TastyCake

N400 status - Attention Boston filers !!!

160 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Boundless_damsel said:

Very interesting! I actually did use foia--in fact, that was my first course of action, before contacting the senator and the congresswoman. In my case, there were absolutely no notes - of any kind - on both of my applications. When did you make your FOIA request? I sent mine in in October and received it in November.

Jan 15 2023  reply Jan 30 2023

Notes ( active flag) mentioning that 751 was not processed yet and could not process unless had military exemption. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Boundless_damsel said:

Fascinating! I am very curious what are the caveats that they listed.

I had a similar experience - in fact, much worse -with Ayanna Presley. Completely unresponsive, I reached out five or six times, provided everything they needed, and they never followed through - and not only that, they failed to even respond to my multiple follow ups (I and more than happy to follow up a couple of times but when you follow up multiple times with no response that's just a complete lack of accountability par excellence and almost a parody for what being a people's representative mean).

I no longer have the email but sorta like 'we can't help you if... a)... b)... or c)... are true'

For example, if it is one FLIPPING nanosecond before the actual date/time you can inquiry on your case they will do zip.  That sort of thing.  Bottom line I didn't get a good feel from the note.  Add to this the fact that I think Warren is a world class hemorrhoid and it shouldn't surprise anyone that I went with Markey.  I don't think much of Markey either but the person from Markey's office is nice, polite and communicative.  Except for the last 2 or so weeks but she needs to wait for the liaison who probably doubles as sidewalk crack inspector.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Boundless_damsel said:

Very interesting! I actually did use foia--in fact, that was my first course of action, before contacting the senator and the congresswoman. In my case, there were absolutely no notes - of any kind - on both of my applications. When did you make your FOIA request? I sent mine in in October and received it in November.

When you say FOIA, is that the form we had to fill out to give the senator's office permission to inquire?  Or a separate form?

45 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

When you say FOIA, is that the form we had to fill out to give the senator's office permission to inquire?  Or a separate form?

Freedom of information act allows individual applicants to inquire about the decision-making process behind a specific case. It gives you access to all the documents you have submitted plus any annotations and stamps from the officer (s) reviewing it. In my case FOIA was not really helpful --it only showed my documents along with a time stamp when they were received. Essentially that meant that my documents were collecting dust and no one has touched them.

Timeline
On 6/2/2023 at 9:02 AM, Boundless_damsel said:

Both times I reached out to Markey, they took exactly 30 days to respond (apparently this is how long it takes for the USCIS person to get back with the requested information)

Yup. This exactly what I got--an identical response to yours

We just heard back today from Markey's office.  What a totally wasted exercise.  They merely informed the senator's office that both our cases are within normal processing times, etc.  They didn't say much and I am not even sure that their statement on our I-751 is even accurate.  In their communication back they indicated our I-751 is pending in Vermont but we have a transfer notice dated last October that categorically states our I-751 was transferred to the National Benefits Center.  So, did something change and it was transferred back to Vermont?  If so, we were never informed.

The person at the senator's office said we can write back in 90 days but I am simply not going to waste my time.  Public servants = {null set}.  The next time I take action it will set me back around $5k but I will ram my legal foot down the USCIS's throat.

1 hour ago, TastyCake said:

We just heard back today from Markey's office.  What a totally wasted exercise.  They merely informed the senator's office that both our cases are within normal processing times, etc.  They didn't say much and I am not even sure that their statement on our I-751 is even accurate.  In their communication back they indicated our I-751 is pending in Vermont but we have a transfer notice dated last October that categorically states our I-751 was transferred to the National Benefits Center.  So, did something change and it was transferred back to Vermont?  If so, we were never informed.

The person at the senator's office said we can write back in 90 days but I am simply not going to waste my time.  Public servants = {null set}.  The next time I take action it will set me back around $5k but I will ram my legal foot down the USCIS's throat.

Aha! So they follow a cookie cutting template... great! 30 days to respond, then wait for another 90 to reach out again, and 4 months fly by just like that! They are efficient at wasting time, what can I say! Matches my experience --both times I emailed them. @JaBe007--yours as well, right? @zanzala--did you end up writing?

