JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 3/17/2023 at 12:23 PM, Rosalea said:

Guys I have a random question. I noticed on the NOA2 form it has an expiration date. Or rather, it has a validity period that spans 4 months (making mine end in April). Does this matter past the point of the case making it to the embassy? Or, does anyone know what it’s even for?

My attorney told me not to worry about that. I can’t remember exactly why. I do remember she said if we start approaching that day that she would call NVC and they would extend it. But she did stress to me NOT TO WORRY about it. 

On 3/14/2023 at 10:24 AM, Giselaa said:

I got a inquiry response from NVC today that they have recieved the petition and its waiting for data entry. So I guess it took about 5-7 business days for NVC to receive after USCIS sent. 

You can call USCIS again for the exact date of case being sent. Some of the agents are useless, they simply tell you they don´t know or it´s not sent because they don´t even check it for you. 

Hey have you gotten your case number yet? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 3/22/2023 at 2:36 PM, Inveigh said:

Hi all, we snagged our interview already, our timeline is updated to reflect this. 

We received our pack 3 welcome letter but they require us to mail the DS-160/I-134 so we had to physically mail these back before we presumably can schedule our interview. Another 1-2 week delay.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, SeaSing said:

We received our pack 3 welcome letter but they require us to mail the DS-160/I-134 so we had to physically mail these back before we presumably can schedule our interview. Another 1-2 week delay.... 

What year tax documents did you provide 2021 or 2022?

Timeline
Just now, kcpaty said:

What year tax documents did you provide 2021 or 2022?

They did not request we submit tax transcripts when responding to the packet 3 checklist. I believe we only need them as support for the I-134 during the interview.

I have not been able to file 2022 yet so I cannot provide it. I am providing my 2019/2020/2021 transcripts instead. You should probably provide the most recent years available that support the income listed on the I-134. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, SeaSing said:

They did not request we submit tax transcripts when responding to the packet 3 checklist. I believe we only need them as support for the I-134 during the interview.

I have not been able to file 2022 yet so I cannot provide it. I am providing my 2019/2020/2021 transcripts instead. You should probably provide the most recent years available that support the income listed on the I-134. 

Yes transcript is not available for 2022 yet. But I have 2021. I thought this needed to be uploaded in CEAC and not brought to interview. I'll prep for both either eay. Thank you! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kcpaty said:

Yes transcript is not available for 2022 yet. But I have 2021. I thought this needed to be uploaded in CEAC and not brought to interview. I'll prep for both either eay. Thank you! 

Not every embassy is the same. Your embassy should send you instructions on what to do as far as uploading anything or bringing support to the interview. We received the packet 3 (welcome letter instructions) via physical mail with a checklist and instructions on what to do. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

36000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

37500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

41000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (0 new / 2 in progress)

41500: 4 Approvals, 1 RFER (4 new / 1 in progress)

42000: 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)

42500: 3 Approvals (3 new / 0 in progress)

43000: 12 Approvals, 2 RFESs (12 new / 2 in progress)

43500: 7 Approvals, 3 RFESs (9 new / 1 in progress)

44000: 1 Approval, 2 RFESs, 1 RFER (3 new / 1 in progress)

44500: 3 Approvals, 3 RFESs (4 new / 2 in progress)

45000: 4 Approvals, 1 RFES (5 new / 0 in progress)

45500: 4 Approvals, 4 RFESs, 1 RFER, 3 Others (Termination Notice Sent, Termination Notice Sent, Termination Notice Sent) (11 new / 1 in progress)

46000: 10 Approvals, 3 RFESs (12 new / 1 in progress)

46500: 1 Approval, 1 RFES (2 new / 0 in progress)

3/23/23: 82 Total Updates: 55 Approvals, 19 RFESs, 5 RFERs, 3 Others (Termination Notice Sent, Termination Notice Sent, Termination Notice Sent)

35500: 14 Untouched, 86 Approvals, 24 RFESs, 6 RFERs, 8 Denials, 4 Withdrawals, 2 Others (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Name Was Updated) || Completed Percent 66.7% || 144 total cases ||

36000: 6 Untouched, 81 Approvals, 31 RFESs, 7 RFERs, 15 Denials, 6 Withdrawals, 4 Others (Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed, Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed, Case Rejected For Incorrect Fee And Form Not Signed) || Completed Percent 66.4% || 150 total cases ||

