Rearviewmirror

I-751 ROC Filers - January 2023

423 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Mailed ROC packet on 1/9/2023. USCIS picked it up and signed for it the next day. $680 charge on CC appeared yesterday on 1/11/2023.

Just today we received the electronic notice via text and the case # begins with LIN. It's a little bit of a relief to not have the dreaded MSC prefix on the case #, although I guess MSC was unlikely as we are from the K1 process and already had an interview for I-485. Crossing fingers that ROC interview is waived. 

I thought that it would be WAC (California Service Center) and not LIN (Nebraska Service Center) handling cases for Washington State as I had read online - but I guess this is old information. 

Edited by M&Y_2019

2 hours ago, M&Y_2019 said:

Mailed ROC packet on 1/9/2023. USCIS picked it up and signed for it the next day. $680 charge on CC appeared yesterday on 1/11/2023.

Just today we received the electronic notice via text and the case # begins with LIN. It's a little bit of a relief to not have the dreaded MSC prefix on the case #, although I guess MSC was unlikely as we are from the K1 process and already had an interview for I-485. Crossing fingers that ROC interview is waived. 

I thought that it would be WAC (California Service Center) and not LIN (Nebraska Service Center) handling cases for Washington State as I had read online - but I guess this is old information. 

Washington state is under Nebraska service center, same as Oregon which is where I am .https://nebraskaccess.nebraska.gov/websites/contactingins.asp#:~:text=Service Centers and the National,North Dakota%2C Ohio%2C Oregon%2C

California only does CA, NV, AZ, Hawaii and Guam

2 hours ago, M&Y_2019 said:

Any reason why LIN is preferred? Is it better chance of no interview? If so, any link for that information?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sweetdreaming said:

Any reason why LIN is preferred? Is it better chance of no interview? If so, any link for that information?

I found this post on the topic - also I read a few anecdotal reports in other threads indicating that MSC means that the case is very likely being routed to your local office for an interview (after they take it from National Benefits Center). Non-MSC prefixes mean that it is more likely (but as I understand it, not guaranteed) to receive an interview waiver. Those applying after a CR-1 tend to get MSC because they did not have an interview through I-485. 

Edited by M&Y_2019

Hey does anyone have a template for the affidavits for the testimony for your relationships as stated in Pg. 6 of the instructions, very top number 5. I would like to get an example or template so we can send 2-3 affidavits in with our package. Also is anyone trying to change the applicants name to the married name? My wife and I want her to take my last name so I am also looking for guidance on how to go about that in this process for the new greencard. Thanks! We hope to file mid-February for Philippines.

Anyone here who just sent the most recent renewal auto insurance policy? If so, did you provide an explanation?

My husband had to go to State Farm, aside from calling, multiple times just so they can correct one thing... You'd think they figured out that he's married after having the "I want to add my wife" discussion, but apparently not.

As always, thank you in advance!

Hi January Filers!

We're looking to submit next week, and just printed our 2021 tax return, which runs to 200+ pages. Are people including the whole thing?! 

Thanks! 

27 minutes ago, kjmaiwen said:

Hi January Filers!

We're looking to submit next week, and just printed our 2021 tax return, which runs to 200+ pages. Are people including the whole thing?! 

Thanks! 

Pretty sure USCIS prefer the "tax transcript" rather than the return you have filled in yourself. It's essentially a tax receipt from the IRS with your taxes broken down into 4-5 pages rather than 200+ you can get it from IRS.gov

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, kjmaiwen said:

Hi January Filers!

Thanks! 

No!! Just the IRS tax return transcript 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

On 1/11/2023 at 3:02 PM, Rearviewmirror said:

Where are you getting that from? It is contradicted here - https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

In other news, my case got accepted and got the SMS today.

Hi, I have seen it somewhere, may need more time to find the links on this forum.

Meanwhile, here is a datapoint saying their N-400 interview was conducted before they reached 5 years of being resident (within 90 days window) and denied on that basis:

https://forums.immigration.com/threads/n400-passed-interview-then-denied-for-early-interview.303710/

Yes, you're eligible to file N-400 90 days early. But you cannot be approved before 3 years mark as LPR for marriage based case. If I'm not mistaken, I've seen some blazing fast N-400 interviews that come a month or two after filing. If that's the case, USCIS can conduct interview early (say 14 days before 3 year mark) and deny application based on that. What are the chances of that? Small, but I'm only advocating for the safest approach, which is wait 3 full years before applying.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Hi, I have seen it somewhere, may need more time to find the links on this forum.

Meanwhile, here is a datapoint saying their N-400 interview was conducted before they reached 5 years of being resident (within 90 days window) and denied on that basis:

https://forums.immigration.com/threads/n400-passed-interview-then-denied-for-early-interview.303710/

Yes, you're eligible to file N-400 90 days early. But you cannot be approved before 3 years mark as LPR for marriage based case. If I'm not mistaken, I've seen some blazing fast N-400 interviews that come a month or two after filing. If that's the case, USCIS can conduct interview early (say 14 days before 3 year mark) and deny application based on that. What are the chances of that? Small, but I'm only advocating for the safest approach, which is wait 3 full years before applying.

Fair enough. Sadly "blazing fast" isn't really a likelihood at YSC...

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Back at it again with the waiting game with uscis. Filed my husband's roc 1/9/23 and we got text confirmation today and its a YSC. So we got the service center with the longest processing times I guess we'll just get ready to file n400 when the time comes and not expect roc to be done before that.

Due to moving at the start of this month and life getting in the way, we left our filing until the last minute.  😬  My wife's conditional green card expires today, and we mailed the petition to the IL lockbox on Tuesday.  It was signed for according to USPS yesterday at 6:28 am, but I'm certainly going to be nervous until we get the receipt by mail or text.

44 minutes ago, julianthecat said:

Due to moving at the start of this month and life getting in the way, we left our filing until the last minute.  😬  My wife's conditional green card expires today, and we mailed the petition to the IL lockbox on Tuesday.  It was signed for according to USPS yesterday at 6:28 am, but I'm certainly going to be nervous until we get the receipt by mail or text.

You filed late, but USCIS should accept it regardless. Good luck !

13 hours ago, FatzJD said:

Back at it again with the waiting game with uscis. Filed my husband's roc 1/9/23 and we got text confirmation today and its a YSC. So we got the service center with the longest processing times I guess we'll just get ready to file n400 when the time comes and not expect roc to be done before that.

Welcome to the dark side of YSC :)

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.