Hopeful2022

Reapplying for petition

97 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Yes.  My “resident since date” evolved over time.  At my I-485 interview, I was approved on the spot and given an I-551 stamp dated July 8.  By the time by green card arrive 5 months later, my resident since date became July 26.  After my second green card it became August 19.  

I am not sure but I think the reason why the 3rd CBP let me board because he took the time to look my name in there system. If 2010 was really my gc issue date then the expiration of my gc is 2020 plus I renewed my gc and the i 797 form says it extended the expiration 24 months from issue date which makes it 2022. I am thankful to the manager who tried to call another CBP. She said if the 3rd cbp said no then they’re sending me back home. 

3 minutes ago, Hopeful2022 said:

I am not sure but I think the reason why the 3rd CBP let me board because he took the time to look my name in there system. If 2010 was really my gc issue date then the expiration of my gc is 2020 plus I renewed my gc and the i 797 form says it extended the expiration 24 months from issue date which makes it 2022. I am thankful to the manager who tried to call another CBP. She said if the 3rd cbp said no then they’re sending me back home. 

My silent cheering you on when you posted the cranky -only-one-on-duty CBP officer response was to tell you to wait for his shift to change and try again. 

But they have also hung up on passenger callers and you needed the support of the airline staff..so yes that was a small miracle in itself. 

Keep every bit of info you learned safely stored away and use when/if necessary ( LPR dates on card or told to 3rd party)

Your armor is the resource/memo from @Mike E …though I love the beeline  to kiosk suggesting, they may have alerted for a secondary inspection. 

Stay simple and focused on 

You never intended to  abandoned 

Original departure was for short duration

Difficult circumstances 

You will be fine..and remember they can either tell /threaten you w will detain you or actually do it for a few hours /days.

Keep your cool . You made it home! 

1 hour ago, Family said:

My silent cheering you on when you posted the cranky -only-one-on-duty CBP officer response was to tell you to wait for his shift to change and try again. 

But they have also hung up on passenger callers and you needed the support of the airline staff..so yes that was a small miracle in itself. 

Keep every bit of info you learned safely stored away and use when/if necessary ( LPR dates on card or told to 3rd party)

Your armor is the resource/memo from @Mike E …though I love the beeline  to kiosk suggesting, they may have alerted for a secondary inspection. 

Stay simple and focused on 

You never intended to  abandoned 

Original departure was for short duration

Difficult circumstances 

You will be fine..and remember they can either tell /threaten you w will detain you or actually do it for a few hours /days.

Keep your cool . You made it home! 

yes i think they flagged me for secondary inspection already

thank u so much everyone for helping me.. i will keep u posted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, Family said:

They can detain because they have firearms.

But it is against published policy:

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-3671?language=en_US#:~:text=The CBP officer will collect,final determination on your case

You can contest the abandonment charge in immigration court. To do this, you will need to inform the CBP officer that you would like to appear before an immigration judge and check the appropriate box on form I-862 (Notice to Appear), which will be provided to you. The CBP officer will collect your actual green card, but will give you a temporary replacement document that confirms that you continue to be a permanent resident of the United States (until the immigration judge makes a final determination on your case). You will then be paroled into the United States. With the temporary replacement document, you will retain the ability to leave and re-enter the United States and work in the United States while your immigration court proceedings are pending.

The emboldened are inconsistent with being detained for days, though I will concede that the laws of physics do not preclude this. Even U.S. citizens can be detained for days by CBP.

I went to secondary… 

i was given i -193 with fees waived? I was soooooo nervous i almost peed my pants and I could not understand there explanation. they did not take my GC. They told me to come to my biometric. Does this mean I’m ok? My passports was stamp as admitted ‘LPR’ with 193.  I’m just waiting to be picked up by my relative. 

will I undergo interrogation again at the biometrics? 

Edited by Hopeful2022

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hopeful2022 said:

This what I found about the kiosk 

F87F7261-488A-4C9D-A4C2-44E15AB44555.jpeg

What can I say? That isn’t what is being reported for the facial recognition kiosks.  If you don’t want to try that’s fine. A famous immigrant to America once said you miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.  

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Hopeful2022 said:

I went to secondary… 

i was given i -193 with fees waived? I was soooooo nervous i almost peed my pants and I could not understand there explanation. they did not take my GC. They told me to come to my biometric.

Is this a biometric at a CBP office or a USCIS office?

Does this mean I’m ok?

You were admitted as a returning resident. You are ok. Congratulations. 

My passports was stamp as admitted ‘LPR’ with 193.

good. 

I doubt it. 

Edited by Mike E

1 hour ago, Hopeful2022 said:

went to secondary… 

i was given i -193 with fees waived? I was soooooo nervous i almost peed my pants and I could not understand there explanation. they did not take my GC. They told me to come to my biometric. Does this mean I’m ok? My passports was stamp as admitted ‘LPR’ with 193.  I’m just waiting to be picked up by my relative. 

You did it!!! Congratulations . 
When you say you were “ given” I-193 w fee waiver…are you saying they gave you a blank form to fill out and send out? 
I lean to they issued and approved an I-193 on the spot and all you need to do is the biometrics  for the I-90 renewal .or they gave you a separate paper .please clarify. 
Biometrics will be at ASC ! 

They will not touch your green card ! 

On 11/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, Chancy said:

assume your GC is a 10-year one?  If so, just book your flight to the US and go.  The sooner, the better.  Bring a print-out of the following CBP memo and show to the airline check-in staff if they complain about your expired GC -- https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2021-Dec/Reminder- LPR Boarding 20210305.pdf

Just realized @Chancy spearheaded this thread! Nice job and a very thrilled young man who won’t miss out on the next 20 plus years waiting for dad to petition again

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

What can I say? That isn’t what is being reported for the facial recognition kiosks.  If you don’t want to try that’s fine. A famous immigrant to America once said you miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.  

There were kiosk at the airport but it says global entry. I went to see CBP.

1 hour ago, Family said:

You did it!!! Congratulations . 
When you say you were “ given” I-193 w fee waiver…are you saying they gave you a blank form to fill out and send out? 
I lean to they issued and approved an I-193 on the spot and all you need to do is the biometrics  for the I-90 renewal .or they gave you a separate paper .please clarify. 
Biometrics will be at ASC ! 

They will not touch your green card ! 

What is ASC? the i 193 is already filled up with my information. They typed it. I just signed it. 

4 minutes ago, Hopeful2022 said:

CBP at the airport filled up the i 193 and i signed it. they told me to don’t forget to go to my biometrics which is in my i

Perfect! There will be no interrogations/ questions at biometrics

. You are free and clear. Hopefully you keep posting on VJ and help others find the courage you tappped into. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.