BOKURAGAITA

INTERVIEW DATE SKIP DATES IN NOVEMBER

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day VJ!

So, I've been waiting for the US Embassy in PH to open an interview slot in November for my K2FTJ children however they never open the Nov 17 and 24th slots but they immediately open the December 1st, 15 and 22 slots and jump to January. I'm confused, we wanted the 17th or the 24th so we can bring them before Christmas and spend few days with family before leaving. I've been sending inquiries, emails and calling the Embassy in PH to ask what is happening. I got a response that beside the annual date to admit the K2 they extend another 180 days for those K2 who got delayed by the pandemic. My question is as Iam typing my confusion they never open the November, and I don't know if someone could answer me WHY? Do you think it will be available soon? My husband won't be able to book plane tickets if there's no interview date. We chose the November 17th since their medical exam is on the 13th and we just want them to be here in the US to spend Christmas together as a family. 

*I apologize if I posted this at the wrong topic. 

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

Good day VJ!

So, I've been waiting for the US Embassy in PH to open an interview slot in November for my K2FTJ children however they never open the Nov 17 and 24th slots but they immediately open the December 1st, 15 and 22 slots and jump to January. I'm confused, we wanted the 17th or the 24th so we can bring them before Christmas and spend few days with family before leaving. I've been sending inquiries, emails and calling the Embassy in PH to ask what is happening. I got a response that beside the annual date to admit the K2 they extend another 180 days for those K2 who got delayed by the pandemic. My question is as Iam typing my confusion they never open the November, and I don't know if someone could answer me WHY? Do you think it will be available soon? My husband won't be able to book plane tickets if there's no interview date. We chose the November 17th since their medical exam is on the 13th and we just want them to be here in the US to spend Christmas together as a family. 

*I apologize if I posted this at the wrong topic. 

Thank you.

Whatever slots they have available is your option.   They won’t open up unavailable time slots to accommodate your plans.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's not very constructive complaining why certain days are not available and not take action on days that actually opened up.  I would suggest you book the first available slot(s) before someone else snags them. 

USEM (US Embassy Manila) enjoys both Philippine and US Holidays.  Month of November got plenty.  There are times they do not schedule next to those dates as workers file for long vacations too.

November 2022

• Tue 1. November 1. All Saints Day.
  • Fri 11. November 11. U.S. Veterans Day.
  • Thu 24. November 24. Thanksgiving Day.
  • Wed 30. November 30. Bonifacio Day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

we just want them to be here in the US to spend Christmas together as a family. 

Many, many families are separated in this immigration process and they would like to spend Christmas together. 

Unfortunately you don't get to decide. 

Use the interview slots they gave you.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

13 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

USEM (US Embassy Manila) enjoys both Philippine and US Holidays.  Month of November got plenty.  There are times they do not schedule next to those dates as workers file for long vacations too.

November 2022

• Tue 1. November 1. All Saints Day.
  • Fri 11. November 11. U.S. Veterans Day.
  • Thu 24. November 24. Thanksgiving Day.
  • Wed 30. November 30. Bonifacio Day.

Sharing this link so you have a source - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-gen-holidays.asp

Also, don't book flights just because you have interview dates. Book only after the visas are approved, passports have been mailed back and you've checked the visas for any errors. 

Every once in a while we get posts on VJ from members who lost a lot of money with flights because the visas didn't arrive on time.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.