KAP2019

I-751 December 2022 Filers

288 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/6/2022 at 9:36 PM, Alexis2022 said:

Hi everyone, I am late November filler.

We sent our package on Nov 26, they got it on 11/29. Text message on 12/1 with case number (no emails but I added it on the form 1145). Cc charged on 12/1, got my Noa (extension) on 12/3. Case update finger prints were taken from AOS 12/6. Vermont center rocks! I'm going to monitor both November and December fillers threads and will be happy to read how it goes for you guys :) 

1. What state are you residing in? I am currently in California, but recently moved from Texas. My driver's license is still from Texas. What address should I mail it at? the one for California or Texas?

2. What form of payment did you use? Credit card or check? what is the most reliable way to pay for it?

3. What file/organizer did you use to compile all the evidence together?

Hi everyone,

Late November filer, we haven't had any updates confirming receipt of our package and CC has not been charged.  Does anyone know if there are ways we can find out of our package was properly received?

Mailed package 11/28, Tracking shows delivered to Phoenix AZ 12/1.

We didn't apply for text notification since we didn't realise that was offered.

Getting a bit worried here!

6 hours ago, 50%OFF said:

Hi everyone,

Late November filer, we haven't had any updates confirming receipt of our package and CC has not been charged.  Does anyone know if there are ways we can find out of our package was properly received?

Hi! If you didn't do the text notification, the only other thing to watch for early on is them taking payment.  Did you by chance use a personal check or a credit card to pay? Seeing them pull that money is a good sign.  If you used a cashier's check you can't do that either - so the first piece of information you'll get is the letter saying that your greencard has been extended as it processes, which can take several weeks or even a month - and now the holidays are coming.  I wouldn't start to worry unless you don't get something until after the first week of January.  I bet you'll get the letter by then! 

On 12/17/2022 at 10:58 PM, kec523 said:

Dropped our package off at UPS this morning! Here we gooooo! Can't wait to get a text and get our check cashed so we can hurry up and wait for the approval. Haha! 

Our package is at the lock box as of 12 pm today, woohoo! It's been so long since I updated my timeline that I can't remember.  Do I put today's date for our date that we filed? Or wait until we get the text? Or use the date that's on the NOA1? 

NOA/extension letter 12/08, received on Friday. Just got the letter that biometrics is waived. Notice date 12/13. VSC moving right along. 

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

2 hours ago, kec523 said:

Our package is at the lock box as of 12 pm today, woohoo! It's been so long since I updated my timeline that I can't remember.  Do I put today's date for our date that we filed? Or wait until we get the text? Or use the date that's on the NOA1? 

I put the delivery date as filed date.

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, kec523 said:

Hi! Just checking -  I sent my package to Chicago as well via USPS, it was delivered on 5th Dec and I'm yet to get a text message or email (I completed the form for it). How long did it take to get your receipt text? Thanks

2 hours ago, Mzamour said:

Hi! Just checking -  I sent my package to Chicago as well via USPS, it was delivered on 5th Dec and I'm yet to get a text message or email (I completed the form for it). How long did it take to get your receipt text? Thanks

We haven't gotten a text yet! I'm just going by the UPS tracking number.  I'll definitely update here when. I get a text.  But I feel like if yours arrived at the lockbox 12/5 you should have gotten a text by now.  That's really frustrating.  I've heard stories of people not getting a text even if they signed up.  What form of payment did you use? 

15 hours ago, 50%OFF said:

Hi everyone,

Hi again - so sorry I missed that you wrote you paid with a CC when you first posted.  That's really frustrating - and I do think you should have gotten your card charged by now, but I would still probably give the same advice to wait it out a bit longer.  

6 hours ago, kec523 said:

Hi again - so sorry I missed that you wrote you paid with a CC when you first posted.  That's really frustrating - and I do think you should have gotten your card charged by now, but I would still probably give the same advice to wait it out a bit longer.  

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, that's what has us so worried! We did file around Thanksgiving so we are up against two holidays, but from what we read, most people are getting CC charged in around a week.

We'll keep checking the CC and our mailbox for now.  If we don't receive notice after a month, where/who can we check with?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, kec523 said:

We haven't gotten a text yet! I'm just going by the UPS tracking number.  I'll definitely update here when. I get a text.  But I feel like if yours arrived at the lockbox 12/5 you should have gotten a text by now.  That's really frustrating.  I've heard stories of people not getting a text even if they signed up.  What form of payment did you use? 

I used a credit card, and it has not been charged yet. Yes, it's a bit frustrating but hopefully we'll get some response before end of 2022! Fingers crossed!

8 hours ago, 50%OFF said:

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, that's what has us so worried! We did file around Thanksgiving so we are up against two holidays, but from what we read, most people are getting CC charged in around a week.

We'll keep checking the CC and our mailbox for now.  If we don't receive notice after a month, where/who can we check with?

I know you can call - but I am not completely sure the best process for that and I don't want to give you wrong advice.  I would post a thread about it in the main removing conditions discussion and let someone more of an expert than me guide you on how to inquire. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/19/2022 at 1:24 PM, KAP2019 said:

NOA/extension letter 12/08, received on Friday. Just got the letter that biometrics is waived. Notice date 12/13. VSC moving right along. 

Hi. I am also going to be filing I751 in last week of December. How did you make the payment? Can you please share the evidence you submitted?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.