2,974 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, jamaica fineness said:

Dear friend I went to my green card interview on august 28,2023 and my case approved I also applied for a i601  waiver. It was also a proved  I  hope my good news inspire others. I want to say thanks for all who help me in the past on this forum, and who I have meet in person stay bless now I’m going to Jamaica 🇯🇲 🇯🇲✈️🙏❤️🔥🎊🎉😎🫡IMG_9810.thumb.jpeg.f19f0de666a95d52fffebd3856d3f68a.jpegal 

Congrats!! 🙏🏻🥳🥳🥳🥳 whsts your time line? Thank you

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Reto said:

Congrats!! 🙏🏻🥳🥳🥳🥳 whsts your time line? Thank you

Married to a us citizen

Submitted I360 Only May 2019

Approval November 2020 

submitted I 485 & I 601 waiver July 2022

Both were approved August 28, 2023

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, jamaica fineness said:

I went to my green card interview on august 28,2023 and my case approved I also applied for a i601  waiver. It was also a proved

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

11 hours ago, jamaica fineness said:

Dear friend I went to my green card interview on august 28,2023 and my case approved I also applied for a i601  waiver. It was also a proved  I  hope my good news inspire others. I want to say thanks for all who help me in the past on this forum, and who I have meet in person stay bless now I’m going to Jamaica 🇯🇲 🇯🇲✈️🙏❤️🔥🎊🎉😎🫡IMG_9810.thumb.jpeg.f19f0de666a95d52fffebd3856d3f68a.jpegal 

so happy for you!!! very very congratulations

my interview was on aug 25th they asked me 601 waver, any idea how long this waver will take

please let me know

thanks !!!1

• Case history

August 24, 2023 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

August 23, 2023 Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing.

June 20, 2023 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.

May 1, 2023 We transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.

August 23, 2023 Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing.

March 6, 2023 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Hello folk my case from Nebraska to nation benefit center .
two time same update I really don’t understand what’s going on with my case. Vawa was more cool. Anyone same issue had or having like me  please write your experiences so we can see thank you .  It shows lawfully next update must be fingerprint 63% or rfe 16% .  What should I expect ?

21 minutes ago, Hope21 said:
It shows lawfully next update must be fingerprint 63% or rfe 16% .  What should I expect ?

You can expect an approval, interview, RFE, NOID or denial. 

Lawfully doesn't take into consideration your specific case and its merits.

10 hours ago, Hope21 said:
  • Case history

August 24, 2023 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

June 20, 2023 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.

May 1, 2023 We transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.

March 6, 2023 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Hello folk my case from Nebraska to nation benefit center .
two time same update I really don’t understand what’s going on with my case. Vawa was more cool. Anyone same issue had or having like me  please write your experiences so we can see thank you .  It shows lawfully next update must be fingerprint 63% or rfe 16% .  What should I expect ?

Looks like they already have your fingerprints. My guess is that it got bounced Nebraska->Vermont->National Benefits Center->Local Office. So right now it'll be RFE, interview, or approval. If you are missing the medicals then it'll be either interview or approval.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

4 hours ago, Demise said:

Looks like they already have your fingerprints. My guess is that it got bounced Nebraska->Vermont->National Benefits Center->Local Office. So right now it'll be RFE, interview, or approval. If you are missing the medicals then it'll be either interview or approval.

I have never given any medical exam after I came usa before usa yes I had medical for k1 vsa. I hope something good will come 🙏🙏🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
18 hours ago, asimove said:

so happy for you!!! very very congratulations

my interview was on aug 25th they asked me 601 waver, any idea how long this waver will take

please let me know

thanks !!!1

I received 601 RFE as well

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/31/2023 at 12:37 PM, jamaica fineness said:

Married to a us citizen

Submitted I360 Only May 2019

Approval November 2020 

submitted I 485 & I 601 waiver July 2022

Both were approved August 28, 2023

What is I-601 wavier for 

Logic question:

VAWA approval lasts forever. VAWA approval grants C31 EAD. VAWA likely grants deferred action. If you get deferred action, you can live and work in the US forever.

Green Card denial puts you in removal proceedings.

Green Card vs. Approved VAWA gets you travel, ability to apply for Citizenship, and a few other minor benefits.

Seems if you have any doubt you'll get the Green Card, DO NOT APPLY.

What's missing? Not a lawyer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.