2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

And you thought we forgot that it is Wednesday, and therefore time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

====================

THE ESSENCE OF THE SITUATION

"Pilot to control tower!  Out of gas 300 miles over the Atlantic!  What do I do?"

"Tower to pilot.  Repeat after me:  'Our Father, who art in heaven...'"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Got RFE for medicals today. Vawa approved last May. Does this still mean no interview these days? Also how long after you submitted your medicals was your green card approved?

I hope this means my journey is almost over... my thief of a civil surgeon is charging a whole $700 for that medical but i just don't have it in me to fight this or travel to somewhere else to do it so whatever. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ballerina said:

my thief of a civil surgeon is charging a whole $700 for that medical

If I were in charge of All Things, one decree would be a flat (reasonable) fee that Civil Surgeons could charge.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

10 hours ago, GeraldSG said:

@Deee Smith- did you get your receipt notices? I haven’t gotten mine yet, but I received USPS informed delivery that my return receipt associated with the ead/ap renewal forms is en route to me….

Nothing yet. But it seems God's in my neighborhood :). Will update as soon as I get it. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Deee Smith said:

my turn is round the corner.

It surely is, aided by our intrepid posting of semiweekly jokes! :P 

On 3/30/2023 at 6:36 PM, Rhema1 said:

Try to contact your congress person for case inquiry.

Some field offices take much time than others before taking decisions whether to call for an interview or whether to waive it.

I try to have them inquire on my behalf today, send in the documents required with privacy release form but then I received a call from their office and they said that, they can't inquire about my I-485 because it's only been 6 months since it was transferred to nbc and it will still take a year to process and do an inquire. Any idea what I should do now?

On 3/30/2023 at 2:36 PM, Makanaki said:

Thanks @TBoneTX for responding. That makes sense - the “in addition to’.

Yes I do have informed delivery but I’m traveling next Tuesday and kinda hoping it will arrive before then.

Phew! I pray it is something ridiculously simple!

I guess I will just ask a friend to pick up my mails whilst I’m away and scan it to me to reduce my anxiety.

Will definitely post on here once I see it.

I received the RFE and yes it’s somewhat ridiculously simple @TBoneTX

2 things they asked for which I kinda knew they were going to ask for one of them but was hoping the longevity and the issuance of my daughters GC will nullify it.

1) Police clearance from home country (expected). 

2) Evidence of termination of “1st marriage” (unexpected). I put this in quotation marks because we were never legally married, not even traditionally. But with the belief that we will and my naivety back then I bore his name and considered “his wife”. Not strange in my country mind you. I visited the US back then as “his wife”. But relationship ended with my mom rejecting “their hand” in marriage when they eventually sought for it. Years later remarried legally, had a child, turned south and legally divorced. In the box where they ask for how many marriages have you had, I clearly put 2.

In the RFE they had no issues with my divorce but stated I mentioned 2 marriages but was not forthcoming with my “1st marriage “ which is in my 2011 visiting visa.

Hmmm, if I said 2 right from the beginning, is that not mentioning?

Also, since the so called “1st marriage “ was never “legal” (in my country and as recognized on USCIS site there are 3 types of marriages that are recognized), I obviously cannot submit any “legal termination “ evidence. Do you think my personal statement on  circumstances surrounding this will suffice?

4 hours ago, Makanaki said:

I received the RFE and yes it’s somewhat ridiculously simple @TBoneTX

2 things they asked for which I kinda knew they were going to ask for one of them but was hoping the longevity and the issuance of my daughters GC will nullify it.

1) Police clearance from home country (expected). 

2) Evidence of termination of “1st marriage” (unexpected). I put this in quotation marks because we were never legally married, not even traditionally. But with the belief that we will and my naivety back then I bore his name and considered “his wife”. Not strange in my country mind you. I visited the US back then as “his wife”. But relationship ended with my mom rejecting “their hand” in marriage when they eventually sought for it. Years later remarried legally, had a child, turned south and legally divorced. In the box where they ask for how many marriages have you had, I clearly put 2.

In the RFE they had no issues with my divorce but stated I mentioned 2 marriages but was not forthcoming with my “1st marriage “ which is in my 2011 visiting visa.

Hmmm, if I said 2 right from the beginning, is that not mentioning?

Also, since the so called “1st marriage “ was never “legal” (in my country and as recognized on USCIS site there are 3 types of marriages that are recognized), I obviously cannot submit any “legal termination “ evidence. Do you think my personal statement on  circumstances surrounding this will suffice?

According to the USCIS perspective,you were legally married because you got a visitor Visa by writing that you were married meanwhile you were not.

On your i-485, you still persist by marking that you had been married two times.

You can not really convince USCIS that you were ignorant because you could have asked for legal help before filing.

So, you have to now convince them that it was not a legal marriage according to the USA foreign Law policy with about two or three affidavits of relatives explaining the same thing.

Correcting the error on your form because you have have been married once not twice.

Maybe you can ask for an infopass to correct that error on your form i-485 or during the interview if scheduled.

7 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

I try to have them inquire on my behalf today, send in the documents required with privacy release form but then I received a call from their office and they said that, they can't inquire about my I-485 because it's only been 6 months since it was transferred to nbc and it will still take a year to process and do an inquire. Any idea what I should do now?

What you can do now is just to wait and keep praying.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

may God bless you.

Hi All,

Can someone who has been through the process of getting their VAWA derivatives to the USA help me please.  How long after being documentarily qualified do the receive an interview date? My abusive ex-husband is a citizen. My kids priority date is 2019 and they are in Jamaica. They are documentarily qualified since March 2023.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.