JojoandTomas

NOVEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

97 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, Cheddy said:

No you are all good. I did the same thing, scheduled my interview before my instructions were received. As long as you receive the instructions before the interview date, you will be fine. If you do not receive them, your interview is automatically canceled.

There will be two more ready's. The only thing you will see change on the CEAC website is "date of last update". on the Third ready, you usually receive the instructions the same day.

Mine:

Jan 9th: Case Arrived to Embassy - First Ready
Jan 9th: Submitted DS-160
Jan 10th: Paid Fees, Signed up for Appointment on Feb 17th
Jan 11th: Made Medical Appointment for Jan 20th
Jan 18th: Second Ready Received
Jan 19th: Third Ready Received - Instructions received

Jan 20th: Medical Exam

Jan 24th: Picked up Medical Results

Our appointment is next week!

How do you schedule an interview, and how do you move on with the application if you only have a NVC Case number but not an Invoice ID

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chelseafan67 said:

How do you schedule an interview, and how do you move on with the application if you only have a NVC Case number but not an Invoice ID

Invoice ID doesn't exist for K1 visas. That's for a different visa.

All you need, is to have submitted your DS-160 and you're good to go.

The instructions will include the link of where you need to go to create an online account and schedule your interview.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/

You go there. choose your embassy. choose non-immigrant visa (if it's a k1), and then hit the green button that says "login"

and that's the site where you will be scheduling your interview.

The instructions include this information, however you don't need to wait for the instructions.

Edited by Cheddy

On 2/9/2023 at 5:12 PM, LA1234 said:

Hi All,

Has anyone else just received the NVC case number without the Invoice ID Number from NVC through an email with a message that states "You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy"? When you log into the CEAC Visa Status it just says its "AT NVC". They tell you to log in to the website ceac.state.gov/iv but you will need an Invoice ID number to do so. Was wondering if others are on the same boat and what this means and what the next step is to get that Invoice ID Number.

Thanks

Same here, we just got our case number today after a looooong wait (NOA2 November 2, 2022!), but not the Invoice ID Number. How can we sign in at the https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx without it? What are we to do, except inquiry (again!) 😟 So frustrating!

9 minutes ago, Chelseafan67 said:

we just got our case number today after a looooong wait (NOA2 November 2, 2022!), but not the Invoice ID Number. How can we sign in at the https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx without it?

No need for K1 to sign in to CEAC, so no need for invoice ID.  CEAC login is only for immigrant visa cases like CR1/IR1.  K1 just need case number to check CEAC status via -- https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Prior to K1 visa interview, select visa type = "IMMIGRANT".  Some time after interview, switch to "NONIMMIGRANT".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Our case status changed to "In Transit" and we received our letter from the NVC stating it was being transferred.  When I logged into our status in CEAC, it stated "Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center".  Did anyone else get this message?  We weren't provided an interview date by NVC and the embassy stated that we weren't able to choose our interview date, but that it would be assigned to us.  Did this happen to anyone else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Katie Stewart said:

Our case status changed to "In Transit" and we received our letter from the NVC stating it was being transferred.  When I logged into our status in CEAC, it stated "Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center".  Did anyone else get this message?  We weren't provided an interview date by NVC and the embassy stated that we weren't able to choose our interview date, but that it would be assigned to us.  Did this happen to anyone else?

yes we got the same message

I think its too early and we have to wait some time before the embassy contacts us to set an interview date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Does anyone ever got RFE email from NVC before? To submit more documents that you didn't included in your K1 application (but still got approval by USCIS) like affidavit of support and supporting financial informations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
On 2/15/2023 at 12:35 AM, grumpypiggy said:

Does anyone ever got RFE email from NVC before? To submit more documents that you didn't included in your K1 application (but still got approval by USCIS) like affidavit of support and supporting financial informations.

My understanding is that those are documents that will be required for the K-1 interview.  I believe that only other types of visa applicants need to submit those documents to NVC... unless you're saying that you got an RFE from NVC?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Katie Stewart said:

My understanding is that those are documents that will be required for the K-1 interview.  I believe that only other types of visa applicants need to submit those documents to NVC... unless you're saying that you got an RFE from NVC?

Ahhh I see, thanks for explaining!! I did not get RFE from NVC, just a little worried that our case might be delayed due to lack of financial support docs at NVC...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NVC forwarded our case to the embassy on Feb 14.

