bmorgz

Employment Offer and ESTA Question

6 posts in this topic

Hello! I am a dual US/UK citizen by birth, wanting to move my UK citizen husband to the US. I have two questions. 

1. I have received an offer of employment in the US which would require me to relocate in 12 weeks. We are almost ready to file our I-130 (see question 2), but would like to expedite this once submitted along with filing a CR1 with DFC in London. Does anybody have advice on how we could go about this? I have also seen different resources in different places, some saying that this is a legitimate reason to expedite a visa and some saying it is not. 

2. My husband and I have a trip planned to the US in December for which he will need to get an ESTA. On the I-130 USCIS online form under Beneficiary's Immigration Information / Beneficiary Class of Admission, I have submitted the details for his last ESTA he obtained to visit the United States under class of admission B2 - Temporary Visit for Pleasure. Will this be a problem / will I need to update his application when he gets his ESTA for our trip in December? 

Many thanks, 

B

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Here are a couple of fairly recent threads specific to DCF in London that may be helpful.  As to updating the I130 after your upcoming trip, he can update it at the time of the interview, if the consulate accepts the I130 for DCF, you will need to submit it with the latest information you have which at this point would not include the future trip.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, bmorgz said:

Hello! I am a dual US/UK citizen by birth, wanting to move my UK citizen husband to the US. I have two questions. 

1. I have received an offer of employment in the US which would require me to relocate in 12 weeks. We are almost ready to file our I-130 (see question 2), but would like to expedite this once submitted along with filing a CR1 with DFC in London. Does anybody have advice on how we could go about this? I have also seen different resources in different places, some saying that this is a legitimate reason to expedite a visa and some saying it is not. 

2. My husband and I have a trip planned to the US in December for which he will need to get an ESTA. On the I-130 USCIS online form under Beneficiary's Immigration Information / Beneficiary Class of Admission, I have submitted the details for his last ESTA he obtained to visit the United States under class of admission B2 - Temporary Visit for Pleasure. Will this be a problem / will I need to update his application when he gets his ESTA for our trip in December? 

Many thanks, 

B

Do not file the I-130 stateside unless DCF has been refused.  Once you submit an I-130 to USCIS, the DCF option will not be available.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

43 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Do not file the I-130 stateside unless DCF has been refused.  Once you submit an I-130 to USCIS, the DCF option will not be available.  

Repeating because this is important.  @bmorgz, do NOT file your I-130 with USCIS.  Send your DCF request to the consulate in London first.  With a written job offer, your chances are high that the request will be approved by the consulate.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:40 PM, Chancy said:

Repeating because this is important.  @bmorgz, do NOT file your I-130 with USCIS.  Send your DCF request to the consulate in London first.  With a written job offer, your chances are high that the request will be approved by the consulate.

Thank you for this! Can I file with DCF without a job offer and if I receive a job offer expedite the pre-existing case? Or is it better to get a job offer and start from there?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, bmorgz said:

Thank you for this! Can I file with DCF without a job offer and if I receive a job offer expedite the pre-existing case? Or is it better to get a job offer and start from there?

You need the job offer with a specified start date to show the consulate an exceptional circumstance so they may accept the DCF filing.  No job offer, then you file the I130 through the normal route.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.