591 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, wifeyAF said:

what is your NOA  file date? 

December 27.

May 25, 2004: Got married in Denmark
June 8, 2004: Received passport with new last name
June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot
June 18, 2004: Received letter of appointment plus packet 4
August 5, 2004: Interview at U.S. embassy - APPROVED!!!
August 19, 2004: Went back to the U.S. with my husband
May 27, 2006: Filed I-751
July 25, 2006: I-751 approved!

March 13, 2016: Filed I-90 for Permanent Resident Card renewal

March 22, 2016: Received letter of appointment for biometrics appointment

April 8, 2016: Biometrics appointment

September 21, 2016: I-90 approved

December 27, 2022: Filed N400 for US citizenship

December 27, 2022: Biometrics reused

February 2, 2023: Interview notice received

March 10, 2023: N400 approved 

March 10, 2023: Oath ceremony notice provided right after interview 

March 24: Oath ceremony 

Hi, 

I am applying in a couple weeks (Jan 2023), what documents do I need to have ready for the application? (3 Year - Marriage Based). My I751 is still pending

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, KenandBina said:

Hi, 

I am applying in a couple weeks (Jan 2023), what documents do I need to have ready for the application? (3 Year - Marriage Based). My I751 is still pending

You can view the guide here that lists what documents you will need: 

. I did the online application and they list the documents needed at the end as well. 

4 minutes ago, Akipog said:

You can view the guide here that lists what documents you will need: 

. I did the online application and they list the documents needed at the end as well. 

Thanks! I am a little confused because the document (attached) states that " Only applicants who reside overseas must provide two identical color photographs of yourself taken recently" But the document above says everyone needs the photos?

n-400instr.pdf

When we submitted my N-400 we only included marriage license, passport and greencard copy and birth certificate of my child. We didnt submit the citation ticket, and pictures of our marriages throughout the years.. (applying for n-400 under marriage base) am i in trouble? or can I bring additional documents during interview

I didn’t submit any pictures either , just submitted digital passport style photo , in case they want it for the naturalization certificate . 

I submitted alot of evidence it came up about 150 pdf file .. vacations flight boarding passes , cruises boarding passes .. utilities, insurances , joint vehicles titles .. driver license show same address , joint bank card and bills .. etc 

what I liked about the cruises boarding passes .. it shows room number ,names , how many nights we stayed in the room together,  dates and ports locations on each pass so its clearly verify we stay together and vacation together , and it so much fun ! Can’t wait to book another cruise lol .. 

1 hour ago, KenandBina said:

Thanks! I am a little confused because the document (attached) states that " Only applicants who reside overseas must provide two identical color photographs of yourself taken recently" But the document above says everyone needs the photos?

n-400instr.pdf 380.34 kB · 0 downloads

It didn't ask me to upload any photos so I didn't upload any.

June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, KenandBina said:

n-400instr.pdf 380.34 kB · 1 download

I would follow the N-400 instructions regarding the photos since it is probably most up to date. The link I shared is just from Visajourney guidelines and may be out of date on that aspect. But as far as marriage evidence it looks about the same, tax transcripts/tax returns, green card copy, spouse's proof of US citizenship, shared bills/leases, child birth certificates, etc. 

1 minute ago, wifeyAF said:

@Akipog i dont think my lawyer submitted my husband's birth cert or tax transcript. but we did submit marriage cert, greencard and passport. 😬

You probably will get an RFE ( Request For Evidence) for your husband , one of the requirements on the application ,needs to verify the US spouse have been US Citizen for at least for 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, wifeyAF said:

@AHC_2015 thank you for your clear response. Did you submit any mail or tax transcrips? I was not able to submit photos, tax transcrips, bank statement (but i have them with me) 

@wifeyAF Yes, I uploaded five years (since I applied based on the five year rule) of tax returns. It didn't ask me to but based on what I had read on here I went ahead and uploaded them as additional documents (and will bring to the interview).

5 minutes ago, AHC_2015 said:

@wifeyAF Yes, I uploaded five years (since I applied based on the five year rule) of tax returns. It didn't ask me to but based on what I had read on here I went ahead and uploaded them as additional documents (and will bring to the interview).

Five years rule base on permanent residency in the US for five years  , its different from the three years bona fide marriage requirement.  

26 minutes ago, johnnyI129F said:

Five years rule base on permanent residency in the US for five years  , its different from the three years bona fide marriage requirement.  

Yes, that's right. Since I'm filing based on being a permanent resident for five years I didn't have to upload as much evidence because I didn't have to show proof of a bona fide marriage. I just had to upload my green card and my marriage certificate (which I had to upload twice - once to show that I'm married and once to show proof of name change). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.