I sent an inquiry to the embassy and yesterday they replied via email and said: "Your fiancé visa case is now ready for final processing" and they included steps(obtain police certificate, medical exam, DS-160, etc)

Neither me nor my Fiance got a Welcome Letter, some people have said NVC sends the welcome letter while others say the welcome letter is sent by the embassy after they receive your case.

The embassy's instructions do not mention anything about logging into CEAC using an invoice ID(which would be in the welcome letter), the instructions say goto https://in.usembassy.gov/ create a user account and pay your nonimmigrant K visa fee online

Can anyone help me

Hi, everyone 😊

I just got the e-mail from the consulate, that I believe it's the packet 3. I'll write down some informations about my case that I believe can help other people 😊

1- Our NOA2 date was november 05th, 2022. Two weeks later, we started weekly inquiries on NVC website to get case number and invoice ID.

2- We got case number, invoice ID and benefitiary number on january 19th, 2023. We didn't need this invoice ID or benefitiary number for anything so far.

3- My fiance, the petitoner, got an e-mail from NVC forwarded to me saying our case was sent to the consulate on january 31st, 2023. We didn't get any wellcome letter, and it seems not be necessary. As long as you get your case number, you can log in to ceac. On this date, we started to fille the ds-160. Apparently, the ceac thing that you need the case number to log in is not really important before your interview, I think this is basicaly only for you to check where your case is, but it's a little confusing anyways. Wasn't very helpful to us. We didn't need it not even for the ds-160, only the petiton number (WACxxxxxxxxxx).

4- On february 2nd, the ceac updated to "ready", so we started to do weekly inquiries directly to the consulate here in Brazil. They responded quickly, but always saying they didn't have our case yet. Last update on ceac remained on the same date for a long time.

5- On february 4th we decided to schedule my interview anyways, and that was the best decision, because the closest date available was april 10th, 2023. I would encourage any couple in the phase to do the same, because if you have a terrible luck and don't get the packet 3 on time, you can reschedule the interview. So why not??

This is the website we used: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/iv/information/iv_services

6- Today, february 23rd, 2023, I saw that the last update on ceac changed, and later we both, me AND my fiance, got the e-mail with instructions from the consulate, as I mentioned before. Both e-mail were exactly the same: it's a confirmation that they received the case and some explanations about ds-160, fees, documents, ASC and doctor's appointment...... basicaly things that most of us already know. We did not get any physical correspondence since the NOA2.

That's it for now. I hope it helps 😊

Edited by AneB

10 hours ago, AneB said:

Hi, everyone 😊

I just got the e-mail from the consulate, that I believe it's the packet 3. I'll write down some informations about my case that I believe can help other people 😊

1- Our NOA2 date was november 05th, 2022. Two weeks later, we started weekly inquiries on NVC website to get case number and invoice ID.

2- We got case number, invoice ID and benefitiary number on january 19th, 2023. We didn't need this invoice ID or benefitiary number for anything so far.

3- My fiance, the petitoner, got an e-mail from NVC forwarded to me saying our case was sent to the consulate on january 31st, 2023. We didn't get any wellcome letter, and it seems not be necessary. As long as you get your case number, you can log in to ceac. On this date, we started to fille the ds-160. Apparently, the ceac thing that you need the case number to log in is not really important before your interview, I think this is basicaly only for you to check where your case is, but it's a little confusing anyways. Wasn't very helpful to us. We didn't need it not even for the ds-160, only the petiton number (WACxxxxxxxxxx).

4- On february 2nd, the ceac updated to "ready", so we started to do weekly inquiries directly to the consulate here in Brazil. They responded quickly, but always saying they didn't have our case yet. Last update on ceac remained on the same date for a long time.

5- On february 4th we decided to schedule my interview anyways, and that was the best decision, because the closest date available was april 10th, 2023. I would encourage any couple in the phase to do the same, because if you have a terrible luck and don't get the packet 3 on time, you can reschedule the interview. So why not??

This is the website we used: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/iv/information/iv_services

6- Today, february 23rd, 2023, I saw that the last update on ceac changed, and later we both, me AND my fiance, got the e-mail with instructions from the consulate, as I mentioned before. Both e-mail were exactly the same: it's a confirmation that they received the case and some explanations about ds-160, fees, documents, ASC and doctor's appointment...... basicaly things that most of us already know. We did not get any physical correspondence since the NOA2.

That's it for now. I hope it helps 😊

Awesome.

Thank you so much.

If you see my timeline, our case was sent to the Rio embassy at the same time, and we got the same Interview date.

Unfortunately we still haven't received anything from the consulate. 

We hope to hear something either tomorrow or next week.😢.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.