591 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Bujjigaadu said:

Hi folks...I am delighted to inform you all that I have passed my interview today and completed oathing as well...Going from F1 (as a student) to a Citizen is not a easy journey, have seen so many ups and downs but now feeling so happy and relaxed.....My journey ends here with USCIS...

Good Luck if anybody is still waiting for their interview...Thank you one and all...

Wow! Congratulations! 🎉 

I remember your appointment was at 10:50 am. When was your oath ceremony?

What documents did you take for the interview? What documents did they ask?

My interview is on next Tuesday 12:45 pm at SF FO and on the F1 to citizen journey as well.

Edited by annrose

I-751 Timeline:

Jan 12, 2022 : Sent I-751 application package via USPS

Jan 14, 2022 : Delivered to USCIS Phoenix lockbox

On 4/4/2023 at 6:00 PM, Ludovic UK said:

Did my interview today and was approved!! I honestly did very little prep, I used the 'Citizen Now' app to practice for the civics test but that was it. They only asked for my appointment confirmation letter, drivers license, passport, and green card. No other documents were requested. They asked me 5 of the civics questions, then asked me to read a sentence out loud and write a sentence into an iPad, they might have gone easy here because I am an English speaker. But it was pretty simple, once I was approved they asked if I'd like to do the oath ceremony at the same time, I did that also today and got my naturalization certificate. 

There was a big line outside the building, but after asking some people I realized that was for ICE registration, USCIS can go straight in. 

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!! 

Congratulations!! 🎊 

Great to see same day oath ceremony for SF interviews.

I-751 Timeline:

Timeline
21 hours ago, paret3169 said:

I just got mine today! 5/16 in downtown 

I just got mine today as well! a week ahead of you 5/9 in DTLA. 

wish both of us best of the LUCK! I heard that they are also doing the same day oath.

are you also expecting a combo interview? 

📊 I-751 ROC with Waivers📅    California Service Center (WAC)                            📊 N-400  📅    Phoenix AZ Lockbox

02/11/21  I-751 mailed out by USPS                                                                                                 11/30/22  N-400 mailed out by USPS 
02/13/21  PO BOX Received                                                                                                                 12/02/22  PO BOX Received  (Priority Date)

02/16/21  Case Was Received, $680 check went through                                                12/06/22  NOA Receipt Date 

03/31/21  NOA Date                                                                                                                                  12/08/22  NOA2 Online Account Access &  NOA3 Biometrics Waived  - NBC

04/05/21  Receive NOA by mail                                                                                                         12/08/22  Case is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS  

10/19/21  2nd NOA for 24 months extension                                                                             12/14/22  Receive NOA by mail       

07/15/22  NOA -- Biometrics Appt @ 08/02/22                                                      12/16/22  Receive NOA2 & NOA3 by mail  

07/26/22  Bio letter arrived                                                                                       04/04/23  Interview NOA issued, Combo Interview Expected on 05/09/23 (04/11/23 NOA received by mail)

08/02/22  Biometrics Appt                                                                                        05/09/23 Interview Canceled/De-Scheduled on the spot

08/02/22  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken                         05/12/23 Interview NOA issued, rescheduled for 06/21/23

12/16/22  Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction                    06/21/23 Interview Canceled/De-Scheduled on the spot AGAIN

12/17/22  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken                          11/17/23 Interview NOA issued, rescheduled for 01/03/24

03/10/23  3rd NOA for 48 months extension received                                                                           (after expedite request letters, InfoPass, congressional inquiry)

01/04/24  NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!!!!                                                                                                                                                                         ......         

01/10/24  Card Was Mailed To Me                                                                                                    01/03/2024 THE 3RD TIME IS THE CHARM! COME ON!!! Or not...

Oh well, they don't have my case file at the field office, after another 4-hour wait, interview canceled and de-scheduled for the 3RD time...

01/05/2024  2nd Congressional Inquiry Submitted 

01/30/2024  Interview NOA issued, the 4th one got rescheduled on 03/07/24  LMAO

the waitING game continued ...

