2,974 posts in this topic

Hi everyone 

im currently waiting for my visa interview. 

so I have a question regarding the ib1 visa priority, I heard that the ib1 visa is treated exactly like other immediate family visa priority, such as the cr1 and ir1

the country I’m processing my visa in has a massive backlog in processing cr1 and ir1 visa, currently at 8 month delay to get the cr1/ir1 visa. But they almost have no one getting the ib1 visa (based on vawa) very rare 

so im wondering, does this mean I might get an earlier visa interview than the ir1/cr1 visa applicants since the they are different types within the family category, or will it be the exact same priority and wait as the ir1/cr1. There are a huge amount of people processing the cr1/ir1 at this embassy but no one at all processing ib1. 

anyone have an idea if it will be different in the queue since they are 2 different types of visa within the family category, or will they be the same because they still consider them all as immediate family category? 

Hi everyone! I have a question for a friend who also filed VAWA. She has her first name as: Jane Elizabeth and last name as: Doe (I changed names here for explanation). She got her EAD/AP combo card last week but it says - First Name: Jane and Last name: Elizabeth Doe which is of course contradictory to what was filled in her application. Even the approval notice says the same. My question is: Can she still travel with that combo card? Can she still apply for job with that card? 
if this has to be changed, what would be the process now? Her attorney is ghosting her and she’s getting very anxious. 

Please let me know what you think. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, J2020 said:

Hi everyone 

im currently waiting for my visa interview. 

so I have a question regarding the ib1 visa priority, I heard that the ib1 visa is treated exactly like other immediate family visa priority, such as the cr1 and ir1

the country I’m processing my visa in has a massive backlog in processing cr1 and ir1 visa, currently at 8 month delay to get the cr1/ir1 visa. But they almost have no one getting the ib1 visa (based on vawa) very rare 

so im wondering, does this mean I might get an earlier visa interview than the ir1/cr1 visa applicants since the they are different types within the family category, or will it be the exact same priority and wait as the ir1/cr1. There are a huge amount of people processing the cr1/ir1 at this embassy but no one at all processing ib1. 

anyone have an idea if it will be different in the queue since they are 2 different types of visa within the family category, or will they be the same because they still consider them all as immediate family category? 

email the embassy and ask the timeframe for the IB1 interview. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hello   @Sandra G. 
I hope you’re doing great.

I’m about to file n400.

I’ve been cited twice- both are traffic tickets.

1- cellphone but lawyer reduced it to a parking ticket- paid

2- speeding- paid 

Should I write in - why were you cited - “Traffic ticket” for both citations or I need to be more specific about it?

1. “Cellphone use”

2. “Speeding”

Should I write in -outcome - “fine paid”  for both citations?IMG_6851.thumb.jpeg.593eabe8759504a23cf1c1520ee26787.jpeg

Thank you 

PS If anyone has any thoughts or experience on this, please let me know, thank y’all

Edited by Iowa65

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

And you thought that we'd forgotten our hilarious Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke!  (Neh nehneh boo boo) Here it is:

============================

CALLING THE CEO

A man joined a big corporate empire as a trainee.  On his very first day of work, he dialed the food service and shouted into the phone, "Get me a coffee, quickly!"

It turned out that he hadn't dialed the kitchen after all.  The voice from the other side shouted, "You fool!  You've dialed the wrong extension!  Do you know who you're talking to, Dumbo?"

"No," replied the trainee.

"I'm the Chief Executive Officer of the company, you fool!"

The trainee paused for a moment to consider an appropriate response.  He shouted back, "And do you know who YOU are talking to, you fool?"

"No," said the CEO indignantly.

"Good!" said the trainee, and hung up the phone.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello Family, I hope everyone is doing well. it's nice to see a lot of approvals.

I have a delima, I had Vawa  based I-485 interview on May 17 2023, the issued a medical RFE, which I submitted and they received it on May 31st, 2023, since then it has been radio silence, nothing is updated on their website and I have not received any letters regarding it.

I did go in for an infoPass on August 1st, but they couldn't tell me anything about the case, either they received the case or not. the lady just read the online update and said it's pending a review with officer.

I fixing to get an other info pass appoint since it's been over 60 business days and almost 3 months now, since they received the medical.

can I talk to someone at local office to verify if they have the medical rfe mail in hand or not.?

any suggestion will be really helpful, it's been a painful waiting period. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, I hope everyone is doing well. it's nice to see a lot of approvals.

I have a delima, I had Vawa  based I-485 interview on May 17 2023, the issued a medical RFE, which I submitted and they received it on May 31st, 2023, since then it has been radio silence, nothing is updated on their website and I have not received any letters regarding it.

I did go in for an infoPass on August 1st, but they couldn't tell me anything about the case, either they received the case or not. the lady just read the online update and said it's pending a review with officer.

I fixing to get an other info pass appoint since it's been over 60 business days and almost 3 months now, since they received the medical.

can I talk to someone at local office to verify if they have the medical rfe mail in hand or not.?

It is 90-120 days to process a RFE

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Iowa65 said:

Hello   @Sandra G. 
I hope you’re doing great.

I’m about to file n400.

I’ve been cited twice- both are traffic tickets.

1- cellphone but lawyer reduced it to a parking ticket- paid

2- speeding- paid 

Should I write in - why were you cited - “Traffic ticket” for both citations or I need to be more specific about it?

1. “Cellphone use”

2. “Speeding”

Should I write in -outcome - “fine paid”  for both citations?IMG_6851.thumb.jpeg.593eabe8759504a23cf1c1520ee26787.jpeg

Thank you 

PS If anyone has any thoughts or experience on this, please let me know, thank y’all

Please check inbox 

10 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

There are few things i would do.

1- I would reach out to congress person for help at this point.

2- I would make an info pass again and this time i would ask for a supervisor if i would not get satisfactory answer. 

3- I would get another copy of my medical from the doctor (this does not cost over $ 70 and if you can afford) and take that with me at the info pass appointment. I would hand that to a supervisor.  

Hi Everyone

i did my I485 interview

( it was 10 min long, just basic information, nothing complicated ) 

just because my asylum case was not approve, they ask my to file the I-601 waiver

any body have any idea, how long that will take, and how hard is to get this waiver

please reply

thanks

Timeline
15 minutes ago, asimove said:

because my asylum case was not approve, they ask my to file the I-601 waiver

Did the officer who interviewed you tell you where to file the waiver?

Will the officer's USCIS office take it and process it?

Or, do you mail the waiver to some other USCIS address?

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

16 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Did the officer who interviewed you tell you where to file the waiver?

Will the officer's USCIS office take it and process it?

Or, do you mail the waiver to some other USCIS address?

thanks for reply

i guess to mail it

i dint know this option, that the same officer will take the waiver

( is there a such thing, that we can submit to the same officer, LMK thanks again!!! )

Timeline
3 minutes ago, asimove said:

is there a such thing, that we can submit to the same officer

I don't know, but it's certainly worth asking about.  It may save a lot of time.

It's strange that you weren't given exact instructions about what to do.

Edited by TBoneTX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.