2,974 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Family said:

I believe they route the waiver directly the Field Office..so it takes a bit . I also think you will get an Approval/Receipt in one shot .  ..

The RFE said after getting a receipt notice from i601 , submit it together with a copy of RFE to the local office and the officer will then make a decision on both i290b and I601. since my i485 receipt number starts with SRC I mailed it to Dallas Tx, then it will be sent to Vermont to issue a recept notice.  Praying for the receipt notice , that’s what I want. Waiting for them to cash my check 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

1 hour ago, Itsmytime said:

Hi Everyone,

just wanted to come share my testimony and give someone hope. Been on this immigration journey since 2017 when I filed my i30/485.

my ex withdrew my application without telling me after going through so much abuse with him. Mostly psychological, emotional and financial. 
I applied for Vawa early 2020 after going through so many therapy sessions because it was a very difficult time.

My personal statement was about 15 pages long. Half detailing how we met and the good times the other half about abuse.

had 3 letter from friends talking briefly about knowing about the marriage and me talking to them about abuse but none witnessed it. They were the only ones I complained to.

no police report or medical report about abuse.only the reports that show I had never been arrested or committed a crime.

Had 6 therapy sessions before I applied and my therapist only summarized all out sessions on one page( I was worried about that but my 15 pages personal statement prob helped)

nothing else 

During the wait I got about 4 prima facies. Got approved April 2022 right after my 4th prima facie.

waited a whole year before I was asked to send in medicals to the Houston field office this year May 2023. I was so happy because I knew my approval was around the corner. Kept seeing people called to interview but did not ever think I would be called to interview some weeks after submitting medicals. I was scared something was wrong. Like most people I was afraid days leading up to the interview. But to God be the Glory the interview went really well and I was approved on the spot 2 days ago.

please if you are called for interview after sending medicals DON’t panic. Be yourself and be calm during the interview.

I just want to say please don’t give up. Keep staying out of trouble(it does matter for your i485 and even if you have issue make sure to work well with a lawyer so they can fight for you),keep praying and be patient. It is not easy but your day will come too. 
after prayer my next advice is LIVE YOUR LIFE while you wait.
wishing everyone here all the very best. 

Thanks for sharing.

Stay blessed 🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Itsmytime said:

I was approved on the spot 2 days ago

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Stay blessed 🙏

congratulations

supper happy for you

what did they ask in 485 interview

please share 

thans

3 hours ago, Itsmytime said:

Don’t worry same happened to me but it went well. Keep the faith. 

congratulations

supper happy for you

please share 

thans

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline
4 hours ago, Itsmytime said:

Don’t worry same happened to me but it went well. Keep the faith. 

Thank you so much . And congratulations . 
which documents did you go with? 

2 hours ago, asimove said:

congratulations

supper happy for you

please share 

thans

congratulations

supper happy for you

please share 

thans

Thank you 

My name 

date of birth 

place of birth

ex’s name

Ex’s place of birth city/state in the US

his date of birth

our wedding date 

then he went through all yes/no questions and told me I was approve

took less than 15 mins 

My lawyer was with me and had all my docs but I ddnt show the officer anything but my drivers license.

he only confirmed medicals was received some weeks ago and said I was approved.

2 hours ago, Impeach said:

Thank you so much . And congratulations . 
which documents did you go with? 

My lawyer was with me and had all my docs I submitted previously but I ddnt show the officer anything but my drivers license even though I had my EADs and BC with me. Waited for him to ask but he ddnt.

I would say if you don’t have a lawyer just go with ID, birth certificate, previous divorce decrees if needed if you have been divorced, all Ead/combo cards. 

I thought I would have to submit another medicals but interview letter stated not to worry if already submitted so I ddnt bother to take another one.

Edited by Itsmytime

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline
3 hours ago, Itsmytime said:

My lawyer was with me and had all my docs I submitted previously but I ddnt show the officer anything but my drivers license even though I had my EADs and BC with me. Waited for him to ask but he ddnt.

I would say if you don’t have a lawyer just go with ID, birth certificate, previous divorce decrees if needed if you have been divorced, all Ead/combo cards. 

I thought I would have to submit another medicals but interview letter stated not to worry if already submitted so I ddnt bother to take another one.

Thanks for bn so

helpful . I will go with my lawyer . Hopefully it will be smooth .

7 hours ago, Itsmytime said:

Thank you 

My name 

date of birth 

place of birth

ex’s name

Ex’s place of birth city/state in the US

his date of birth

our wedding date 

then he went through all yes/no questions and told me I was approve

took less than 15 mins 

My lawyer was with me and had all my docs but I ddnt show the officer anything but my drivers license.

thank you so much for the reply!!!!

( my interview is in 3 week )

your reply really helps 😣 

wish you the best!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Impeach said:

Thanks for bn so

helpful . I will go with my lawyer . Hopefully it will be smooth .

The lawyer will not even have anything to say.

It usually the review of your form (what was filed in your form) and the Yes and No questions.

That's why it's called the ADMISSIBILITY INTERVIEW or REVIEWS because your form I-360 had already been approved.

They don't ask any questions concerning your vawa, they simply focus on your form I-485 and just be asking you to confirm what had been already filled out.

Good morning everyone, 

I have a question that I’d love if anyone else in this group has any knowledge about.

My vawa was approved little over a year ago, from the day I left my abusive relationship I have not spoken to my ex, which it’s almost 5 years ago. I know I am divorced as my ex has already remarried, I’m guessing he went through the process by himself. We both lived in ny, so I'm assuming here is where the divorce was filed, but all the courts I’ve checked can’t provide me with a copy of my divorce certificate. Does anyone know how I might obtain a copy? Thank you 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/25/2023 at 8:17 AM, GeraldSG said:

Ead renewal based on C9 category (based on underlying I-485 held in abeyance; pending VAWA approval) - what is the length of validity uscis grant the renewed cards for these days? When the card was first approved and issued during 2020, I was approved for 2 years. Will the renewed card be given 2 years too? @Sandra G.

They are still renewing for 2 years 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Ah, Sunday -- time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=================================

GOOD SHORT ONES

Two things to make your day better:

1.  Do not watch the news.

2.  Stay off the bathroom scale.

One minute, you're 21, staying up all night drinking beer, eating pizza, and doing sketchy stuff for fun.  Then, in a blink of an eye, you're 51, drinking water, eating salad, and unable to do any sketchy stuff because you pulled a muscle putting on your socks.

When we're young, we sneak out of our house to go to parties.

When we're old, we sneak out of parties to go home.

I just failed my driving test.  When the examiner asked me, "What sign would you expect to see when driving down a narrow country road," apparently "fresh eggs for sale" isn't the answer...

After every Bank Holiday weekend, I say to myself, "Susan, you have to stop drinking so much wine."  Luckily, my name's not Susan.

"I just cleared out some space in the freezer" sounds much more productive than "I just consumed another quart of ice cream."

The longest drum solo was 10 hours, 26 minutes.  It was performed by the child sitting behind me on flight 963 from Los Angeles to Tokyo.

I just fired myself from cleaning my house.  I don't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Cop:  You were speeding.

Me:   I was just trying to keep up with traffic.

Cop:  There isn't any.

Me:   I know!  That's how far behind I am.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.