36500: 6 Untouched, 36 Approvals, 9 RFESs, 6 RFERs, 17 Denials, 1 Expedite(Denied: 1), 8 Withdrawals || Completed Percent 71.4% || 83 total cases ||

37000: 3 Untouched, 72 Approvals, 10 RFESs, 6 RFERs, 11 Denials, 4 Withdrawals, 3 Others (Case Rejected For Incorrect Fee And Form Not Signed, Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Case Rejected For Incorrect Fee And Form Not Signed) || Completed Percent 78.6% || 109 total cases ||

37500: 6 Untouched, 125 Approvals, 45 RFESs, 10 RFERs, 10 Denials, 9 Withdrawals, 1 Other (Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed) || Completed Percent 68.4% || 206 total cases ||

38000: 36 Untouched, 74 Approvals, 25 RFESs, 2 RFERs, 21 Denials, 1 Expedite(Denied: 1), 6 Withdrawals, 2 Others (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed) || Completed Percent 60.0% || 167 total cases ||

38500: 20 Untouched, 75 Approvals, 20 RFESs, 10 RFERs, 16 Denials, 2 Withdrawals, 1 Other (Termination Notice Sent) || Completed Percent 61.9% || 144 total cases ||

39000: 11 Untouched, 76 Approvals, 17 RFESs, 7 Denials, 1 Expedite(Denied: 1), 6 Withdrawals, 5 Others (Name Was Updated, Name Was Updated, Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Case Rejected For Incorrect Fee And Incorrect Form Version, Document Was Mailed) || Completed Percent 72.4% || 123 total cases ||

39500: 16 Untouched, 77 Approvals, 22 RFESs, 3 RFERs, 25 Denials, 7 Withdrawals, 2 Others (Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed, Termination Notice Sent) || Completed Percent 71.1% || 152 total cases ||

40000: 35 Untouched, 97 Approvals, 58 RFESs, 7 RFERs, 12 Denials, 2 Expedites(Denied: 2), 18 Withdrawals, 5 Others (Case Rejected For Incorrect Fee And Incorrect Form Version, Document Was Mailed, Case Was Reopened, Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Name Was Updated) || Completed Percent 52.9% || 234 total cases ||

40500: 33 Untouched, 46 Approvals, 25 RFESs, 2 RFERs, 9 Denials, 6 Withdrawals, 2 Others (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Name Was Updated) || Completed Percent 48.8% || 123 total cases ||

41000: 24 Untouched, 104 Approvals, 29 RFESs, 6 RFERs, 8 Denials, 5 Expedites(Denied: 5), 6 Withdrawals, 4 Others (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Case Was Reopened, Document Was Returned To USCIS, Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed) || Completed Percent 62.2% || 186 total cases ||

41500: 39 Untouched, 59 Approvals, 12 RFESs, 7 Denials, 1 Expedite(Denied: 1), 7 Withdrawals, 4 Others (Date of Birth Was Updated, Termination Notice Sent, Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means, Case Rejected For Incorrect Fee And Form Not Signed) || Completed Percent 56.6% || 129 total cases ||

42000: 56 Untouched, 35 Approvals, 8 RFESs, 14 Denials, 3 Expedites(Denied: 3), 6 Withdrawals, 7 Others || Completed Percent 42.6% || 129 total cases ||

42500: 40 Untouched, 22 Approvals, 11 RFESs, 15 Denials, 3 Expedites(Denied: 3), 4 Withdrawals, 1 Other (Termination Notice Sent) || Completed Percent 42.7% || 96 total cases ||

43000: 84 Untouched, 63 Approvals, 19 RFESs, 19 Denials, 6 Expedites(Denied: 6), 6 Withdrawals, 7 Others || Completed Percent 43.1% || 204 total cases ||

43500: 52 Untouched, 74 Approvals, 19 RFESs, 10 Denials, 4 Expedites(Denied: 4), 7 Withdrawals, 10 Others || Completed Percent 51.7% || 176 total cases ||

44000: 36 Untouched, 55 Approvals, 19 RFESs, 14 Denials, 3 Expedites(Denied: 3), 1 Withdrawal, 2 Others (Termination Notice Sent, Case Rejected For Incorrect Fee And Incorrect Form Version) || Completed Percent 53.8% || 130 total cases ||

