maria22

Process for Venezuelans Timeline and questions!

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, maria22 said:

"The process is capped at 24,000 beneficiaries. After this cap

is reached, DHS will not approve additional beneficiaries..." It seems like DHS will only approve 24,000 travel authorizations. I don't think it will approve more than that. So the scenario of traveling with the travel authorization and not being granted parole at the POE because the 24,000 cap was reached already would be unlikely. But that's just my opinion. 

Thank you for that link. I agree with your assessment but I'm not a lawyer and much less a policy enforcer. One thing I did see is that this program is conditioned on Mexico willingly accepting removed Venezuelans. Not sure how likely that would be to change but it is just another point of uncertainty.

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 minute ago, AeroRedBaron said:

Thank you for that link. I agree with your assessment but I'm not a lawyer and much less a policy enforcer. One thing I did see is that this program is conditioned on Mexico willingly accepting removed Venezuelans. Not sure how likely that would be to change but it is just another point of uncertainty.

Unluckily we just need to wait for more info... It seems like mexican govt is pushing for more than 24k beneficiaries too. 

Timeline
On 10/23/2022 at 10:49 PM, CyThk said:

Hi, I’m filling the form I-134,  but they need the beneficiary have passport valid ( not expired).

Are you fill with passport not expired?

thanks

Were you able to fill the form? Found out that, when filling the form, you only need to add 5 years from the date of your expiration. Let's say you have a passport without prorroga, and the expiration date is "26/10/2020". In that case you need to fill the form with "26/10/2025" instead.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 10/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, Elvis&Sky said:

Ahhhh I see! Yeah, I was wondering if the 24,000 was based on the amount of travel authorizations they issued, or the I-134s they approved. It would be nice if they could clarify 😣 I read an article somewhere saying USCIS approved like 7,500 so far but only a little over 100 Venezuelans have arrived using the travel authorization. But again, I don’t know if that 7,500 are the travel authorizations or the I-134s only.

Edit: I see 7,500 sponsor applications have been submitted, a few hundred of those have been approved. 

Hi, Im sorry if I am missing something but how do you know that 7,500 sponsor applications have been submitted?

***********UPDATE*****

Fnd a source 

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/mexico-migrant-crossings-rules-venezuela-91886465 

Edited by PilsenC

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Quick question, my beneficiaries dont have their vaccination records. They can get new vaccinations but polio is a problem since that is only given to children there and no one can give them a proof of vaccine. Do you know if they are asking for proof of vaccination at POE or is the attestation sufficient?

Timeline
2 hours ago, AeroRedBaron said:

Quick question, my beneficiaries dont have their vaccination records. They can get new vaccinations but polio is a problem since that is only given to children there and no one can give them a proof of vaccine. Do you know if they are asking for proof of vaccination at POE or is the attestation sufficient?

Ukranians were not asked for proof of vaccination at POE, that's all I know. So far it seems like the only thing you need is your passport and travel authorization document! 

On 10/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, maria22 said:

Were you able to fill the form? Found out that, when filling the form, you only need to add 5 years from the date of your expiration. Let's say you have a passport without prorroga, and the expiration date is "26/10/2020". In that case you need to fill the form with "26/10/2025" instead.

Yes, thanks I’m waiting for bank statements now.

Other question, I fill for family visa f2b 6 years ago for my disability son , can I sponsor he now and after do AOC ( adjust of status) here?

Does anyone else have a timeline? Just curious to see everyone else’s. I sent 2 applications for my parents on 10/22 but still haven’t gotten a decision. Seems like it was a quick turnaround for some

I was wondering if anyone can answer a few questions I have about the I-134 form. 1) Should I list my beneficiary as a dependent even if she is not currently financially dependent on me? I'm still a little confused about this because I've seen some people who do and some who don't. 2) Would a monthly social security check count as an asset? and 3) If the beneficiary is paroled, is there a time limit when they would have to leave to the U.S.?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Individuals granted parole under this process generally will be paroled into the United States for a period of up to 2 years, subject to applicable health and vetting requirements, and will be eligible to apply for employment authorization under existing regulations.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
10 hours ago, KevinA74 said:

I was wondering if anyone can answer a few questions I have about the I-134 form. 1) Should I list my beneficiary as a dependent even if she is not currently financially dependent on me? I'm still a little confused about this because I've seen some people who do and some who don't. 2) Would a monthly social security check count as an asset? and 3) If the beneficiary is paroled, is there a time limit when they would have to leave to the U.S.?

Hey! 

1) No, my sponsor didn't list me as dependent. 

2) No idea. They didn't list any asset either mine or theirs, just the sponsor income... 

3) I didn't understand this question. Generally paroles are for 2 years only. In the Beneficiary's Anticipated Length of Stay section they said "No end date".

My sponsor watch this video to learn how to fill the form correctly (althought the youtuber is only filling a pdf version. Sponsors under the Process for Venezuelans need to fill the I-134 online). 

Timeline
On 10/28/2022 at 6:35 AM, Landsend1 said:

Does anyone else have a timeline? Just curious to see everyone else’s. I sent 2 applications for my parents on 10/22 but still haven’t gotten a decision. Seems like it was a quick turnaround for some

Hey, you can check these comments 

4 hours ago, maria22 said:

Hey! 

1) No, my sponsor didn't list me as dependent. 

2) No idea. They didn't list any asset either mine or theirs, just the sponsor income... 

3) I didn't understand this question. Generally paroles are for 2 years only. In the Beneficiary's Anticipated Length of Stay section they said "No end date".

My sponsor watch this video to learn how to fill the form correctly (althought the youtuber is only filling a pdf version. Sponsors under the Process for Venezuelans need to fill the I-134 online). 

Thank you for the feedback. I understand that parole lasts 2 years. My question is, once the I-134 is approved, and they are free to travel to the United States, is there a time limit when they must leave? I would assume it wouldn't be a good idea to delay too long after it is approved.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, KevinA74 said:

Thank you for the feedback. I understand that parole lasts 2 years. My question is, once the I-134 is approved, and they are free to travel to the United States, is there a time limit when they must leave? I would assume it wouldn't be a good idea to delay too long after it is approved.

Ohh. No, under this process the beneficiary only receives a Travel Authorization to seek parole in USA. That Travel Authorization document would state when would be the expiration day, which is 90 days from the moment the beneficiary gets approved and receives the document. The parole you refer to is granted at POE.

Edit: The earlier they leave, the better. We don't know how the 24.000 cap works.

Edited by maria22

Sponsor here... Quick Question:

My sponsor application was approved on Friday, but I must have made a type-o on one of the passport numbers. When my beneficiary family created the accounts and attempted to fill out their forms, they saw that one of the passports was missing a "0". 

There was a box we could check on their form saying the passport number is incorrect. The instructions then said to upload a copy of the passport to the "unsolicited evidence" section and send a note via their USCIS inbox. We did both of those things over the weekend. There is a stern warning not to submit until we get a message back and the change has been approved. 

Has anyone else had experience like this and any idea on the timeline? Or maybe what we could do to speed up their review of the evidence and adjustment. I've been looking in the Ukrainian Parole discussion boards and a few folks mentioned speaking with a tier 2 representative, which I am not sure exactly how to do. But I am researching now, and will do the call with my beneficiary's family. Any advice would be appreciated. I hate that my mistake is affecting this family's immigration process, and I am trying to do whatever I can for USCIS to change the number and allow them to move forward. 

Edited by johng47

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.