29 minutes ago, 17Miller said:

I just got mine today as well! a week ahead of you 5/9 in DTLA. 

wish both of us best of the LUCK! I heard that they are also doing the same day oath.

are you also expecting a combo interview? 

You too!! the letter didn’t mention it. I thought it would be. Did yours?  I hope it is same day oath!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, paret3169 said:

You too!! the letter didn’t mention it. I thought it would be. Did yours?  I hope it is same day oath!

Let's pray that we only need to go into that federal building just one last time for good then!

📊 I-751 ROC with Waivers📅    California Service Center (WAC)                            📊 N-400  📅    Phoenix AZ Lockbox

02/11/21  I-751 mailed out by USPS                                                                                                 11/30/22  N-400 mailed out by USPS 
02/13/21  PO BOX Received                                                                                                                 12/02/22  PO BOX Received  (Priority Date)

02/16/21  Case Was Received, $680 check went through                                                12/06/22  NOA Receipt Date 

03/31/21  NOA Date                                                                                                                                  12/08/22  NOA2 Online Account Access &  NOA3 Biometrics Waived  - NBC

04/05/21  Receive NOA by mail                                                                                                         12/08/22  Case is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS  

10/19/21  2nd NOA for 24 months extension                                                                             12/14/22  Receive NOA by mail       

07/15/22  NOA -- Biometrics Appt @ 08/02/22                                                      12/16/22  Receive NOA2 & NOA3 by mail  

07/26/22  Bio letter arrived                                                                                       04/04/23  Interview NOA issued, Combo Interview Expected on 05/09/23 (04/11/23 NOA received by mail)

08/02/22  Biometrics Appt                                                                                        05/09/23 Interview Canceled/De-Scheduled on the spot

08/02/22  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken                         05/12/23 Interview NOA issued, rescheduled for 06/21/23

12/16/22  Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction                    06/21/23 Interview Canceled/De-Scheduled on the spot AGAIN

12/17/22  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken                          11/17/23 Interview NOA issued, rescheduled for 01/03/24

03/10/23  3rd NOA for 48 months extension received                                                                           (after expedite request letters, InfoPass, congressional inquiry)

01/04/24  NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!!!!                                                                                                                                                                         ......         

01/10/24  Card Was Mailed To Me                                                                                                    01/03/2024 THE 3RD TIME IS THE CHARM! COME ON!!! Or not...

Oh well, they don't have my case file at the field office, after another 4-hour wait, interview canceled and de-scheduled for the 3RD time...

01/05/2024  2nd Congressional Inquiry Submitted 

01/30/2024  Interview NOA issued, the 4th one got rescheduled on 03/07/24  LMAO

the waitING game continued ...

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, annrose said:

Wow! Congratulations! 🎉 

I remember your appointment was at 10:50 am. When was your oath ceremony?

What documents did you take for the interview? What documents did they ask?

My interview is on next Tuesday 12:45 pm at SF FO and on the F1 to citizen journey as well.

Thank you...Oath ceremony was at 3PM, Because my interview happened around 12PM....Officer was so nice, he did not ask any documents except GC,appointment notice, DL and Passport.  I carried lot of other documents like others but It was very smooth and easy....

SFO is doing 1PM, 2PM and 3PM Oath ceremony and if you are interested for same day they are trying to accommodate accordingly.

I meant to say that came to united states 13 years back as a student on F1 Visa to pursue PhD and have gone through different phases finally become a Citizen..

Timeline
17 hours ago, ulissess said:

congratulation!!! what time was your appointment and when you could attend the oath??

It was schedule at 10:50 am but some how i had to wait another hour. Oath ceremony was at 3pm.  If you SFO, i think officers are very friendly and interview is going very cool...Yesterday, most of us felt same way at SFO FO. Good Luck.

3 hours ago, Bujjigaadu said:

Thank you...Oath ceremony was at 3PM, Because my interview happened around 12PM....Officer was so nice, he did not ask any documents except GC,appointment notice, DL and Passport.  I carried lot of other documents like others but It was very smooth and easy....