1 hour ago, TastyCake said:

Love the null set reference. They sure are. I am planning on doing the same thing you are thinking of, it seems like, although I am thinking of doing it with a smaller price tag. Make sure you cover all bases though before doing the 5k leap (not doing so will not doom your legal attempt per se, but will make it slightly less convincing--although likely still very successful) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boundless_damsel said:

Love the null set reference. They sure are. I am planning on doing the same thing you are thinking of, it seems like, although I am thinking of doing it with a smaller price tag. Make sure you cover all bases though before doing the 5k leap (not doing so will not doom your legal attempt per se, but will make it slightly less convincing--although likely still very successful) 

One thing is for sure.  I will not entertain reaching out to the senator's office again.  I should have known better.

Aha! So they follow a cookie cutting template... great! 30 days to respond, then wait for another 90 to reach out again, and 4 months fly by just like that! They are efficient at wasting time, what can I say! Matches my experience --both times I emailed them. @JaBe007--yours as well, right? @zanzala--did you end up writing?

Wrote back to Markey since over 90 days have passed. I asked for them to let me know why it isn't a first come first served system and inquired about who was responsible for the organization as well.I am eagerly waiting for their response about my questions. 

I also wrote to Warren for the first time. 

If politicians truly care about people and are elected to serve the people they will be truthful about what is going on and how they are going to fix the issue we are all experiencing...I feel like this is just a misunderstanding and they will get down to the bottom of it.

Trust but verify! It takes a village! 

P. S

I wonder if those politicians will give us our money back for those applications since they are really really late and probably feel sorry about putting us in this situation and there lack of leadership ultimately put USCIS in this understaffed state.Lets be real why are these politicians encouraging  immigration if they cant even process applications well outside the normal timelines??? 

Sincerely,

Another 751 application trapped in the vault at the NBC and its never,ever getting out. 

The truth shall set you free! 

Edited by JaBe007

Timeline

8 months in for you with n400, right?

Correct.  Coming up on 8 months to be exact.  But as I explained to the woman at the senator's office, the bigger issue for us is the I-751.  That's coming up on 20 months.  The bozos at the USCIS can't even tell me the correct service center it is in.  Can you believe this fertilizer?

If my wife could at least have a legitimate green card without having to bring some half-a**ed, hokey-looking 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper with her that would be an improvement.  I told the woman if we could just get the I-751 case adjudicated (we sent in one hell of a package, it would be a slam dunk approval) we would be willing to wait the necessary time for the citizenship case to process.

You can see where that appeal got us.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, JaBe007 said:

Wrote back to Markey since over 90 days have passed. I asked for them to let me know why it isn't a first come first served system and inquired about who was responsible for the organization as well.I am eagerly waiting for their response about my questions. 

I also wrote to Warren for the first time. 

If politicians truly care about people and are elected to serve the people they will be truthful about what is going on and how they are going to fix the issue we are all experiencing...I feel like this is just a misunderstanding and they will get down to the bottom of it.

Trust but verify! It takes a village! 

P. S

I wonder if those politicians will give us our money back for those applications since they are really really late and probably feel sorry about putting us in this situation and there lack of leadership ultimately put USCIS in this understaffed state.Lets be real why are these politicians encouraging  immigration if they cant even process applications well outside the normal timelines??? 

Sincerely,

Another 751 application trapped in the vault at the NBC and its never,ever getting out. 

The truth shall set you free! 

I admire your intestinal fortitude.  I am not wasting my time with the senator's office anymore.  They are a waste of taxpayer money.  One of the best movie scenes I ever saw was in Mars Attacks when the aliens iced Congress.  Classic.  If only it could be true.

I am mentally preparing myself for the fact that this is going to take years, not months, for both our cases to be fully adjudicated.

Wow, I can't believe what I am reading here. I hope USICS isn't delaying your cases for contacting the congress representatives. One of the sad things about this is that we did the right thing. I am concerned now as to where our cases are. Some of the cases are lost in limbo...? If this is the case, is it because we applied to the N400?

Cata

Timeline

Please, keep us in the loop! Who knows, we might have to do the same at some point, and it helps to learn from others!

K-1

NOA1: 01/25/2019

NOA2: 04/22/2019

I-485

NOA1: 07/25/2019

Interview: 11/21/2019 Approved

I-751

NOA1: 09/03/2021

Interview: 02/08/2024

Approved: 02/08/2024

N-400

NOA1:08/24/2022

Interview: 02/08/2024

Oath:02/21/2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.