TastyCake

N400 status - Attention Boston filers !!!

160 posts in this topic

Timeline

I am curious- who is more helpful regarding immigration questions: Markey or Warren? 

K-1

NOA1: 01/25/2019

NOA2: 04/22/2019

I-485

NOA1: 07/25/2019

Interview: 11/21/2019 Approved

I-751

NOA1: 09/03/2021

Interview: 02/08/2024

Approved: 02/08/2024

N-400

NOA1:08/24/2022

Interview: 02/08/2024

Oath:02/21/2024

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
30 minutes ago, zanzala said:

I am curious- who is more helpful regarding immigration questions: Markey or Warren? 

Warren is useless.  Try Markey.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, JaBe007 said:

Hi All,

I am a little late to the conversation.....

Absolutely no movement on our case. 

751 received 04/20/21 (stuck in the NBC in MO vault)

400 received 03/13/22

Letter to Senator Markey three months ago. The feedback was Boston was going to schedule it once it is received and to reach out again in three..... 

But i know it is hard for Boston to receive when it is stuck in the vault. 

:(

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1) Can you please state precisely what the feedback was from the USCIS?  I am not sure I am following your previous post

2) How long was it between the time Markey's office reached out to the USCIS and a response was received?

image.thumb.png.f58efe4e8c79422ad968c0cb6d3b7b4d.png

1.)  

A review confirms your constituent’s Form I-751 application is currently pending alongside their Form N-400 application and will be processed simultaneously by their local field office at the time of the N-400 interview. 

Their Form N-400 application is currently awaiting interview scheduling by the Boston Field Office. Although the A-File is still physically located at the National Benefits Center (NBC), the scheduling of your constituent's interview is within the jurisdiction of the field office. Once the field office schedules this case for an interview, your constituent will receive an interview notice stating the date and time to appear for the scheduled interview. Once the interview is scheduled, the NBC will then forward the file to the field office. 

2.) Three weeks.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JaBe007 said:

1.)  

A review confirms your constituent’s Form I-751 application is currently pending alongside their Form N-400 application and will be processed simultaneously by their local field office at the time of the N-400 interview. 

Their Form N-400 application is currently awaiting interview scheduling by the Boston Field Office. Although the A-File is still physically located at the National Benefits Center (NBC), the scheduling of your constituent's interview is within the jurisdiction of the field office. Once the field office schedules this case for an interview, your constituent will receive an interview notice stating the date and time to appear for the scheduled interview. Once the interview is scheduled, the NBC will then forward the file to the field office. 

2.) Three weeks.

Thanks for the intel !  We're bracing ourselves for a similar response.  This is a couple of paragraphs stating the obvious.  What they don't explain is why they are a ridiculous, inefficient and useless government agency.

It's been over 4 weeks and we haven't heard fertilizer yet from the 'liaison'.

As I understand it, Markey's office is in the same building as the USCIS.  If it were me, I would take the elevator down and grab someone by the scruff of the neck and ask W T F ???!!!

Thanks again and good luck to you.

Edited by TastyCake

1 hour ago, TastyCake said:

Thanks for the intel !  We're bracing ourselves for a similar response.  This is a couple of paragraphs stating the obvious.  What they don't explain is why they are a ridiculous, inefficient and useless government agency.

It's been over 4 weeks and we haven't heard fertilizer yet from the 'liaison'.

As I understand it, Markey's office is in the same building as the USCIS.  If it were me, I would take the elevator down and grab someone by the scruff of the neck and ask W T F ???!!!

Thanks again and good luck to you.

Both times I reached out to Markey, they took exactly 30 days to respond (apparently this is how long it takes for the USCIS person to get back with the requested information)

1 hour ago, JaBe007 said:

1.)  

2.) Three weeks.

Yup. This exactly what I got--an identical response to yours

51 minutes ago, Boundless_damsel said:

Both times I reached out to Markey, they took exactly 30 days to respond (apparently this is how long it takes for the USCIS person to get back with the requested information)

How many people have the I751 application stuck in the NBC?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boundless_damsel said:

Did you try her?

I initially wrote to both but Warren's office replied several weeks after Markey's office did and it was a lukewarm response.  I am paraphrasing but basically the message was they can reach out for us but then listed a number of different caveats why they wouldn't be able to do anything.

