maria22

Process for Venezuelans Timeline and questions!

79 posts in this topic

Has anybody had any trouble loading their case page? it shows that the decision was posted, when I try to go on the website, the case shows up and then disappears. Not sure if there's an error right now with the website or if this just means it was denied?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hey all, my in laws and friend will make their flights to the U.S. a little after midnight, so I'll post with an update on questions they were asked. Just a heads up, if anyone takes a bus into Colombia, makes sure you receive a stamp in your passport; my in laws were not allowed to board their Cucuta - Bogota flight without it, and had to return to the border to get it.

Our AOS Journey:

09/02/2016- Sent AOS Paperwork to Chicago lockbox (I-485, I-765, I-131)

09/05/2016- Paperwork received by Chicago lockbox

09/08/2016- NOA1 Texts Received

09/10/2016- NOA1s received in the mail

09/24/2016- Received biometrics letter in the mail for October 3, 2016

09/30/2016- Biometrics completed (walk-in, Tukwila)

10/01/2016- Notice of Request for Initial Evidence via text (I-485)

10/06/2016- Received RFIE in the Mail for I-864, Sent back response

10/12/2016- RFIE Received by USCIS

10/25-26/2016- Approval and Card Being Produced for EAD/AP

11/04/2016- Case Status changed to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview'

11/07/2016- Case Status changed to ' Card was Mailed To Me'

11/10/2016- EAD/AP Card Received in Hand

03/16/2017- AOS Interview!!

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 hours ago, Elvis&Sky said:

Hey all, my in laws and friend will make their flights to the U.S. a little after midnight, so I'll post with an update on questions they were asked. Just a heads up, if anyone takes a bus into Colombia, makes sure you receive a stamp in your passport; my in laws were not allowed to board their Cucuta - Bogota flight without it, and had to return to the border to get it.

Good luck!! 

Does anybody know anyone that has been granted parole at customs without the travel authorization? I applied for two family members. One without visa got their travel approved, other without a visa got the travel denied. Would they be turned away at the border? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How would they get on a plane without documentation?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Update everyone; my husband's friend made it to his layover safely and is on his last flight to Seattle. He said going through customs/immigration in Dallas was pretty easy. He was only asked maybe 2 or 3 questions, and waited maybe an hour or so. So pretty good experience for him! Unfortunately the same cannot be same for my brother and mother in law. They're currently stuck in Bogota for two weeks because MIL did not have an approved vaccine. They tried to show Colombian staff there that the notice states she can travel even with the unapproved vaccine, she would just restart the series here, but the staff was not having it, and they were denied boarding 😡. MIL is going to try and get Moderna today, and we'll count 14 days from today. So if you're traveling through Colombia, please make sure you have an approved vaccine, otherwise you WILL be denied boarding, despite what the I-134 says. I'll update again once they're able to board in a few weeks.

Our AOS Journey:

09/02/2016- Sent AOS Paperwork to Chicago lockbox (I-485, I-765, I-131)

09/05/2016- Paperwork received by Chicago lockbox

09/08/2016- NOA1 Texts Received

09/10/2016- NOA1s received in the mail

09/24/2016- Received biometrics letter in the mail for October 3, 2016

09/30/2016- Biometrics completed (walk-in, Tukwila)

10/01/2016- Notice of Request for Initial Evidence via text (I-485)

10/06/2016- Received RFIE in the Mail for I-864, Sent back response

10/12/2016- RFIE Received by USCIS

10/25-26/2016- Approval and Card Being Produced for EAD/AP

11/04/2016- Case Status changed to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview'

11/07/2016- Case Status changed to ' Card was Mailed To Me'

11/10/2016- EAD/AP Card Received in Hand

03/16/2017- AOS Interview!!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Landsend1 said:

Does anybody know anyone that has been granted parole at customs without the travel authorization? I applied for two family members. One without visa got their travel approved, other without a visa got the travel denied. Would they be turned away at the border? 

I am sorry to hear that.

I have seen a bunch of people with the same question. They don't get travel authorization because this is extraordinary process for people who, in normal circuntances, wouldn't be able to travel to the US, someone who has a visa is already allowed to travel to the US... This tiktok account has been talking about it

Timeline
5 hours ago, Elvis&Sky said:

Update everyone; my husband's friend made it to his layover safely and is on his last flight to Seattle. He said going through customs/immigration in Dallas was pretty easy. He was only asked maybe 2 or 3 questions, and waited maybe an hour or so. So pretty good experience for him! Unfortunately the same cannot be same for my brother and mother in law. They're currently stuck in Bogota for two weeks because MIL did not have an approved vaccine. They tried to show Colombian staff there that the notice states she can travel even with the unapproved vaccine, she would just restart the series here, but the staff was not having it, and they were denied boarding 😡. MIL is going to try and get Moderna today, and we'll count 14 days from today. So if you're traveling through Colombia, please make sure you have an approved vaccine, otherwise you WILL be denied boarding, despite what the I-134 says. I'll update again once they're able to board in a few weeks.

Oh god. I am so sorry to hear this. What vaccine did she got in Vnzla?

Guys, Here is a list of Covid Vaccines. Only the ones approved for the OMS are valid in Colombia. Basically Sinopharm or Sinovac if you got it in Venezuela. 

Also, I called my airline and they told me Colombia is requesting 3 doses... Although the guy who talked with me over the phone with me was not really sure about this. I don't think is true.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
11 minutes ago, maria22 said:

I am sorry to hear that.

I have seen a bunch of people with the same question. They don't get travel authorization because this is extraordinary process for people who, in normal circuntances, wouldn't be able to travel to the US, someone who has a visa is already allowed to travel to the US... This tiktok account has been talking about it

That is not how it has been done with Ukrainians and makes little sense so could be true

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

That is not how it has been done with Ukrainians and makes little sense so could be true

Did ukranians with visa got their travel authorization? There's many many Venezuelans with visas who have not gotten theirs 😕 It's heartbreaking. 

2 hours ago, maria22 said:

I am sorry to hear that.

Yeah this is annoying. Thank you for sharing that. Did scroll through some and saw that they did admit people with a visa...so I guess it'll just be up to CBP once my parents come here, IF they even want to risk it at this point.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, maria22 said:

hey guys I just made it. Got paroled and I am finally safe. I landed in Miami and the whole process with the CBP did not take more than 30 mins :)

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

Be sure to let us know of additional important developments.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.