J&D1008

NOVEMBER 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

215 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, JaredShadkin said:

I believe that when you download the Tax Transcripts from IRS.gov, the SSN will be redacted.

I choose not to redact the SSN or other information, as the documents were delivered in person and felt there was limited to no risk of that information being compromised. 

You can search "Redacted SSN" on VJ to see what other members have done. 

Thank you for the information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An unrelated post was split from this thread and moved to the K-1 Process forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, 1journey said:

Question about Form I-134. On page 6, "Information About the Individual Agreeing to Financially Support the Beneficiary"; Under Income #14, Am I writing my annual income in the column "Income Contribution to the Beneficiary Annually"? 

Thank you.

You should provide the income you received on your last tax return, which should be 2022 (unless you pre-filed for 2023).

If the income on your tax return shows $100,000, then Income Contribution to the Beneficiary Annually should be $100,000.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/18/2024 at 9:26 AM, JaredShadkin said:

I believe that when you download the Tax Transcripts from IRS.gov, the SSN will be redacted.

I choose not to redact the SSN or other information, as the documents were delivered in person and felt there was limited to no risk of that information being compromised. 

You can search "Redacted SSN" on VJ to see what other members have done. 

Hey all, can someone help! I am kinda freaking out because my interview is booked for March 13. I recieved packet 4 from the montreal embassy via email today saying that I need to bring the following to me to the interview - which mentions something to do with the DS-260 and the checklist does not indicate anything to do with whats included for K1 visa interview (see attached). I am going for k1 visa interview.... Is this just generic or do you think something went wrong somewhere along the lines? 

Screenshot_20240227_152420_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20240227_152410_Email.jpg

Timeline
19 minutes ago, MelKJ said:

Hey all, can someone help! I am kinda freaking out because my interview is booked for March 13. I recieved packet 4 from the montreal embassy via email today saying that I need to bring the following to me to the interview - which mentions something to do with the DS-260 and the checklist does not indicate anything to do with whats included for K1 visa interview (see attached). I am going for k1 visa interview.... Is this just generic or do you think something went wrong somewhere along the lines? 

Screenshot_20240227_152420_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20240227_152410_Email.jpg

That is a generic email with information related to Immigrant Visas.

As K-1 is technically a Non-Immigrant Visa, the requirements are slightly different. 

Please see Page 7/7, K-1 Specific Information.

Keep in mind this information could be outdated - although all was the same for me.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

Edited by JaredShadkin

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JaredShadkin said:

That is a generic email with information related to Immigrant Visas.

As K-1 is technically a Non-Immigrant Visa, the requirements are slightly different. 

Please see Page 7/7, K-1 Specific Information.

Keep in mind this information could be outdated - although all was the same for me.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

Okay phew! Thanks for your response! I did it a bit a different way where I booked the visa interview prior to receiving packet 3 or 4 (even though it says not to, but thought id give it a shot). So my packet 4 from the embassy was slightly different than the usual probably because I had already booked and in the email, they provided me with my interview date. I just started freaking out when I saw the ds-260 request as it didn't mention anything about the ds-160 or letters of intent to marry within 90days and such. However when I did packet 3 that was all on my checklist...

11 hours ago, MelKJ said:

Okay phew! Thanks for your response! I did it a bit a different way where I booked the visa interview prior to receiving packet 3 or 4 (even though it says not to, but thought id give it a shot). So my packet 4 from the embassy was slightly different than the usual probably because I had already booked and in the email, they provided me with my interview date. I just started freaking out when I saw the ds-260 request as it didn't mention anything about the ds-160 or letters of intent to marry within 90days and such. However when I did packet 3 that was all on my checklist...

LOL...I was freaking out about the DS-260 as well a few days ago. Didn't need another intent letter. Also, the only income documents they accept are signed tax returns or tax transcripts. However, each embassy can request different documents. Have more than you might need. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, 1journey said:

LOL...I was freaking out about the DS-260 as well a few days ago. Didn't need another intent letter. Also, the only income documents they accept are signed tax returns or tax transcripts. However, each embassy can request different documents. Have more than you might need. 

Thank you for your response:) so I am assuming you didn't do a ds-260 either because that's not for a K1 related visa:) 

I appreciate your help:)

2 hours ago, MelKJ said:

Thank you for your response:) so I am assuming you didn't do a ds-260 either because that's not for a K1 related visa:) 

I appreciate your help:)

No, the DS-260 is not required. From what I heard, it seemed like the people who had their fiance with them at the interview were asked fewer questions. Also, they did not ask for current information about the relationship, pictures, flights, etc. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, 1journey said:

No, the DS-260 is not required. From what I heard, it seemed like the people who had their fiance with them at the interview were asked fewer questions. Also, they did not ask for current information about the relationship, pictures, flights, etc. 

Okay thanks for putting me at ease!!! Cool cool! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline
On 2/16/2024 at 9:40 AM, JaredShadkin said:

I am unable to answer your 1st question.

As for #2, most K1 applicants and their finances normally live in a different countries and as a result, only the beneficiary attends the interview.

In my case, since we lived together, I emailed the embassy in Madrid and inquired if I could attend - to which they responded “Yes.” 

Although I attended, I wasn’t asked any questions and was asked to sit down while my fiance was being briefly interviewed. 

If you’d like to attend, email the embassy and ask first. 

You were in a different room or the same room during the interview?

Timeline
35 minutes ago, happyscrub said:

You were in a different room or the same room during the interview?

In the Madrid Embassy there is one big waiting room with various windows on the sides (#1 to #15). 

Although we went up together to the window, the officer asked me to sit down so that he could ask a few quick questions to my then-fiancé.

All concluded in two minutes. 

I understand it may work completely differently in each embassy, but we were approved on 2/27. It was mentioned that the next step was that we would receive an email. It has been over a week, and we still have not received that email. We did select to have the visas sent to another location. I know it will be a few weeks before we receive them, but we still have not received the email. Do you have any information about this? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.