The response from Markey's office was more supportive, no caveats.  Since only one senator can reach out for you at any given time I went with Markey.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boundless_damsel said:

I guess I am not expecting anything different for us.  It has been 31 days for us (as of today).  Nothing yet.

What bothers me is the lack of transparency and oversight with the USCIS.  This is just one nonsensical game after another.  What really burns my behind is seeing people in other offices getting quicker turnaround and this includes people who filed AFTER us.

I'm happy for them but what about us?  Why is Boston experiencing such atrophy?  We're paying the price for it's dysfunction ... making it's problem OUR problem... and that is simply not right.

So, it seems the senator's office is useless for yet another reason.

5 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

I guess I am not expecting anything different for us.  It has been 31 days for us (as of today).  Nothing yet.

What bothers me is the lack of transparency and oversight with the USCIS.  This is just one nonsensical game after another.  What really burns my behind is seeing people in other offices getting quicker turnaround and this includes people who filed AFTER us.

I'm happy for them but what about us?  Why is Boston experiencing such atrophy?  We're paying the price for it's dysfunction ... making it's problem OUR problem... and that is simply not right.

Fascinating! I am very curious what are the caveats that they listed.

I had a similar experience - in fact, much worse -with Ayanna Presley. Completely unresponsive, I reached out five or six times, provided everything they needed, and they never followed through - and not only that, they failed to even respond to my multiple follow ups (I and more than happy to follow up a couple of times but when you follow up multiple times with no response that's just a complete lack of accountability par excellence and almost a parody for what being a people's representative mean).

35 minutes ago, Boundless_damsel said:

Fascinating! I am very curious what are the caveats that they listed.

I had a similar experience - in fact, much worse -with Ayanna Presley. Completely unresponsive, I reached out five or six times, provided everything they needed, and they never followed through - and not only that, they failed to even respond to my multiple follow ups (I and more than happy to follow up a couple of times but when you follow up multiple times with no response that's just a complete lack of accountability par excellence and almost a parody for what being a people's representative mean).

Everyone should request your record under the freedom of information act. It has to get pulled out of the NBC so they can photo copy it. I did see some notes from Boston that they were awaiting the 751..... which is in the NBC "Covid 19 backlog vault"  and i guess eventually will get released to Boston so they can process the 751 with the 400 application that they have.( all speculation on my part)

First in First out doesn't apply to all those 751 applications stuck in the NBC, eventually they will be released when the catch up with the backlog...

Meanwhile..... 

Humor yourselves and look at the main USCIS page, they are actually encouraging applicants for other categories further straining the USCIS resources.... Who sets the policy of this organization?? I wonder if this will impact the release of our 751 applications, who is driving the bus?? 

4 minutes ago, JaBe007 said:

Everyone should request your record under the freedom of information act. It has to get pulled out of the NBC so they can photo copy it. I did see some notes from Boston that they were awaiting the 751..... which is in the NBC "Covid 19 backlog vault"  and i guess eventually will get released to Boston so they can process the 751 with the 400 application that they have.( all speculation on my part)

First in First out doesn't apply to all those 751 applications stuck in the NBC, eventually they will be released when the catch up with the backlog...

Meanwhile..... 

Humor yourselves and look at the main USCIS page, they are actually encouraging applicants for other categories further straining the USCIS resources.... Who sets the policy of this organization?? I wonder if this will impact the release of our 751 applications, who is driving the bus?? 

Very interesting! I actually did use foia--in fact, that was my first course of action, before contacting the senator and the congresswoman. In my case, there were absolutely no notes - of any kind - on both of my applications. When did you make your FOIA request? I sent mine in in October and received it in November.

2 hours ago, TastyCake said:

It is the Deep State! 😉 . I had made some inquiries about the delay with USCIS and unfortunately, their response was not very helpful. They warned me that if I continue to bother them, the process could be delayed further (in writing!). It's frustrating to see that these people aren't held accountable for their actions. At this moment, I decided to wait patiently instead of disturbing my travel plans for work and vacation. I know it's disheartening to see that we did everything right by applying for the K1 visa, but we're still being treated this way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.