44500: 42 Untouched, 55 Approvals, 22 RFESs, 4 RFERs, 16 Denials, 6 Expedites(Denied: 5 / Received: 1), 5 Withdrawals, 10 Others || Completed Percent 46.2% || 160 total cases ||

45000: 81 Untouched, 80 Approvals, 17 RFESs, 10 Denials, 4 Expedites(Denied: 4), 8 Withdrawals, 4 Others (Name Was Updated, Name Was Updated, Document Was Mailed, Date of Birth Was Updated) || Completed Percent 48.0% || 204 total cases ||

45500: 70 Untouched, 22 Approvals, 15 RFESs, 13 Denials, 4 Expedites(Denied: 4), 7 Withdrawals, 5 Others (Termination Notice Sent, Termination Notice Sent, Termination Notice Sent, Termination Notice Sent, Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed) || Completed Percent 30.9% || 136 total cases ||

46000: 127 Untouched, 31 Approvals, 13 RFESs, 1 RFER, 14 Denials, 18 Expedites(Denied: 18), 9 Withdrawals, 6 Others || Completed Percent 24.3% || 219 total cases ||

46500: 9 Untouched, 3 Approvals, 2 RFESs, 5 Denials, 2 Withdrawals, 4 Others (Case Rejected For Incorrect Fee And Incorrect Form Version, Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Name Was Updated, Case Rejected For Incorrect Fee And Incorrect Form Version) || Completed Percent 40.0% || 25 total cases ||

Total for this month: 846 Untouched, 1503 Approvals, 491 RFESs, 75 RFERs, 296 Denials, 62 Expedites(Denied: 61 / Received: 1), 144 Withdrawals, 94 Others

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 3/24/2023 at 12:47 PM, SeaSing said:

Not every embassy is the same. Your embassy should send you instructions on what to do as far as uploading anything or bringing support to the interview. We received the packet 3 (welcome letter instructions) via physical mail with a checklist and instructions on what to do. 

Did you get an email or send an email and was informed that you would receive the instructions via physical mail? Or did the welcome letter just show up one day?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

Did you get an email or send an email and was informed that you would receive the instructions via physical mail? Or did the welcome letter just show up one day?

We tracked the delivery using the DHL method and then waited a week before emailing the embassy to confirm receipt. They stated they mailed it out on XX day. Had we not inquired with them by email, we would have just received the physical letter. 

The welcome packet (packet 3) contains a bunch of paper including the instructions, checklist, a printed copy of I-134, and a printed copy of our I-129F. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SeaSing said:

We tracked the delivery using the DHL method and then waited a week before emailing the embassy to confirm receipt. They stated they mailed it out on XX day. Had we not inquired with them by email, we would have just received the physical letter. 

The welcome packet (packet 3) contains a bunch of paper including the instructions, checklist, a printed copy of I-134, and a printed copy of our I-129F. 

Hmm okay, the embassy received our case 9 days ago, we emailed them already but no response yet. We're not sure if it's going to be physical or digital document delivery. Receiving physical mail isn't really a thing in her country, as opposed to the US where we get mail every day by the USPS. We're going to send another email tomorrow.

Edited by badwolfxi
erm

Timeline
Just now, badwolfxi said:

Hmm okay, the embassy received our case 9 days ago, we emailed them already but no response yet. We're not sure if it's going to be physical or digital document delivery. Receiving physical mail isn't really a thing in her country, as opposed the the US where we get mail every day by the USPS. We're going to send another email tomorrow.

The country for me was Singapore but I could understand how physical mail might be more difficult in certain countries. To be honest I wish it was all done online and digital document uploads. 

So it likely depends on your embassy. 

Timeline
Just now, SeaSing said:

The country for me was Singapore but I could understand how physical mail might be more difficult in certain countries. To be honest I wish it was all done online and digital document uploads. 

So it likely depends on your embassy. 

Digital delivery would be ideal, yes. But it seems like countries who are more technologically advanced are the ones who are still sticking with physical mail delivery 😅

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just got an interview at Dublin Embassy. We initially sent in our Notice of Readiness last Monday as soon as we got info from the medical center that my results are ready. Was given an interview date on Thursday last week but could not make it, so we sent another one last Friday (when I had the results on hand) and was told that the next available appointment was not until May. Was a bit disappointed that we weren't told about this beforehand, had we known we would have pushed to get everything ready last week. But all in God's time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.