2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
42 minutes ago, asimove said:

Hi Everyone

i did my I485 interview

( it was 10 min long, just basic information, nothing complicated ) 

just because my asylum case was not approve, they ask my to file the I-601 waiver

any body have any idea, how long that will take, and how hard is to get this waiver

please reply

thanks

What is the reason for the waiver?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

35 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

I don't know, but it's certainly worth asking about.  It may save a lot of time.

It's strange that you weren't given exact instructions about what to do.

correct, but i was not expecting anything like that, so i was not ready to ask those options

thanks again !!!!!! 

36 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

What is the reason for the waiver?

because my asylum case was not successful

Timeline
14 minutes ago, asimove said:

correct, but i was not expecting anything like that, so i was not ready to ask those options

thanks again !!!!!! 

because my asylum case was not successful

They had to give you a specific reason to file it to make sure you file the correct waiver. 

On 8/26/2023 at 8:09 PM, Mahi Bansi said:

Hi everyone! I have a question for a friend who also filed VAWA. She has her first name as: Jane Elizabeth and last name as: Doe (I changed names here for explanation). She got her EAD/AP combo card last week but it says - First Name: Jane and Last name: Elizabeth Doe which is of course contradictory to what was filled in her application. Even the approval notice says the same. My question is: Can she still travel with that combo card? Can she still apply for job with that card? 
if this has to be changed, what would be the process now? Her attorney is ghosting her and she’s getting very anxious. 

Please let me know what you think. 

Hello family! Can someone guide me here, please? Do you think she has to return the card and file everything again?

5 hours ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Hello family! Can someone guide me here, please? Do you think she has to return the card and file everything again?

Did her prior letters like prima facie show correct name or if not is there a reason she did not get it corrected. I do not thin it should be an issue you can explain the officer but why to take risk, She can get it corrected now. Attaching link on how to correct your name. For vawa she can reach out to congress person to get it corrected.

14 hours ago, balo101 said:

There are few things i would do.

1- I would reach out to congress person for help at this point.

2- I would make an info pass again and this time i would ask for a supervisor if i would not get satisfactory answer. 

3- I would get another copy of my medical from the doctor (this does not cost over $ 70 and if you can afford) and take that with me at the info pass appointment. I would hand that to a supervisor.  

Thank you dear, that's what I'm planning to do as well, I have already called in for to get a copy of the medicals, and I'm still waiting to get the info pass appointment call back. I wasn't sure, if I could ask for the supervisor at the info pass appointment or not.

Thank you for the clarification.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

Thank you dear, that's what I'm planning to do as well, I have already called in for to get a copy of the medicals, and I'm still waiting to get the info pass appointment call back. I wasn't sure, if I could ask for the supervisor at the info pass appointment or not.

They are not going to address anything until after 120 days. 

8 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

yes you can ask for. I went to an info pass with someone else and we did ask for a supervisor. The supervisor was able to resolve the issue, However, that was a different case. 

7 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

They are not going to address anything until after 120 days. 

It's been 90 days already, there should be no harm inquiring about it. 

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

yes you can ask for. I went to an info pass with someone else and we did ask for a supervisor. The supervisor was able to resolve the issue, However, that was a different case. 

I see thank you.

I am still waiting to get the call for the info pass, I hope everything works out soon.

14 hours ago, Priya25 said:

Did her prior letters like prima facie show correct name or if not is there a reason she did not get it corrected. I do not thin it should be an issue you can explain the officer but why to take risk, She can get it corrected now. Attaching link on how to correct your name. For vawa she can reach out to congress person to get it corrected.

Thank you so much, Priya! Can you share the link again, please?

@Pinkrlion hey fam

Did you submit a visa size photos with a white background included in the NVC package? 

my attorney is saying the photos are not required to submit to the NVC 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oh, boy -- Wednesday -- time for our hilarious Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

================================================

THE BLONDE'S MELONS

A blonde was walking down a road carrying a bag, when a guy came along.

The guy asked, "What are you carrying?"

"Melons," the blonde replied.

"Cool," the guy said.  "If I can guess how many there are, can I have one of them?"

The blonde giggled and said, "If you can guess how many there are, you can have BOTH of them!"
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
10 hours ago, J2020 said:

@Pinkrlion hey fam

Did you submit a visa size photos with a white background included in the NVC package? 

my attorney is saying the photos are not required to submit to the NVC 

Only submit what is on the checklist

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.