval recently and the odd nov too. They will get to it, I'm just sorry they're making you wait like this. It's not fair but your time will come ❤️

NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20

---

Timeline

I agree making inquiries does not speed up the process but at least you make yourself be acknowledged to them that you are still waiting.

And on July, it would be 18 months wait. Whatever happened  to 16.5 months  they promised us in their web. 

You must be one of the 20% filers. Is your credentials is a complex one? I have an impression having a baggage  would  delay the process. But I may be wrong. 

VJ should make a correction regarding your estimated timeline. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, GinoNiña said:

I agree making inquiries does not speed up the process but at least you make yourself be acknowledged to them that you are still waiting.

And on July, it would be 18 months wait. Whatever happened  to 16.5 months  they promised us in their web. 

You must be one of the 20% filers. Is your credentials is a complex one? I have an impression having a baggage  would  delay the process. But I may be wrong. 

There's no sign more complicated cases get left until last. 

The time you can apply for an inquiry has always been fluid. They delay it if they get too many as it slows them down. It's not always after the processing time is passed.

I understand it may give you comfort to be acknowledged by USCIS that you're still waiting but they know that, you're in the system as pending and they'll get to it when they do.  

Remember responding to inquiries takes time so if they're having to delay when you can apply that means they're being swamped by it. They're not going to message someone saying 'hey they're still waiting btw', it does nothing but give you comfort. 

I've never seen a post from anyone being forgotten by uscis so I don't think it's a real risk and you need to remind them you're there, if you're in the system, they know. The case numbers reflect when you applied so they can tell straight away now long someone is outstanding.

---

Timeline
1 hour ago, GinoNiña said:

There's nothing particularly complex or exceptional about our petition as far as I can tell. Maybe our age has something to do with it, I don't know. She's 52 and divorced, I'm 50 and never been married. Neither of us has any criminal record at all, not so much as a parking fine. I've never outstayed an ESTA when visiting, and never had any issues with immigration when visiting her in Washington State. I'm from Scotland, so I'm a British citizen, which isn't a problematic country as far as I know (despite Brexit). Whatever's causing the delay, I honestly don't think it can be the contents of our petition, but who knows? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, WestHighlander said:

There's nothing particularly complex or exceptional about our petition as far as I can tell. Maybe our age has something to do with it, I don't know. She's 52 and divorced, I'm 50 and never been married. Neither of us has any criminal record at all, not so much as a parking fine. I've never outstayed an ESTA when visiting, and never had any issues with immigration when visiting her in Washington State. I'm from Scotland, so I'm a British citizen, which isn't a problematic country as far as I know (despite Brexit). Whatever's causing the delay, I honestly don't think it can be the contents of our petition, but who knows? 

I wouldn't be caught up thinking you've been "left behind" because it's a complicated case or not. If anything, your age helps it and you're only 2 years apart. Nothing points to a difficult case to approve. I know that we keep trying to find reasons once time keeps adding up, but in my opinion most of those that take more time are just randomly left out, maybe in favour of skewing the processing rates to then approve more recent cases. There are legit cases from November and December still waiting and sucks that they inquiry date was also pushed back with the 16.5 month processing time.

I've seen cases from super super early, like March/April/May 2021, being denied only now and usually after an RFE. Could be because they didn't really have a hard evidence needed to be approved (like proof they met or a divorce certificate). And those cases were way overdue and past the inquiry date, not your case at all. It's super hard to wait and it can take a toll on our mental health and relationship, but stay strong! I'm hoping you get good news and move on to NVC/Embassy and a visa granted soon. I know we will all celebrate with you once it happens!

NOA1:

Timeline
17 minutes ago, WestHighlander said:

I’m divorced myself. 52yrs old. She’s 39 with a 15yr old. I applied last week of march. I used to think being a federal government employee would expedite my case. I was wrong again. 
I turned in my original divorced paper as well. I heard they don’t want a copy 

Edited by GinoNiña
More info

Timeline
4 hours ago, WestHighlander said:

Honestly, I would be just like you. After waiting for so long just to have our case trail behind the bulk of approvals would be devastating. 

In this thread we all get so excited and happy when the next month gets started, but it's heartbreaking to see your month slow down and more recent applications get the bulk of the attention.

I really hope that you can get your approval ASAP. We're all pulling for you even while hoping that we can get our approvals too. Hopefully you two can visit each other soon to help alieve some of the hardship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.