2,974 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2023 at 7:56 AM, OldUser said:

Whenever something is in the process is not followed exactly => USCIS gets confused => this causes delays (not always, but many times).

If USCIS didn't need to differenciate between USPS mail and express carrier mail, they would have used one address for both. But something is baked into their process, relying on this difference. It would be fair to think there may be a delay associated with mail being sent to a wrong location.

Apparently the NVC and usps set up the mail sent to Potomac falls to be delivered to Sterling VA (locations close to each other) So @Demise is right, there will be no delay. Hopefully I get the DQ next week with no delays. Thanks anyway 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's so quiet in this thread... let's liven things up with our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

============================================

THE ARCHITECT AND THE LAWYER

An architect vacationing on the French Riviera met an old lawyer friend and asked him what he was doing there.

The lawyer replied, "Remember that lousy real estate that I bought?  Well, it caught fire, so here I am with the proceeds from the fire insurance.  What are you doing here?"

The architect replied, "Remember that lousy real estate that I had in Mississippi?  Well, the river overflowed, and here I am with the proceeds from the flood insurance."

The lawyer looked puzzled.  "Gee," he said, "how did you start the flood?"
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello everyone,

Please i want to mail my EAD & AP renewal application for processing but i am not sure of the address (USCIS) to mail it to. Is it Vermont or Nebraska.  My vawa application is still been adjudicated.  Please your advice will be very much appreciated..

Thanks

9 hours ago, lanim said:

Hello everyone,

Please i want to mail my EAD & AP renewal application for processing but i am not sure of the address (USCIS) to mail it to. Is it Vermont or Nebraska.  My vawa application is still been adjudicated.  Please your advice will be very much appreciated..

Thanks

Vermont: https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses, then I-131 just goes together with wherever I-765 goes if filing them together.

image.png.1c4f89819adc9cebdcb90b97e8c6bdc8.png

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hi everyone! Quick question on unemployment - maybe some of you experienced the process of applying for it and going through GC interview. I am still in the process of awaiting my green card interview/mail, VAWA approved. I was recently separated from my firm and wanted to apply for unemployment insurance. Are there any repercussions going forward with immigration if I did that?

10 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Hi everyone! Quick question on unemployment - maybe some of you experienced the process of applying for it and going through GC interview. I am still in the process of awaiting my green card interview/mail, VAWA approved. I was recently separated from my firm and wanted to apply for unemployment insurance. Are there any repercussions going forward with immigration if I did that?

No, unemployment is not something that disqualifies you, it could raise questions regarding the public charge ground of inadmissibility for most other AOS applicants but we're exempt from that one.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

I’m loosing my hope. It’s been 33 months and still I haven’t heard anything except 5 prima facie. There is no rfe there is no approval and my green card application still says “interview scheduled Oct 2020” . My lawyer went and asked them to hold my case because we were opening vawa case. Everytime I check processing time is going up. Now 35 months for vawa and it says “80% of the cases got answer within 35 months. Even if I get approval god knows how long I will have to wait for gc interview after vawa approval. I have a fiancé and she is from states, she is sad and I feel it. Apparently I can’t get married before I get gc through vawa. I’m just so tired and stressed….. please share your opinions family…

7 minutes ago, Ozy7 said:

I’m loosing my hope. It’s been 33 months and still I haven’t heard anything except 5 prima facie. There is no rfe there is no approval and my green card application still says “interview scheduled Oct 2020” . My lawyer went and asked them to hold my case because we were opening vawa case. Everytime I check processing time is going up. Now 35 months for vawa and it says “80% of the cases got answer within 35 months. Even if I get approval god knows how long I will have to wait for gc interview after vawa approval. I have a fiancé and she is from states, she is sad and I feel it. Apparently I can’t get married before I get gc through vawa. I’m just so tired and stressed….. please share your opinions family…

Just hang in there. You almost there. Once VAWA approve then in 6 months you should get your green card depending on how busy is your field office is. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/25/2023 at 12:11 AM, Priya25 said:

Hello Family, I am very confused what to do, a week back I received a notification on I-485 that they have updated my name (I had not requested for any name change/update). I did some research and found that they do update name/address internally sometimes to match the documents so there is nothing to worry.

I had submitted an congressmen enquiry to check on my address update (as USCIS was sending documents on my old address even after I submitted application for address change) , so I assumed may be its an address update.

Today I received and RFE on my I-485 for birth certificate which i already submitted while filling the form, so not sure why are they asking it again. I also noticed that my name is now updated (I have only one name so all my forms had FNU as my first name till now but this RFE said my name in First and Last name).

Do you think this is going to mess up my process?

Second question is I received the RFE on Orange color paper does that mean anything?

what should I do please advise.

Uscis will display your name as written  on your birth certificate.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/10/2023 at 11:11 PM, lanim said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

You have to submit to the office that you mailed  your AOS, if  didn’t get any letter mentioned they transferred your case .

Just now, Sandra G. said:

You have to submit to the office that you mailed  your AOS, if  you didn’t get any letter mentioned they transferred your case .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.