TastyCake

N400 status - Attention Boston filers !!!

160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
28 minutes ago, rebnoe said:

Very frustrating! I am going to contact a senator in June (1 year mark) if I still hear nothing by then

Attention fellow Bostonians!  There is a pattern going on here.  I encourage activism from ALL of you in our area to start writing Warren, Markey and your local U.S. Representative and register your complaints... VEHEMENTLY!!!  You don't need to use profanities or talk like a street urchin.  However, you need to come across as frustrated AND angry but express yourself in a mature manner.  If all of us do this... now...  it will certainly get someone's attention that suddenly there's an influx of letters about the inefficiency and lack of transparency of the USCIS.  There are no guarantees this will yield results but sitting on our hands certainly isn't helping.

Below is a link to Warren and Markey.  Click the Contact button for each and start exercising your rights.

https://www.senate.gov/states/MA/intro.htm

At this link, go down to Massachusetts and locate the representative for your district (if you don't already know who it is) and write that individual as well.

https://www.house.gov/representatives

It's time for activism.  It's time to voice your displeasure.  Calling up the USCIS and speaking to a Tier 2 agent is tantamount to hitting your head against a wall.  Don't even waste your time.

Folks, where are you all based? @rebnoe @TastyCake @Robbernosky @zanzala @JaBe007

WArren is running for reelection, so if you are all close by(or some of you), I am happy to make a little demonstration in front of the JFK building (by looking at your timelines, it looks like at the minimum the process for some of you will be 8 months--for most, myself included, likely longer). And something else to keep in mind is that they are mandated to give at least a 4-6 week lead time prior to the interview and then your oath ceremony might not happen on the same day (add a 1-2 months additional wait( and then waiting for the passport (in the best of cases( for another 1-1.5 months...

Edited by Boundless_damsel

Timeline

I will reach out to one of the MA representatives eventually. Since we are not outside processing window yet, i will just wait and complain here 😄

K-1

NOA1: 01/25/2019

NOA2: 04/22/2019

I-485

NOA1: 07/25/2019

Interview: 11/21/2019 Approved

I-751

NOA1: 09/03/2021

Interview: 02/08/2024

Approved: 02/08/2024

N-400

NOA1:08/24/2022

Oath:02/21/2024

On 4/14/2023 at 5:29 PM, zanzala said:

I will reach out to one of the MA representatives eventually. Since we are not outside processing window yet, i will just wait and complain here 😄

Not sure who is your House rep, but if it's Ayanna Pressley, I highly discourage you from contacting her office--her team is completely disfunctional at handling these cases. A senator, whether Warren or Markey, would be a better bet. Also, another tip is that when you will reach out, know that it will take 30-60 days to provide you with an answer.

On 4/14/2023 at 10:55 AM, TastyCake said:

Attention fellow Bostonians!  There is a pattern going on here.  I encourage activism from ALL of you in our area to start writing Warren, Markey and your local U.S. Representative and register your complaints... VEHEMENTLY!!!  You don't need to use profanities or talk like a street urchin.  However, you need to come across as frustrated AND angry but express yourself in a mature manner.  If all of us do this... now...  it will certainly get someone's attention that suddenly there's an influx of letters about the inefficiency and lack of transparency of the USCIS.  There are no guarantees this will yield results but sitting on our hands certainly isn't helping.

Below is a link to Warren and Markey.  Click the Contact button for each and start exercising your rights.

https://www.senate.gov/states/MA/intro.htm

At this link, go down to Massachusetts and locate the representative for your district (if you don't already know who it is) and write that individual as well.

https://www.house.gov/representatives

It's time for activism.  It's time to voice your displeasure.  Calling up the USCIS and speaking to a Tier 2 agent is tantamount to hitting your head against a wall.  Don't even waste your time.

Hi Tastycake, I so agree with you. This is unacceptable. 

I am going to write a complain for so many reasons. What they are doing to us is not only unfair but emotional draining. I will for sure to write it from a critical race perspective but also using a woman view - the immigration law and how the treat me here is so patriarchal. The paradox is that we are based in Massachusetts! How ironic, right ? sure, all that discourse they have it here must be somehow reflected in practice, right !

Edited by Cata&Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends! I will be escalating it further by writing a petition (this one will go to Warren). In a nutshell, it will point  out that people are frustrated not just because it takes so long, but also because people with identical timelines are not processed in a similar (ish) way and there is no transparency or accountability towards the constituents. Do that, as part of my letter, I would love to include any stories you might have of any acquaintances of yours who applied at the same time as you, but have already had their N400 processed. If you could share those with me here, that would be great (no need to reveal personal identity details--sufficient to say, for example, AK applied in June 2022 and had their N400 interview in December 2022. You get the idea:)

Thanks so much for helping me/yourself/others out!

@rebnoe @TastyCake @Robbernosky @zanzala @JaBe007

Happy to share the text here, if anyone will be interested.

1 hour ago, Boundless_damsel said:

Hi friends! I will be escalating it further by writing a petition (this one will go to Warren). In a nutshell, it will point  out that people are frustrated not just because it takes so long, but also because people with identical timelines are not processed in a similar (ish) way and there is no transparency or accountability towards the constituents. Do that, as part of my letter, I would love to include any stories you might have of any acquaintances of yours who applied at the same time as you, but have already had their N400 processed. If you could share those with me here, that would be great (no need to reveal personal identity details--sufficient to say, for example, AK applied in June 2022 and had their N400 interview in December 2022. You get the idea:)

Thank you so much for including me in the group. Very much appreciated *sarcastic comment* 

4 minutes ago, Boundless_damsel said:

Sorry your tag was missing! Do you want me to add anything from your experience into the petition? Do you plan to write to a senator (I wrote to Markey)?

I have no interest in providing my data to you after what you have done. It is clear what you did. Good luck with your letter 😉 

Timeline
On 4/25/2023 at 11:11 AM, Boundless_damsel said:

sent you a DM.

K-1

NOA1: 01/25/2019

NOA2: 04/22/2019

I-485

NOA1: 07/25/2019

Interview: 11/21/2019 Approved

I-751

NOA1: 09/03/2021

Approved: 02/08/2024

N-400

NOA1:08/24/2022

Oath:02/21/2024

Ok friends, I think, after some (relatively cursory) research on VJ and other forums I regret to have reached the following conclusion:

Most people who had their I751 approved PRIOR to submitting their N400 at the Boston office, got approved within 6-7 months (on average).

Most people who submitted N400 WHILE their I751 was pending (regardless of how well-done the submission was)have been waiting for at least 8 months until adjudication (or likely much longer).

I wish I'd have better news to report.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am a little late to the conversation.....

Absolutely no movement on our case. 

751 received 04/20/21 (stuck in the NBC in MO vault)

400 received 03/13/22

Letter to Senator Markey three months ago. The feedback was Boston was going to schedule it once it is received and to reach out again in three..... 

But i know it is hard for Boston to receive when it is stuck in the vault. 

:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.