2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
8 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Ok

the petition for VAWA and where you mail it has changed. Print a copy and read it over. 

so you have never had a green card?

No I've not had a green card, my wife said she had mailed my documents in but never did and had a friend pretending to be an immigration officer call me saying they had received them. I found my immigration documents 2 years later hidden in a drawer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We're in great -- nay, desperate -- need of our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================

SEEN ON STUPID SIGNS

DANGER -- DO NOT TOUCH.  Not only will this kill you, but it will hurt the whole time when you're dying.

PUSH TO OPEN.  If that does not work, PULL.  If both do not work, try the actual entrance around the corner.

Please note:  cat milk does not come from cats.

Please do not lick the bathroom walls.  Thank you.

We don't speak Pig Latin, Klingon, or Starbucks.  Please order a small, medium, or large.

Pull your pants up or don't come in.  No one wants to see your underwear.  (Does not apply to children under 3 years of age.)

In light of recent events, no Oreos will be allowed in the library.

This vending machine has no cups.  Please do not cup your hands underneath it instead.

Because of a shortage of robots, some of our staff are human and therefore react unpredictably when abused or under pressure.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/26/2023 at 6:53 PM, Ozy7 said:

My interview date was October 2020 and me and lawyer were working on our vawa case. The official receipt notice was on dec 2020 for my vawa. Me and ex wife were divorced and My lawyer told me that she went to interview herself and talked w the officer and got promised that they will hold it. Since then it’s still showing that interview has scheduled for Oct 2020. I was able to get 2 renewed ead and advance parole through my existing i485 which makes me believe that they are still holding it I hope I’m not wrong. Vawa is still pending. What do you guys think? I will also get a denial for my i485? I’m not sure if I can get approval for i360, how can I still use existing i485, I’ve been waiting 35 months for  vawa and I don’t feel any strong left in me to wait additional years for i485 interview:(

USCIS  is not obligated to hold your I-485; however, they are holding it until now, so I do not see any reason why they would deny it. But If your wife withdraws the form I-485 then USCIS will deny your AOS, and you will simply need to refile a new one.

Timeline
18 hours ago, John J said:

Hello I'm not exactly new to VAWA I was going to file a few years ago 2019 but didn't. I now have my own home and feel much more confident to apply, based on physical and psychological abuse. I'm in New York. I need help with what I have to do, which forms I need to mail, I believe to Vermont and any other helpful information, thank you.

You need to send the self-petition to Nebraska. In the absence of a police report, you must attend therapy in order to obtain a psychological evaluation  You need to submit  your police clearance. You must write your affidavit stating about the courtship, marriage and abuse.If your don't have a pending I-485 then submit forms I-485, I-360, I-765, I-131, I-864W and G-1145. Pay the USCIS fees, Fill out form I-912 if you are unable to pay the fees. Get affidavits from family and friends.Those who have been divorced for more than two years are not eligible to file a Vawa.

Timeline
On 10/25/2023 at 5:14 PM, 2020filer said:

GUYS VERY URGENT PLS HELP @Sandra G.

I received my i485 denial notice in the mail today (it’s been 28 days so I only have a few days left to respond) and I’m attaching what it says here. I have no clue what it’s about. Please help decipher! (I appeared alone to the interview to ask to hold i485 in abeyance). The rest of the text is just that I need to return my EAD card.

IMG_0052.jpeg

I am not sure if I have answered your question previously. The following form must be resubmitted I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864W and G1145. You need to pay USCIS fees, if you are unable to pay fill out form I-912. As soon  you receive your I-485 receipt, send a copy of the receipt  to your local office and ask that the case not be forwarded to the Court because you refiled your case. Make sure you submit a copy of the receipt for the I-360 as well.

Timeline

Even one day before the expiration of your passport, you may return to the United States

On 10/10/2023 at 6:34 PM, Priya25 said:

I do not have US passport, I will be travelling on my advance parole I am just wondering if I return a week before expiration date of my Advance parole combo card, is that going to be a problem.

Thanks, I will do the same.

Even one day before the expiration of your advance parol  you may return to the United States. Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months prior to your trip. 

Edited by Sandra G.

1 hour ago, Sandra G. said:

USCIS  is not obligated to hold your I-485; however, they are holding it until now, so I do not see any reason why they would deny it. But If your wife withdraws the form I-485 then USCIS will deny your AOS, and you will simply need to refile a new one.

She did it when we divorced. It was 2020. She withdrew. But the question is, are they still holding it? Since I just renewed my ead and advance parole last month? And vawa is still pending 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear friends if you are about to apply for US citizenship under VAWA and willing to file a N-400 form paper version will it goes to Vermont service center or you local service center Ie the state you are living in which have the jurisdiction.

49 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends if you are about to apply for US citizenship under VAWA and willing to file a N-400 form paper version will it goes to Vermont service center or you local service center Ie the state you are living in which have the jurisdiction.

You will always have an interview with N-400 and local field office has the jurisdiction in the end.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You will always have an interview with N-400 and local field office has the jurisdiction in the end.

So the form N-400 to be submitted in the local field office not in the Vermont service center if you are applying part version of N-400

I think I sent my C09 renewal to the wrong address. My vawa was approved 10months ago, my file is at my local office but I sent my renewal to vawa office Vermont center.

38 River Rd, Essex junction VT, do I need to refill it or just wait?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here know what kind of supporting doc.s are needed for applying to naturalization  (online application for N-400)?

This is the only info I found for naturalization based on vawa.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/fact-sheets/DO_FactSheet_NatzForVAWALawfulPermResidents_V3_508.pdf

If anyone has a checklist I’d really appreciate it.

Edited by GreenB

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/2/2023 at 9:12 AM, Ozy7 said:

She did it when we divorced. It was 2020. She withdrew. But the question is, are they still holding it? Since I just renewed my ead and advance parole last month? And vawa is still pending 

Most likely your EAD will be denied and you will not be able to get one until VAWA approved. Or you file another I-485. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.