SFO is doing 1PM, 2PM and 3PM Oath ceremony and if you are interested for same day they are trying to accommodate accordingly.

I meant to say that came to united states 13 years back as a student on F1 Visa to pursue PhD and have gone through different phases finally become a Citizen..

Sounds great. Hoping to get a nice officer like that for an easy interview and approval for same day oath ceremony. 🤞🏼

I-751 Timeline:

Filed: Timeline
20 hours ago, Bujjigaadu said:

It was schedule at 10:50 am but some how i had to wait another hour. Oath ceremony was at 3pm.  If you SFO, i think officers are very friendly and interview is going very cool...Yesterday, most of us felt same way at SFO FO. Good Luck.

yes !! i'll have in 2 weeks the interview (sfo), hopefully will be fine. thank you for your answer

Timeline
17 hours ago, razorontour said:

Hi, I filed my N-400 online and have received a couple of emails suggesting that action was taken on my case but when I log in to myUSCIS I don't see anything new - has anyone else experienced this?

Check you documents tab in your online account, USCIS must have added few documents.

1 hour ago, Bujjigaadu said:

Check you documents tab in your online account, USCIS must have added few documents.

Thank you! That was my first thought also, but with the exception of the receipt notice which was generated almost immediately after I submitted the petition, I see no other documents. I'm just assuming it's a glitch or they did something on the back end that I can't see...

Interview experience at SF field office:

A US citizen now! 🎉

There was a long waiting line in the front of the building. So it took me around 20 mins to wait and get to the waiting area. Plan some time ahead, just in case.

My interview was at 12:45 pm yesterday (but got called in at 1:15 pm because the IO had to take extra time for the previous interview) which lasted for around 30 mins and I got approved for same day oath ceremony at 3 pm. Got the certificate of naturalization by 3 pm.

Documents submitted during online application for N-400 based on 5 year LPR eligibility rule:
1. copy of greencard (mandatory)
2. copy of marriage certificate (mandatory)
3. copy of kids birth certificate (mandatory)
4. tax transcripts of last 5 years (optional)

No additional documents were asked to be submitted during the interview. Originals of interview appointment letter, passport, green-card and driver license was asked to be shown.

Paperworks to be done after getting US citizenship:

1. Apply for US passport (in person appointment at usps)

2. update citizenship in SSN records (can be done by mail, once we get the passport card)

3. register to vote (can be done online)

4. update citizenship in dmv records (has anyone done this?)

I-751 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, annrose said:

Interview experience at SF field office:

A US citizen now! 🎉

There was a long waiting line in the front of the building. So it took me around 20 mins to wait and get to the waiting area. Plan some time ahead, just in case.

My interview was at 12:45 pm yesterday (but got called in at 1:15 pm because the IO had to take extra time for the previous interview) which lasted for around 30 mins and I got approved for same day oath ceremony at 3 pm. Got the certificate of naturalization by 3 pm.

Documents submitted during online application for N-400 based on 5 year LPR eligibility rule:
1. copy of greencard (mandatory)
2. copy of marriage certificate (mandatory)
3. copy of kids birth certificate (mandatory)
4. tax transcripts of last 5 years (optional)

No additional documents were asked to be submitted during the interview. Originals of interview appointment letter, passport, green-card and driver license was asked to be shown.

Paperworks to be done after getting US citizenship:

1. Apply for US passport (in person appointment at usps)

2. update citizenship in SSN records (can be done by mail, once we get the passport card)

3. register to vote (can be done online)

4. update citizenship in dmv records (has anyone done this?)

Hearty Congratulations!  it is a big advantage that SFO does same day oath ceremony! How many people take part in that oath ceremony?

Also, I applied as a LPR for 5 years, but through postal mail and I only submitted green card copy (Submitted as per M-477 checklist from USCIS. Even though I'm married with kids did not submit marriage certificate or birth certificates).

My interview is scheduled for May 2nd, and per my attorney, all I need to carry is three years tax transcripts (plus GC, passport, appointment and  letter and state ID).

Did the IO ask anything about marriage, kids at all? Also, do they ask about where you work etc?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.