Blessing Ann

Ms

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Is anyone here from the Philippines and applying for a spouse visa and  unvaccinated . How was the process? Did St.Luke’s ask why you are not vaccinated? How was the interview? And how did you apply for a waiver ( religious and moral convictions ? Pls share your experiences. Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI forum, from IR1.CR1 P&P - the OP is asking about experience from the Philippines~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

9 hours ago, Blessing Ann said:

Did St.Luke’s ask why you are not vaccinated? How was the interview? And how did you apply for a waiver ( religious and moral convictions ?

SLEC staff will not ask.  They will tell you that you must be vaccinated to clear the medical.  If you do not want to be vaccinated, you need to present your waiver approved by USCIS when you show up for your medical at SLEC.

Hi Chancy , thank You for your reply. Do you know anybody who are unvaccinated and apply for a waiver before the medical? Do I need to apply a waiver while our papers is in NVC

3 hours ago, Blessing Ann said:

Do I need to apply a waiver while our papers is in NVC ?

You should apply for the waiver now, as the processing may take a long time.  File the I-601 with USCIS and pay the filing fee.  If approved, bring a copy of the approval notice when you go for your medical at SLEC.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I belong to a few FB groups from the Philippines and have seen a few applicants who got delayed for the medical clearance due to be not being Covid vaccinated. No medical clearance from SLEC=No interview. I have not seen one applicant file for 601 waiver, all those who got delayed ended up just taking the vaccine. I have been following Atty. Jim Hacking on YT and his law firm do not file 601 waivers and he said there's only a few lawyers who do this and he does not know the success rate. Good luck, hope it works out for you. 

LexieJ, would you mind telling me what’s the name of the group in fb? I would like to join . Thank You for your message. Hope the US government will not mandate that Covid vax by January 2023 .

*** One nonconstructive post removed. Please remember to post accordingly and by the TOS.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Blessing Ann said:

LexieJ, would you mind telling me what’s the name of the group in fb? I would like to join . Thank You for your message. Hope the US government will not mandate that Covid vax by January 2023 .

Quick Fb search will lead you to plenty of FB groups, I belong to F2b/F1 groups as my brother's case is F1. TBH this site is way more useful and you will find better advice here than FB as there's a lot of misinformation and uninformed members in FB. @Chancy have provided you with great advice, trust me you will not learn anything new in FB, you will probably be more confused when you join them, I felt like an "expert" when I respond to most members and I'm in no way  an expert. I will probably trust the senior members here than any lawyer in a heartbeat and like I previously mentioned I have not seen one apply for 601 waiver, they ended up just getting the vaccine. If you would like to proceed with the 601 waiver you better study it in great details or hire a lawyer that have successfully done it.

Thank you LexieJ for the nice advice . I would study the waiver and hopefully to learn more about it . I really appreciate your reply and your suggestions. 

ann

I had read that Immigrant Visas do not have to get the Covid vaccine to get into the US, only the non-immigrant Visas, when I checked a few months ago. My wife has been vaxxed, but only the initial 2 China vaccines and her 13 yo son has not been vaxxed at all. So where are the rules on this?

Really? Where did you read? Do you know anybody unvaccinated applied for CR1 visa lately? . Thank You. I appreciate your comments 

9 hours ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

I had read that Immigrant Visas do not have to get the Covid vaccine to get into the US, only the non-immigrant Visas, when I checked a few months ago. My wife has been vaxxed, but only the initial 2 China vaccines and her 13 yo son has not been vaxxed at all. So where are the rules on this?

It is true that now someone who already has an immigrant visa does not need proof of COVID vaccination to board a plane and fly to the US.  However to get that visa in the first place, they still need to pass a medical where they will be required to show proof of COVID vaccination or a waiver.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/covid-19-technical-instructions.html

Two shots of china-vax should be fine for an immigration medical.  Though china-vax is probably not much good at preventing COVID.  US does not require boosters.  I'm pretty sure the 13 y/o still needs to be vaxed.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.