maria22

Process for Venezuelans Timeline and questions!

79 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is an interesting situation and admittedly there seems little info well that I have seen, probably because it is very political 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 11/16/2022 at 4:37 PM, maria22 said:

hey guys I just made it. Got paroled and I am finally safe. I landed in Miami and the whole process with the CBP did not take more than 30 mins :)

Congratulations. You managed to get in early enough to get processed quickly. I submitted on 10/31/22 and STILL have yet to be approved.

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline
23 hours ago, KevinA74 said:

Congratulations. You managed to get in early enough to get processed quickly. I submitted on 10/31/22 and STILL have yet to be approved.

That's insane. I only got it so fast because we filled out the form the very first day. I hope you guys get approved soon. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 11/11/2022 at 7:27 PM, maria22 said:

Oh god. I am so sorry to hear this. What vaccine did she got in Vnzla?

Guys, Here is a list of Covid Vaccines. Only the ones approved for the OMS are valid in Colombia. Basically Sinopharm or Sinovac if you got it in Venezuela. 

Also, I called my airline and they told me Colombia is requesting 3 doses... Although the guy who talked with me over the phone with me was not really sure about this. I don't think is true.

Okay, I'm sure that your relatives are already here in us by this time. And I am glad I didn't read this before sending my brother to Colombia; I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out (AND, from a Venezuelan Standpoint .. a valid feeling).

After reading and reading and breaking down the USCIS statement, I asked my brother to get a vaccine approved by the WHO in Venezuela; one available is Sinopharm, a Chinese vaccine. Received 12/5/22 first dose. Traveled to USA 12/21. Second dose was supposed 12/25/22. 

He traveled via BUS from Valencia to Cucuta - Entry and exit stamp in Colombian migration. Note: Venezuela migration does not stamp your exit passport if it is expired. And Cucuta-bog-Miami via AVIANCA. No issues. I hope this update helps someone!

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
On 12/17/2022 at 9:44 AM, KevinA74 said:

I filled it out on the 10/25 Still have not received the approval, would nice to keep a timeline. I will update you when and if we get approved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 minutes ago, KevinA74 said:

Our I-134 was approved!

Congratulations!  :dance: 

6 minutes ago, KevinA74 said:

it felt like an eternity

There's our eternity, and there's USCIS's eternity -- two different animals altogether.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 2/7/2023 at 7:36 PM, Kyleandandrea said:

Thanks, we are just waiting on her work authorization, you are always waiting on something with immigration...lol.

Same boat. What frustration.

Edited by PilsenC

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.