MeG@Am

Case update online

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My congresswoman emailed me las week,  on the day our case turned 16 month, saying that we have an RFE.  It's annoying to know that after 16 months of wait, we get an RFE.  And I can't think of anything that I missed with the application.  I was very thorough.   Although, I am grateful to know that they are working on our case.  I'm grateful to my congresswoman as well.

Anyway... My question is.  USCIS said that they sent out the RFE on 8/18/22. However, since then, the case status has not change yet on the app, in the USCIS website, and in MyUSCIS.  Is that normal?

Honestly, I don't trust USCIS anymore.  I will only believe it once I have the letter.

49 minutes ago, MeG@Am said:

My congresswoman emailed me las week,  on the day our case turned 16 month, saying that we have an RFE.  It's annoying to know that after 16 months of wait, we get an RFE.  And I can't think of anything that I missed with the application.  I was very thorough.   Although, I am grateful to know that they are working on our case.  I'm grateful to my congresswoman as well.

Anyway... My question is.  USCIS said that they sent out the RFE on 8/18/22. However, since then, the case status has not change yet on the app, in the USCIS website, and in MyUSCIS.  Is that normal?

Honestly, I don't trust USCIS anymore.  I will only believe it once I have the letter.

It is normal.   RFEs can come at any time.    They issued it because they didn't have enough information to make a decision to approve or deny the petition.

Do you have informed delivery via the USPS?  I recommend it.  That way you'll be able to see if something is coming from USCIS.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Do you have informed delivery via the USPS?  I recommend it.  That way you'll be able to see if something is coming from USCIS.

No, I don't.  How do I do that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, MeG@Am said:

Honestly, I don't trust USCIS anymore. 

Unfortunately, you or any of us don't really have a choice, if  you want to pursue immigration of your significant other to the USA.

10 minutes ago, MeG@Am said:

No, I don't.  How do I do that?

Go to USPS.com and find out.   🙂

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Go to USPS.com and find out.   🙂

Thank you!  This is very helpful.  

No mail was sent to me from last week.  So we will see.

2 minutes ago, MeG@Am said:

Thank you!  This is very helpful.  

No mail was sent to me from last week.  So we will see.

Best of luck, and please keep us updated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, MeG@Am said:

The online case status doesn’t always update, annoying but if the RFE was only on 18th August, the letter should be there within around a week. 

We got an RFE at 10 months and we responded pretty quickly and got the NOA2 two weeks after they received it. The problem with our case is then it stayed at NVC for another year. Total time taken 21 months on a straightforward K1. So yes you can get one at anytime. The good thing was all they wanted was an updated intent to marry, even though we had sent it in the original packet, so hopefully yours is for a simple RFE response so they can get your application approved quickly. 

I took the RFE as a positive sign that they had actually touched our case, so hopefully you won’t have much of a wait after you respond. 

Good luck with your journey!

Edited by CaLi90

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
18 hours ago, MeG@Am said:

Call uscis number and say info pass to talk to someone if they can email your RFE to you because that’s what I did when I didn’t receive my RFE in my mailbox call them is better

Timeline
18 hours ago, MeG@Am said:

They send me my RFE in my email within minutes after talking to them on the phone they send me the form as a pdf and I printed it

Timeline
8 hours ago, Mad23 said:

Call uscis number and say info pass to talk to someone if they can email your RFE to you because that’s what I did when I didn’t receive my RFE in my mailbox call them is better

Thank you!

I tried calling after work, but then the call center was already closed when I called.  I'll try tomorrow.

I'm curious though if they can give me info, because my status has not changed yet in their website.  It's still "Case was received."  I wonder if that has happened before, where the congressman or senator informed you that there's an update, but there's no change in the case status in the USCIS website after a couple of days.

I remember, I read a post on fb, where they received an email from their representative and their status changed online the next day.

So, I'm still kinda holding my breath on this.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will definitely do that if I haven't gotten anything in the mail.  Although, in the email, USCIS said to give them a call if I have not received the letter by Sep 1.

