TastyCake

N400 status - Attention Boston filers !!!

165 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

On Jan 18 2024 my case status changed. It still says  "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" but with a date of Jan 18 2024.  Previously since June 2022 it said the same, just with the June date.

The estimated time also changed too. It now says "Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 7 months" Previously said that it was taking longer than expected. 

Did this happen to anyone else?

Timeline
1 hour ago, rebnoe said:

On Jan 18 2024 my case status changed. It still says  "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" but with a date of Jan 18 2024.  Previously since June 2022 it said the same, just with the June date.

The estimated time also changed too. It now says "Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 7 months" Previously said that it was taking longer than expected. 

Hi! It was exactly what happened to us on January 3rd. Check your documents section online and see if there is any new notice from USCIS. That's where the interview scheduling notice was posted.

K-1

NOA1: 01/25/2019

NOA2: 04/22/2019

I-485

NOA1: 07/25/2019

Interview: 11/21/2019 Approved

I-751

NOA1: 09/03/2021

Interview: 02/08/2024

Approved: 02/08/2024

N-400

NOA1:08/24/2022

Oath:02/21/2024

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, rebnoe said:

If you already have a fully adjudicated I-751 (i.e. no 'combo interview') it is possible you got kicked down the curb some months as you have a 10-year green card now and can wait for the N-400 interview. I know of this happening to another Boston filer.

1 hour ago, rebnoe said:

Great news! They touched your file--my hunch is that you will hear a lot sooner than 7 months! 

9 hours ago, rebnoe said:

Hi! I had a similar experience, but I didn't have my I-751 approved like you did. Instead of a combo interview, they approved my I-751 and reset my timeline for N400, just like they did with your N-400 today. As a result, I had to start the N400 process all over again. It is good news they looked at your file!

Edited by Cata&Ben

Timeline
On 1/22/2024 at 2:52 PM, zanzala said:

Hi! It was exactly what happened to us on January 3rd. Check your documents section online and see if there is any new notice from USCIS. That's where the interview scheduling notice was posted.

No documents yet, but I will keep an eye out!! 

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!! 

K-1

NOA1: 01/25/2019

NOA2: 04/22/2019

I-485

NOA1: 07/25/2019

Interview: 11/21/2019 Approved

I-751

NOA1: 09/03/2021

Approved: 02/08/2024

N-400

NOA1:08/24/2022

Oath:02/21/2024

Timeline
6 hours ago, rebnoe said:

I checked today and I have a citizenship interview scheduled for March 5!! 

How did you find out? Did you check your online account and noticed the status change? Or did you receive something via U.S. mail?

Are you set up for text updates on your case? Did you receive a text update?

Edited by TastyCake

Timeline
2 hours ago, TastyCake said:

How did you find out? Did you check your online account and noticed the status change? Or did you receive something via U.S. mail?

Are you set up for text updates on your case? Did you receive a text update?

I got a text alert and then checked the website, which had the interview scheduled letter under documents. I have not gotten it in the mail yet

Timeline

Received both a text and email today. N-400 interview has been scheduled for March 19.

3 hours ago, TastyCake said:

Received both a text and email today. N-400 interview has been scheduled for March 19.

Happy for you!!! Congratulations!

3 hours ago, Robbernosky said:

Looks like Boston is finally getting around to things

Yes, it is election time!

18 minutes ago, zanzala said:

Happy to report that my hubby successfully passed his naturalization interview! It was a combo interview for us, I-751 and N-400. We quickly showed some evidence for I-751, she asked a couple of questions and said that she is approving our I-751. After that I was allowed to stay in the room for the N-400 part, just had to move to the back of the room, so that I don't help him with the questions. :D

Then she started asking questions, who is MA governor, one war in the 1900s, what is an amendment, name of the vice president, one thing only the federal government can do, and why does the flag has 50 stars.

one sentence to read and one to write. was very quick.

And then she went over several sections on his form like if he has started working, which he started just last year.. So she needed the address and phone number of his employer etc. Then she checked some entries on the form about how many times we have been married, and how many kids he has. read him the oath questions and asked if he was willing to take it. and that's it! She gave him his approval paper and said he would be scheduled for the oath on February 21. We got the scheduling confirmation right after. And then on the way home I got text messages that our cases' status had changed. When I checked for updates, I-751 said that the card is being produced, which I doubt:D. and N-400 said that an oath scheduling notice is being sent. So relieved to be almost done! And big thank you to all VisaJourney community! Couldnt have done it without all the information shared here!

This is fantastic! And yay for such a quick turnaround for the oath (I realized that none of us were scheduled for a day that has an oath ceremony baked in. Oh well. But maybe that means that some of us will overlap at the oath ceremony?)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.