2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, perseverance_ said:

Really appreciate you putting in all this time and effort in providing the above information. I believe this part comes in when I have an approved 360 and GC application is pending. But I'm not sure how this would affect my pending 360 application. I received my first prima facie back in March and I think soon I'll be receiving an RFE to provide the final evidence. During that time I'm sure they will find out about the DUI and at that point how does that affect my application? since you need to have a good moral character to have 360 approved. Any insights on that would be greatly helpful, and anything I can do to minimize the damage. Thanks

Congratulations... Your attorney guided you the right path. I am December 2020 filler and never heard back from USCIS.

Can someone help me with the right process to file a paper AR-11? 

do I just mail in one AR-11 for all of my pending forms to Vermont? I-360, I-130, i-485, I-765 (renewal), I-131 (renewal).

How do I indicate to USCIS that the AR-11 form is for all the applications above? In the online AR-11 form, it asks for form numbers, form sub type, receipt number, zip code used when filed. But these required information are missing from the paper AR-11.

@sandranj @balo101

33 minutes ago, GeraldSG said:

Can someone help me with the right process to file a paper AR-11? 

do I just mail in one AR-11 for all of my pending forms to Vermont? I-360, I-130, i-485, I-765 (renewal), I-131 (renewal).

How do I indicate to USCIS that the AR-11 form is for all the applications above? In the online AR-11 form, it asks for form numbers, form sub type, receipt number, zip code used when filed. But these required information are missing from the paper AR-11.

@sandranj @balo101

You just need to fill out only 1 form. Have you send the renewal? 

You can either do it online. If you send the paper based just fill out the form USCIS will change it using your A#.

1 minute ago, balo101 said:

You just need to fill out only 1 form. Have you send the renewal? 

You can either do it online. If you send the paper based just fill out the form USCIS will change it using your A#.

Noted. And yes, I’ve sent my renewals in, but life circumstances change shortly after and now I have to move to another address (thankfully, same state). And it looks like we can’t file it online if we are pending/approved VAWA. Only physical mailing. 

5 minutes ago, GeraldSG said:

Noted. And yes, I’ve sent my renewals in, but life circumstances change shortly after and now I have to move to another address (thankfully, same state). And it looks like we can’t file it online if we are pending/approved VAWA. Only physical mailing. 

Correct and it would be going to Vermont. Just make sure send a certified mail. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
25 minutes ago, HatingTheWaiting said:

wait until the card is in my hand

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Just now, TBoneTX said:

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

I can't believe it's finally my turn to say THE JOKES WORKED!! Forget fancy lawyers, forget letters to congressmen, everyone just needs @TBoneTX 's jokes! Has the best success rate I've ever seen 🥳

29 minutes ago, HatingTheWaiting said:

Is this it? Is it really over? Please tell me this is it and not a USCIS error! I'm trying to not get excited and wait until the card is in my hand just in case it's a technical error but omg 😭

yes.png

I guess this is it! Everyone has their day! Congratulations 🍾🎉🎈🎊 🥳💯

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/5/2023 at 10:17 PM, Aadi135 said:

@Hope4me, thanks for your post. I am April 2020, with 2 RFE and responded In April 2022, planning a month long trip to my home country. Currently my case is in Background check. I am scared to death what if my vawa for any reason get denied while I am abroad ? I will never able to come back. 

your friend who came back last week. What is his/her filing date ? 

Theirs is not VAWA but he used AP. That is what I was emphasizing. 

11 hours ago, balo101 said:

not really. If USCIS did not ask then you do not have to. I never sent mine. 

Thanks @balo101 I haven't submitted yet any document for divorce but recently my status changed to request for RFE , I am wondering if it is related to that should i submit all the decision paper ? 

Also in my divorce documents because my ex husband filed it, he mention that we did not stay together and and that he gave me jewelry as gifts nothing of which is true, but at that moment I was in a situation that my project was getting over and i might go back to my country and just wanted to end the torcher i decided to sign the papers as it is.

do you think that can impact my case .  

1 hour ago, HatingTheWaiting said:

Is this it? Is it really over? Please tell me this is it and not a USCIS error! I'm trying to not get excited and wait until the card is in my hand just in case it's a technical error but omg 😭

yes.png

Congratulations , 🎊 🎉  wait is finally over

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
56 minutes ago, HatingTheWaiting said:

everyone just needs @TBoneTX 's jokes! Has the best success rate I've ever seen 🥳

"Just 100%, so far," he responded humbly. :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

7 hours ago, Priya25 said:

Thanks @balo101 I haven't submitted yet any document for divorce but recently my status changed to request for RFE , I am wondering if it is related to that should i submit all the decision paper ? 

Also in my divorce documents because my ex husband filed it, he mention that we did not stay together and and that he gave me jewelry as gifts nothing of which is true, but at that moment I was in a situation that my project was getting over and i might go back to my country and just wanted to end the torcher i decided to sign the papers as it is.

do you think that can impact my case .  

Hy please don't stress out. Let's wait for the RFE to arrive. Just send them what they would request. If they ask for divorce papers then you can send all the evidence that your marriage was bonafide marriage. I know someone gonna though the same process and her vawa got approved. 

Just let us know what is RFE about. We are here to help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.