Timeline
6 hours ago, MeG@Am said:

Thank you!

I tried calling after work, but then the call center was already closed when I called.  I'll try tomorrow.

I'm curious though if they can give me info, because my status has not changed yet in their website.  It's still "Case was received."  I wonder if that has happened before, where the congressman or senator informed you that there's an update, but there's no change in the case status in the USCIS website after a couple of days.

I remember, I read a post on fb, where they received an email from their representative and their status changed online the next day.

So, I'm still kinda holding my breath on this.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will definitely do that if I haven't gotten anything in the mail.  Although, in the email, USCIS said to give them a call if I have not received the letter by Sep 1.

Yes call them as soon as possible in the morning and when you call the number say info pass so you can talk to someone directly 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mad23 said:

Yes call them as soon as possible in the morning and when you call the number say info pass so you can talk to someone directly 

So I was just on the phone with them. Just as I thought, they are not really a help unless there's a change online because like my multiple experience in my previous calls, they see what we can see online.  When I called two weeks ago, I requested for Tier 2 agent.  So the person told me that I'm on cue for that call back.  Again, I asked how long, he said 30 days when the call/request was made.  

I asked several questions.  Answers are not really helpful.

- Question: How long does it take to change the status online from when I received the update from my congresswoman.  

Answer: He said that I will receive the letter first before the online status changes.  I told him that I haven't heard of that before and that all the RFE update online usually comes before the letter.  Then he answers, it's either or.  

- Question:  How long will it take for me to get the letter on the mail?

Answer:  He did not give me an answer really.  He just gave me some BS stuff, like I just have to wait until the letter arrives.  I was hoping to get like an estimate.  

- Questions: (Just out of curiosity). How do I know that the information my congresswoman got from you is legit.

Answer: Basically, he doesn't know.  He said he can't see any update on my case.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get to a tier 2 agent because I'm already on cue.

So what I get from this.  Tier 1 has the same information as we have.  That it is, for me, pointless to call and ask for info from a tier 1 agent if you are just asking for update on a case.  

If after 2 weeks I haven't gotten any letter or there's no change on my case status online, I will try calling USCIS again and send an email to my congresswoman.

However, if there's a change on my status online and haven't gotten the letter yet, I will do as you did.  Ask them to sent the letter via email

Thank you for the info though.  It is helpful, especially if my status online has changed. 😊

Timeline
On 8/23/2022 at 11:30 AM, MeG@Am said:

So I was just on the phone with them. Just as I thought, they are not really a help unless there's a change online because like my multiple experience in my previous calls, they see what we can see online.  When I called two weeks ago, I requested for Tier 2 agent.  So the person told me that I'm on cue for that call back.  Again, I asked how long, he said 30 days when the call/request was made.  

I asked several questions.  Answers are not really helpful.

- Question: How long does it take to change the status online from when I received the update from my congresswoman.  

Answer: He said that I will receive the letter first before the online status changes.  I told him that I haven't heard of that before and that all the RFE update online usually comes before the letter.  Then he answers, it's either or.  

- Question:  How long will it take for me to get the letter on the mail?

Answer:  He did not give me an answer really.  He just gave me some BS stuff, like I just have to wait until the letter arrives.  I was hoping to get like an estimate.  

- Questions: (Just out of curiosity). How do I know that the information my congresswoman got from you is legit.

Answer: Basically, he doesn't know.  He said he can't see any update on my case.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get to a tier 2 agent because I'm already on cue.

So what I get from this.  Tier 1 has the same information as we have.  That it is, for me, pointless to call and ask for info from a tier 1 agent if you are just asking for update on a case.  

If after 2 weeks I haven't gotten any letter or there's no change on my case status online, I will try calling USCIS again and send an email to my congresswoman.

However, if there's a change on my status online and haven't gotten the letter yet, I will do as you did.  Ask them to sent the letter via email

Thank you for the info though.  It is helpful, especially if my status online has changed. 😊

Sorry about I understand your frustration they are really not helping our case is not fair at all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.