2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/6/2023 at 7:11 PM, Koi1 said:

Can someone help me. 

How do I write to Vermont to send all mails to me instead of my good for nothing attorney? I’ve been trying to get a hold of my attorney to talk to her on the phone since March and no response back. I basically have to send over 10 emails and calls to the office to even get my newest prima facie document sent to me. 
recently she was like I’m being disrespectful by not waiting till when she feels like talking to me, so i did her and myself a favor and fired her from my case.

i need to write a letter to Vermont to inform them but I’m not sure how to write it or where to send it to. 

any help is greatly appreciated. 

Send a certified mail  to your attorney saying you no longer want him to represent you. Make sure  that your attorney forwards to you all mails received after he was fired.  Ask USCIS to forward all mails to your address, submit a copy of the mail receipt. Keep in mind that  USCIS rarely updates addresses.

8 hours ago, Inzya said:

I have finally received my receipts in the mail today. I also received a letter from uscis saying that they have transferred my I-485 application from Nebraska to Vermont service center “in order to speed up processing”. Weird.

Although I have filled up an electronic notification form I haven’t received any email or text messages from them, so keep checking your mailbox.

This one is just out right hilarious because it looks like they moved VAWA over to Nebraska in order to exactly that, now it turns out that Nebraska can't handle it.

Doubly stupid because in a case like mine with an approved I-360 all they need to do is process the payment and pass it onward to the NBC.

18 minutes ago, Sandra G. said:

Recently I  encountered a case similar to yours. After waiting 10 weeks for the receipt to be issued, I inquired USCIS and they mentioned "resubmit the application". You were instructed to inquire within 60 days, then wait a few more weeks. I had more than 20 cases for which the receipts took five months to be issued. 

Yeah I'll wait and then keep harassing them. Bit annoying that I can't get an answer if they even got my mail or not. Definite yes would be wait, definite no would be refile, but this is just wait and hope they get their affairs in order.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
On 8/6/2023 at 6:59 AM, J2020 said:

Hey fam 

I’ve been in the process of doing consular processing to get the immigrant visa through vawa abroad. 

As some of you know, I’ve been dealing with hardship and abuse in my home country since I returned. to be honest, I have been dealing with too much and it’s not safe for me in so many ways. I’m fearing for my life that I can’t sleep or eat anymore. I’ve been in a constant survival mode that is affecting my health and well being. 

In your honest opinion, do you guys think I should expedite my visa process based on this, because I wanna move back somewhere safe in the states away from usc spouse city and my relatives abroad, Or is it going to complicate my visa process since my case is also based on abuse? Do you guys think it’s a good idea to share these details and evidence with the NVC to expedite and safe my life, or is it just gonna complicate the process and add unnecessary questions and delays to my visa interview? 

I’m honestly so tired of my life at this point, I’m tired of fighting to stay safe, and tired of this existence and living like this for so long, I’m giving up, so this is my last hope. Do I keep fighting for my life and wait for the normal progress of this visa hoping I’ll stay safe and alive till I get the visa with no complications, or do I expedite and share information with the NVC with no guarantees of a certain outcome and maybe complicate this process further? 

I saw that the humanitarian expedite covers the hardship of the beneficiary or if their well being is at risk. And I definitely wouldn’t try to expedite if my life isn’t in danger.

the attorney doesn’t wanna do the expedite, so it doesn’t add more complications or questions to the visa process and I get her point, but she also doesn’t care about my well being because it doesn’t affect her life. So I don’t know if her opinion only serves her because she’s lazy and doesn’t want the workload because she has expressed that before (I don’t fully trust the attorneys opinions after it caused me all this mess in the first place) 

Your advise is appreciated 

You will not complicate your case because you are asking to expedite, but I doubt they will expedite your case. To return back into the  U.S  you need a valid advance parole. Read below what USCIS has to say  about expediting a case .

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-5

Edited by Sandra G.

Timeline
On 8/4/2023 at 11:20 PM, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, I had my combo card CO9 approved April 2022, CO9 combo card is valid till May 2024, Can anyone tell me if the travel document is valid till then too or just the combo card, I had traveled twice using combo card without any issue, it's been over year, for travel document to be approved, can I still travel on the same combo card or should I wait?

I had Vawa approved May 2022 and I-485 interview May 2023, they issued RFE for medical and it's been over months no response about I-485 it just show's rfe was issued on May 17 2023 same day as interview.

Any input will really help, I asked my lawyer he said I can travel and so did the lady at info pass after she looked at my combo card and said you are good to travel since travel document is also valid for two years, but I am still hesitant about traveling.

If your AP is valid you can travel.

40 minutes ago, Sandra G. said:

You will not complicate your case because you are asking to expedite, but I doubt they will expedite your case. To return back into the  U.S  you need a valid advance parole. Read below what USCIS has to say  about expediting a case .

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-5

Thank you for the response Sandra, Many people I know got their cases expedite through the NVC under the uscis expedite criteria and got their interview letter within weeks from the approved expedite. The embassies can accept expedites as well.

My question is will the expedite based on extreme abuse by family members abroad complicates the visa process and the interview questions since my original petition is based on spousal abuse in the USA? 

7 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

If your AP is valid you can travel.

Thank you. I have c31 and c09, my c09 says valid for travel since it going to expire May 2024.

An other question, I had my interview for I-485 May 17, 2023, they issused medical RFE same day, and then I mailed it to them and they received it on May 31 2023, and signed it. 

I had info pass on August 1st 2023, where the lady couldn't verify or tell me if they really received the mail or not, it only show's the RFE was issued and case is pending a review with officer. Can you tell me what should I do, or just wait?

14 minutes ago, Aarontx90 said:

Thank you. I have c31 and c09, my c09 says valid for travel since it going to expire May 2024.

An other question, I had my interview for I-485 May 17, 2023, they issused medical RFE same day, and then I mailed it to them and they received it on May 31 2023, and signed it. 

I had info pass on August 1st 2023, where the lady couldn't verify or tell me if they really received the mail or not, it only show's the RFE was issued and case is pending a review with officer. Can you tell me what should I do, or just wait?

It is over 60 days now. i would day reach out to your congress person. Explain your situation with the receipt confirmation that USCIS received your medical. 

Greetings to everybody! Hope all is well to everyone. I'm writing to you because I need guidance on what to do at this very moment. I recently inquired about my I-360 through my senator. Senator received a response stating that my case is currently in the work flow and is awaiting assignment to an officer. I assume that, after 3.5 years of waiting, my case has not yet been assigned to an officer. What can i do to help my case get to an officer? After submission, nothing happens to my case at all. Vawa applied in February 2020.

2 minutes ago, H2020 said:

Greetings to everybody! Hope all is well to everyone. I'm writing to you because I need guidance on what to do at this very moment. I recently inquired about my I-360 through my senator. Senator received a response stating that my case is currently in the work flow and is awaiting assignment to an officer. I assume that, after 3.5 years of waiting, my case has not yet been assigned to an officer. What can i do to help my case get to an officer? After submission, nothing happens to my case at all. Vawa applied in February 2020.

Writ of mandamus

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.