2,974 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Hi Vawa family! 

I’m officially a US citizen!!! 🎊 🎉🥳

My interview was today. I was kinda nervous before the interview but it was a lot easier than I thought. My appointment time was at 10:45am and I got called in at 11:50am but was able to check in much earlier though. The interviewer was a lady who was very friendly, bless her. Started with the 6 questions:

• Why do some states have more than one representative  
  • Name the current president 
  • Name three original states
  • How do we stop one branch of government from becoming too powerful
  • Forgot the other 2 questions but they were easy

After this I was asked yes/no questions and asked to read “When is flag day” and write “flag day is in June”. She then proceeded to make a few changes and asked me to review before signing. Nothing asked about my ex-spouse or VAWA at all. 

All in all the interview lasted no more than 6 min. I was then directed to the downstairs lobby where my green card was taken and I waited for the oath ceremony. The oath ceremony started at 20 mins later. We were maybe 40 people in the room. I’m glad I got to take the same day oath and not have to worry about USCIS anymore. I’m relieved this journey is finally over for good!

FO: Seattle 

Now off to applying for a passport!

Thanks to everyone on VisaJourney for your help over the years! A page is finally closing!!😃

For everyone still in the waiting game, don’t worry- your day will come too just like it has for me. 

Congratulations :)

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Hi Vawa family! 

I’m officially a US citizen!!! 🎊 🎉🥳

My interview was today. I was kinda nervous before the interview but it was a lot easier than I thought. My appointment time was at 10:45am and I got called in at 11:50am but was able to check in much earlier though. The interviewer was a lady who was very friendly, bless her. Started with the 6 questions:

• Why do some states have more than one representative  
  • Name the current president 
  • Name three original states
  • How do we stop one branch of government from becoming too powerful
  • Forgot the other 2 questions but they were easy

After this I was asked yes/no questions and asked to read “When is flag day” and write “flag day is in June”. She then proceeded to make a few changes and asked me to review before signing. Nothing asked about my ex-spouse or VAWA at all. 

All in all the interview lasted no more than 6 min. I was then directed to the downstairs lobby where my green card was taken and I waited for the oath ceremony. The oath ceremony started at 20 mins later. We were maybe 40 people in the room. I’m glad I got to take the same day oath and not have to worry about USCIS anymore. I’m relieved this journey is finally over for good!

FO: Seattle 

Now off to applying for a passport!

Thanks to everyone on VisaJourney for your help over the years! A page is finally closing!!😃

For everyone still in the waiting game, don’t worry- your day will come too just like it has for me. 

Congratulations. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hello sir, @Gi Gi is trying to get in here….is there anyway you can get her on board? She was left behind at the previous thread.👍

Hey I’m here thank you so much @Stillwinning!!!😊 @TBoneTX

I’m trying to see where I should send my daughter i485 form. 
Her approved I-360 notice deb 11 2020 

states that 

“the above petition is approved” 

this is the part I don’t understand“you should contact the local Uscis office to obtain a form I-485, application for permanent resident. 
the nvc processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. The nvc also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to the consulate. 

I had sent an adjustment to the local office but the congress said it wasn’t acknowledged so I am to resend it. I would like to know which office. I called Uscis customer care rep but they can’t help me. 

it states she’s the self petitioner as well on the approved I-369 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/2/2022 at 2:47 PM, balo101 said:

Regrading your first question. I have gotten different answers. Some say the time for i-485 starts when it reaches your field office but some say it starts when VAWA approves. So let Sandra response to that since she is an attorney she would know the exact answer.

I do not think it should be an issue since your removal proceedings closed now. I personally know someone who travelled once her cased was closed. 

It says on the letter from your advanced parole, that re-entry is not guaranteed.  Read your documents.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

Hey I’m here thank you so much @Stillwinning!!!😊 @TBoneTX

I’m trying to see where I should send my daughter i485 form. 
Her approved I-360 notice deb 11 2020 

states that 

“the above petition is approved” 

this is the part I don’t understand“you should contact the local Uscis office to obtain a form I-485, application for permanent resident. 
the nvc processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. The nvc also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to the consulate. 

I had sent an adjustment to the local office but the congress said it wasn’t acknowledged so I am to resend it. I would like to know which office. I called Uscis customer care rep but they can’t help me. 

it states she’s the self petitioner as well on the approved I-369 

All paperwork goes to Vermont Center

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 hour ago, Iowa65 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 

Hi! I hope you’re doing well.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you’ll be able to apply for N400 next month (I’m a year behind).

if so, please keep us posted on your process. You have been very helpful here.

Thank you!

Wow! First I was like..what sorcery!😆 then I realized!😊 Yes I will be applying next month and will certainly keep y’all posted. Don’t worry time goes by so swiftly, before you know it it’s time!👍 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yes I will be applying next month

Remember your mandatory N-400 study guide, ma'am:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382775-mrs-t-b-the-citizenship-test/

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sunday... one of our favorite days of the week, because (drum roll) it means our lucky, hilarious Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

============================================

SENIOR TEXTING

Senior citizens have taken to texting with gusto.  They even have their own vocabulary:

BFF = Best Friend Fainted

BYOT = Bring Your Own Teeth

CBM = Covered By Medicare

FWB = Friend With Beta-Blockers

LMDO = Laughing My Dentures Out

GGPBL = Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.